ADVERTISEMENT

Sticking around for another season

USC was starting to head to their big run under Carroll. We were as loaded as Iowa will ever be on both sides of the ball but look at that USC roster. They were just to good.
Meh. We had some big drops and missed tackles

USC was starting to head to their big run under Carroll. We were as loaded as Iowa will ever be on both sides of the ball but look at that USC roster. They were just to good.
Yep. They should have been the national champs that year….if they played either OSU or Miami they would have done the same thing to them.

ABLVV875w-c_LGLxWLE4e_PFYzs9oSWl9skByfNXeSKqo4rkkXDdFKTfKmxgh0leRm3K7LoKSIsfTL1mOOwV_eqP4w02N15jdhMFihz3v6Zb4Fa_2XlIRCJ8Nx-RCNLvcFXzT_dEq1iOoIaq59glh__TgGNV_73yy70Ydhe0iaNUEYvGS6jX4XcZ0UgjRh57H9OnzRJFxsZw4Kp5WB55OtsPcViG3G_Bmngp7EjZR0yxbX7hG4OP5cyPjWm1oSCLC7MynrnpRcEMJEIQM-Dzj6_aKgMZ4GihDVDMIwdcFLZR03l51599G0EZ7ur6rga5pA8eU6Knu_wkheNOvTKgykzj0VvlhX28aXZM47yHkjh_hcTLLm487NEZ36cQGZXWc-b453bOaUsvNumM1f8ESY9_6THa6xthRQ_PWzE-5tWI8Z752j1IisR6b5Ky9hvOdYUwVnBsPUsIYK6XMcmxzm-pTu6wQoFXpx1JF4sI61bD5tikV-H5y8mc9yGmTjYuvHahHhrEq8RIWmwUtiDNMjDfvLStN4GxxjjQ8veXox7_nBTtc-B6BBl-uhjVOKL_qHq0f-gZ1YLnWE4leJ3kU9lLiFgeq5WtAhCw9KC7hyhkNPobYs1eJkeZPsnna0gvTScnay2wqoujzUVZ6NzEfby68lMhb6wBvnZV3rP4gOF_2dUd90a6jluT0IlLdsHV5p80dxDvDNGvi5tW7dGDgd2N51eFdRbFunIADjP3fWkmKBGPbPNFuvBzaNrLZ_o881C_4uSMmlBS2-pTH4GmY_ds3UK75KofH1g3tYqe1V27hGgiu0a_sYXJMvu58wWSj2CV2zvAL8hOm83E6QieE4H3fBNkv4wkgKSF79fG3EBXj6qDI3KP1vuiggyxUJ4rzPAGOg=w364-h200-s-no-gm

Reactions: Wadzinator
Maybe, but we got the most favorable opponent imaginable in the orange bowl, and we really didn’t impress if you’re being honest. Either way, that team wasn’t NC caliber.
Uh, we did not get the most favorable opponent in the Orange Bowl. By all rights, we should’ve played WSU in the Rose Bowl, a team with an injured starting QB, IIRC, and we would’ve waxed their tails

Instead, we get a resurgent USC team with Carson Palmer and a slew of future NFL players. And it was closer than people remember, by all right we should’ve been tied or ahead at halftime

Still, the 2008 team was a complete squad, with Shonn Greene and Jewell Hampton as the RBs. Maybe better by season’s end than 2009 even

He has to be coming back or they wouldn’t have requested the additional year in the first place.
This x a Million, why would they go thru that process if He was just going to enter the Draft? waste of time and resources and Jackson does not strike Me as the type to not be involved in that kind of process .

Uh, we did not get the most favorable opponent in the Orange Bowl. By all rights, we should’ve played WSU in the Rose Bowl, a team with an injured starting QB, IIRC, and we would’ve waxed their tails

Instead, we get a resurgent USC team with Carson Palmer and a slew of future NFL players. And it was closer than people remember, by all right we should’ve been tied or ahead at halftime

Still, the 2008 team was a complete squad, with Shonn Greene and Jewell Hampton as the RBs. Maybe better by season’s end than 2009 even
I think he’s talking about the 2010 Orange Bowl in terms of getting the most favorable opponent. It was only favorable because we had Norm Parker on staff with a month to prepare the defense for the option.

GT was the ACC champion that had defeated #4 VT earlier in the season, VT finished the season #10 so they weren’t an imposter. Two total losses, one on the road to top 25 Miami and another to Georgia in a rivalry game. They also had Demaryius Thomas at WR and a few other multi-year NFL players on offense. Plus while they didn’t have anyone at Thomas’s level on defense, they had several NFL players on that side of the ball too.

In terms of not looking impressive, yes the final margin was only 10 points. But GT had only one scoring drive. Their other TD was from a Rick-6. They had 154 yards of offense to our 400+. Wegher was the best ball carrier and Moeaki was the best pass catcher on the field that particular day,

Also, I agree with you that I think we wax WSU if we had played them in that Rose Bowl instead of the USC game.

He has to be coming back or they wouldn’t have requested the additional year in the first place.
possible, but Iowa also knows how long it takes the NCAA to move on this type of thing. They want to know if they need to target LBs in the portal should he leave.

Eickholt just posted that no current CBs have a 1st round grade. Can't say I like that new for Cooper, but as a hawk fan I welcome it.

Eickholt just posted that no current CBs have a 1st round grade. Can't say I like that new for Cooper, but as a hawk fan I welcome it.
Most NFL Teams do not like spending 1sts on Safeties , I think He could be a very good corner but the NFL just like the NBA has biases and He is coming off an injury .

I think Solar was referring to me saying I like the '09 team as one of the best. I think he meant GA Tech was favorable not USC

Reactions: pink shizzle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT