ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Today

So I am guessing Brown and Anderson on the outside with Wetjen and Washington in the slot. Sound about right??
Brown stated he has worked in the slot along with Washington Jr. I assume with Wetjen's speed you also want him in the slot to utilize motion to get free releases for him.
My best guess is we'll see Anderson outside at Z and staff gets Buie or Howard ready to go to play X as well. Of course there is a chance of a portal WR as well.

Moral of the story is even though they have plenty of 6'0 or under and slot types they have struggled to get a contributor at X for some time

Brown stated he has worked in the slot along with Washington Jr. I assume with Wetjen's speed you also want him in the slot to utilize motion to get free releases for him.
My best guess is we'll see Anderson outside at Z and staff gets Buie or Howard ready to go to play X as well. Of course there is a chance of a portal WR as well.

Moral of the story is even though they have plenty of 6'0 or under and slot types they have struggled to get a contributor at X for some time
I agree we could use more help on the outside, but between Brown Wetjen and Washington, I think Brown fits the outside better. He can play inside as well I am sure, but if it were I, Washington and Wetjen would be my primary slots. You have to put your best guys and play makers on the field, even if they are a few inches shorter then you would like. Just have to beat them with timing, cuts and speed and not so much jump balls. Puts a little more pressure on the qb to be accurate however.

Reactions: ButtersHawk

Outside of Brandon Smith, the whole damn WR corp for the last 10 years has been made up almost exclusively of "slot-type" guys. Kinda like the OL seems to have only been made up of 5 guards for like the last 5 years (since Wirfs and Jackson left). It's not enough to just be a "football player"......guys have to fit in certain areas.

Outside of Brandon Smith, the whole damn WR corp for the last 10 years has been made up almost exclusively of "slot-type" guys. Kinda like the OL seems to have only been made up of 5 guards for like the last 5 years (since Wirfs and Jackson left). It's not enough to just be a "football player"......guys have to fit in certain areas.
Did we just become best friends?

• Haha
Reactions: thunderstruck1
Did we just become best friends?
Yep!
Best Friends Friend GIF by PermissionIO

That is why I think Lester might be the right guy to do what we need done. Because first we have to have much better QB play, That in turn should make getting wr's easier. Not dissing on the guys we have by any means, just saying that first the ball has to be thrown before it can be caught. As for the OL??? In KF we trust to do what he does. Maybe the way things are now, he can once again get back to doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT