ADVERTISEMENT

Best/Worst Iowa game you’ve attended.

Best
  • October 19, 1985.
    • If you need the opponent, circumstances or stakes explained to you, just go ahead and turn in your fan card now.
Worst
  • Blowout variety: Nov 8, 2014 @Minnesota.
    • 51-14 buck-toothed, disease-ridden rodents, and frankly it wasn't even that close.
  • Rip Your Guts Out variety: Nov 10, 1990.
    • In the immortal style of Matt Roth, Ol' Doodle has two words for you: Bobby F--king Olive.
The IA/UM game 1985. Second to none.
1981 UCLA & Neb were pretty cool to a freshman at Iowa.

The Bobby F’ing Olive wound may never heal.

Tyrell Pryor getting the 1st down on 4th and a lot leading to the winning TD is another dagger for me. Don’t remember the year.

This years Minny game. Was so frustrated watching the offense do nothing so left early. Got off the bus at the tailgate and listening to Dolph and Cooper runs the punt back. Pissed I left early. Got to the tailgate and the tv and watched the reversal of the TD. What a kick in the nuts.

Reactions: jonesy5960
This years Minny game. Was so frustrated watching the offense do nothing so left early. Got off the bus at the tailgate and listening to Dolph and Cooper runs the punt back. Pissed I left early. Got to the tailgate and the tv and watched the reversal of the TD. What a kick in the nuts.
We probably walked past each other on the way out.

Best: 05 Cap1 Bowl
Worst: has to be 2021 B1G championship vs. Michigan, at least the 2016 Rose Bowl had a sunset...

1974 ohio st game Hawks lose but got to see Archie Griffin.

1997 tulsa game Tavian Banks rushes for 314 yds still a record. What a day!

Best: when Chuck Long beat Sparty on a last second bootleg
Worst: When Sparty took it the length of the field to beat us in BIG Championship. That game still haunts me.
One of dad’s favorite sayings “ Run the bootleg!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT