ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten returning points

Valholl

HR MVP
Jan 20, 2013
Just looking at what Iowa and PSU has coming back next year.
Iowa needs to fill 3 spots and PSU has 2 spots to fill
197 seems to be kind of an important weight.

Points Per Individual
125 TBD
Real Woods (Iowa)21
Patrick Kennedy (Iowa)17
149 TBD
Tony Cassioppi (Iowa)16.5
197 TBD
Nelson Brands (Iowa)9
Cobe Siebrecht (Iowa)8.5
Abe Assad (Iowa)7.5
Brody Teske (Iowa)5.5
Average 12.14
Total85
Aaron Brooks (Penn State)22.5
Carter Starocci (Penn State)20
133 TBD
Levi Haines (Penn State)19
Shayne Van Ness (Penn State)16.5
Greg Kerkvliet (Penn State)16
Alex Facundo (Penn State)5.5
Gary Steen (Penn State)0
197 TDB10
Beau Bartlett (Penn State)12.5
Average 13.56
Total122

Points Per Individual
125 TBD
Real Woods (Iowa)21
Patrick Kennedy (Iowa)17
149 TBD
197 TBD
Nelson Brands (Iowa)9
Cobe Siebrecht (Iowa)8.5
Abe Assad (Iowa)7.5
Brody Teske (Iowa)5.5
Average 12.14
Total85
133 TBD
Gary Steen (Penn State)0
197 TDB10
Average 13.56
Total122

That's a big gap and they won't be getting a goose egg at 125 again.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
That's a big gap and they won't be getting a goose egg at 125 again.
Absolutely and hopefully Iowa shows improvement as well. Depending on what you think Iowa can get at 125 and 149 next year, again, 197 could be huge. It is a big gap for sure, perhaps not quite the gap we've seen in the past.

Points Per Individual
125 TBD
Real Woods (Iowa)21
Patrick Kennedy (Iowa)17
149 TBD
197 TBD
Nelson Brands (Iowa)9
Cobe Siebrecht (Iowa)8.5
Abe Assad (Iowa)7.5
Brody Teske (Iowa)5.5
Average12.14
Total85
133 TBD
Gary Steen (Penn State)0
197 TDB10
Average13.56
Total122
Teske will bring in more than 5.5 pts next year......

Reactions: xjohnx
Just stop it with the steroid facts.
not-a-chance-no-way.gif

;)

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Many may see the cup as 1/2 empty. Others may see it as 1/2 full. I also think that a bunch may be too drunk and knock the cup over onto the floor!

I see this and I am actually a bit more optimistic then I was!!! 37 points to "make up" and we have Drake stepping in at 125 and Chittum at 149. That very well could be MORE then the 37 right there. F*** st also appears to have less room to improve at more weight classes then IOWA.

I believe Teske, Assad and even Brands being banged up, may have hurt them a little and they all can make a jump next season!

Once again, 197 becomes HUGE!!! Some possible hints given in another thread of someone to watch.

Many may see the cup as 1/2 empty. Others may see it as 1/2 full. I also think that a bunch may be too drunk and knock the cup over onto the floor!

I see this and I am actually a bit more optimistic then I was!!! 37 points to "make up" and we have Drake stepping in at 125 and Chittum at 149. That very well could be MORE then the 37 right there. F*** st also appears to have less room to improve at more weight classes then IOWA.

I believe Teske, Assad and even Brands being banged up, may have hurt them a little and they all can make a jump next season!

Once again, 197 becomes HUGE!!! Some possible hints given in another thread of someone to watch.
Can you tell us some of those hints or just tell us

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
I went to the official PSU wrestling site. Those with a "Sr.+" are those that are seniors and have used their covid year. There is not that symbol next to Dean's name. There is simply a "Sr." Thus, are we sure he is done this year?

Happy Valley has given most everybody the blueprint in today's wrestling world. Recruit hammers and don't have them make big cuts. Let them eat and get stronger and move up weights and it has worked out great for them. Not that Iowa is cutting at a bunch of weights, but they (PSU) don't worry about guys holding weights for their careers as they keep recruiting studs at weights already occupied by current studs and just keep moving guys up. Strength and size are never an issue. I think this helps for HEW and injury as well. I don't think the big cuts are the way to go at all anymore. Okie St. has struggled lately and are example #1.

I think we see both brooks and starocci up a weight next year. Got that from someone with some connections to PSU.
Both kinda short, but brooks at 197 would be a disaster I believe because he might be shorter then Dizzy Dean? They both would need to go on the great Crailures special size gaining program too. Then the wanna be bandwagon F*** st fans would explain to us all once again how a kid was a certain weight for 4 years and then had a big growth spurt in his 20's!

Reactions: Big Pip
Both kinda short, but brooks at 197 would be a disaster I believe because he might be shorter then Dizzy Dean? They both would need to go on the great Crailures special size gaining program too. Then the wanna be bandwagon F*** st fans would explain to us all once again how a kid was a certain weight for 4 years and then had a big growth spurt in his 20's!
seek help

Did you eat paint chips as a child?

he might be shorter then Dizzy Dean?
Now that's a throw back reference.

If Dizzy Dean had been a little shorter he might not have been hit in the head by that comebacker in the 1937 All Star game.

FYI - Dizzy Dean was 6'2".

Also, that's not a real saying.

Maybe Freddie Patek.

• Haha
Brooks is easily the most talented/skilled/technical guy in all of 184 or 197. He'll have no problem winning 197 next year. See: Nickal - bumping from 184 to 197. Will be interesting to see how the 157-197 unfold for them next year. If Haines can't make 157 next year, I'd rather have him at 165 than Facundo if I were a PSU fan. Maybe Facundo battles for that spot or tries for 174 against Barr if Starocci and Brooks both move up.

Reactions: jayridescarbon
Brooks is easily the most talented/skilled/technical guy in all of 184 or 197. He'll have no problem winning 197 next year. See: Nickal - bumping from 184 to 197. Will be interesting to see how the 157-197 unfold for them next year. If Haines can't make 157 next year, I'd rather have him at 165 than Facundo if I were a PSU fan. Maybe Facundo battles for that spot or tries for 174 against Barr if Starocci and Brooks both move up.
Brooks is skilled but NO WHERE near BoKnowsNuttin! He is not as tall either and I would bet a good amount against him 1) moving up and 2) winning it!

PLEASE- everyone get off the Hientz Ketchup kid!!! A) and most importantly-he should have lost the match had it been officiated fairly which it was not!!! B) the weight class is weak. c) He is the NEW F*** st wrestler to a T. Stand around stalling your ass off knowing full well the REFs won't call shit on the kitties. Then try and steal it in the end!

Now watch the brain dead bandwagon dumb asses chime in again!!! WAIT- before you do, lets just use FACTS!!!

4 returning national champions
Something like 6-7 number 1 or 2 seeds.

Now lets look at BONUS wins. I'll wait whilst you think of something stupid to say!

Brooks is skilled but NO WHERE near BoKnowsNuttin! He is not as tall either and I would bet a good amount against him 1) moving up and 2) winning it!

PLEASE- everyone get off the Hientz Ketchup kid!!! A) and most importantly-he should have lost the match had it been officiated fairly which it was not!!! B) the weight class is weak. c) He is the NEW F*** st wrestler to a T. Stand around stalling your ass off knowing full well the REFs won't call shit on the kitties. Then try and steal it in the end!

Now watch the brain dead bandwagon dumb asses chime in again!!! WAIT- before you do, lets just use FACTS!!!

Now lets look at BONUS wins. I'll wait whilst you think of something stupid to say!
You say a lot of stupid shit but saying that Haines stands around and stalls all match is one of the dumbest. It shows you don’t actually watch him wrestle or don’t know anything about the sport. Neither one would surprise me

^^^^ Look everyone, DORKS!!!!

So 157 is weak, that’s not saying much for COBE is it…..I gotta ask, Are you Jimmy Cinnabon? Oh I bet you are🤣

I agree. Problem is that we have to be healthy to improve and that is something we have had a lot of trouble with lately. I am really starting to see how much fresher the rest of the BIG Ten are. At what point do we not see this. I love Tom and Terry but man we might need to make some small adjustments more than anything else we do.

You say a lot of stupid shit but saying that Haines stands around and stalls all match is one of the dumbest. It shows you don’t actually watch him wrestle or don’t know anything about the sport. Neither one would surprise me
Why don't you post all his matches against ranked wrestlers wise guy and we will see who is correct. I watched him clearly lose in the finals and by some once again very odd coincidence, it went to SV. Lets count how many shots he took in that match shall we!
So 157 is weak, that’s not saying much for COBE is it…..I gotta ask, Are you Jimmy Cinnabon? Oh I bet you are🤣
Well at least you have the right name Taco! Un like what you think when you wrote this crap! COBE helps prove my point you idiot. He is having a great year, but was not a top level recruit! There are probable a doze guys at 165 who if they could get to 157 would win the class!

Braeden Davis is the 125 for PSU next year. Howard's wrestling career is over unfortunately...injury prone kid.
Correct on Davis and he’s the real deal. The empty cupboard at 25 will be filled for at least 4 years. Just another partial scholarship for a kid who could full boat elsewhere. No worries tho, the NLWC billionaire will cover those loans upon graduation.

Why don't you post all his matches against ranked wrestlers wise guy and we will see who is correct. I watched him clearly lose in the finals and by some once again very odd coincidence, it went to SV. Lets count how many shots he took in that match shall we!

Well at least you have the right name Taco! Un like what you think when you wrote this crap! COBE helps prove my point you idiot. He is having a great year, but was not a top level recruit! There are probable a doze guys at 165 who if they could get to 157 would win the class!
He took more shots than Robb did

Well at least you have the right name Taco! Un like what you think when you wrote this crap! COBE helps prove my point you idiot. He is having a great year, but was not a top level recruit! There are probable a doze guys at 165 who if they could get to 157 would win the

I will say you definitely have an unhealthy obsession with hating everyone and everything with psu wrestling… this is due to the fact that they have taken over college wrestling, something that Iowa once had……simply put this is a case of you hate us cause you ain’t us……doctors may wanna study you……it’s funny here when even your own fan base talks smack about you……at what point do you accept that you have some serious mental issue……I’m not asking you to stop ironturd, your post are definitely entertaining……but damn you are out there…..you kind of make Biden look normal

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT