ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten returning points

I will say you definitely have an unhealthy obsession with hating everyone and everything with psu wrestling… this is due to the fact that they have taken over college wrestling, something that Iowa once had……simply put this is a case of you hate us cause you ain’t us……doctors may wanna study you……it’s funny here when even your own fan base talks smack about you……at what point do you accept that you have some serious mental issue……I’m not asking you to stop ironturd, your post are definitely entertaining……but damn you are out there…..you kind of make Biden look normal
Says taco bell(yet another name for one of the same asses) on an IOWA board!??!?! Here is an idea, stay on your own POS board!!! The only good thing you ever said was about the cockroach in office I will give you that.

He was posting the same thing about spencer over on their board lol
He said Spencer was done on this board! Then when he wrestled at the ISU dual people called him out and he was like "my point stands, that wasn't the real Spencer."

Then Spencer went on to pin almost everybody in the top ten and we haven't heard from that clown about it again.

Both kinda short, but brooks at 197 would be a disaster I believe because he might be shorter then Dizzy Dean? They both would need to go on the great Crailures special size gaining program too. Then the wanna be bandwagon F*** st fans would explain to us all once again how a kid was a certain weight for 4 years and then had a big growth spurt in his 20's!
I am happy that your fellow hawks are setting you straight on this. But, for example, it’s pretty easy for wrestlers to gain weight and strength when they focus on less cardio and more weights and a more carb-heavy and red meat diet. your football program does this every offseason with plenty of young men in their 20s

I am happy that your fellow hawks are setting you straight on this. But, for example, it’s pretty easy for wrestlers to gain weight and strength when they focus on less cardio and more weights and a more carb-heavy and red meat diet. your football program does this every offseason with plenty of young men in their 20s
CLOWN, your BS and changing names is getting kinda old! " fellow hawks setting me straight???" You are an idiot! I have no problem debating with any Fellow HAWK fan. Once more if they disagree with me, that is their right, and most of the time we discuss it like men.

It is you wanna bees who are really a clueless bunch of jerk offs that have no knowledge and bring nothing to the board that I have no patience for!

If someone from the F*** st base wanted to debate what I said and brought some facts to the table for example, I would love to hear them. Maybe Brooks is 6" 1' and I just think he is real short? I will add, I hope that he and starfish both do move up. Would help us a lot I believe.

The rest of what you wrote is just complete crap! I must assume you know this?

CLOWN, your BS and changing names is getting kinda old! " fellow hawks setting me straight???" You are an idiot! I have no problem debating with any Fellow HAWK fan. Once more if they disagree with me, that is their right, and most of the time we discuss it like men.

It is you wanna bees who are really a clueless bunch of jerk offs that have no knowledge and bring nothing to the board that I have no patience for!

If someone from the F*** st base wanted to debate what I said and brought some facts to the table for example, I would love to hear them. Maybe Brooks is 6" 1' and I just think he is real short? I will add, I hope that he and starfish both do move up. Would help us a lot I believe.

The rest of what you wrote is just complete crap! I must assume you know this?
It was extremely easy for me to add weight and move up weight classes from 18 - 25. All I had to do was lift and eat. I was cross striations on my quads , sharp abs lean at 19 and 132 lbs.
Similar at 24 and 148. If I knew then what I knew now I could’ve weighed up to 181 rather easily back then. I was a student and working , I didn’t have a trainer, nutritionist , and a training table.
Going up one weight class and being a solid 197 would be a cake walk for Brooks.

It was extremely easy for me to add weight and move up weight classes from 18 - 25. All I had to do was lift and eat. I was cross striations on my quads , sharp abs lean at 19 and 132 lbs.
Similar at 24 and 148. If I knew then what I knew now I could’ve weighed up to 181 rather easily back then. I was a student and working , I didn’t have a trainer, nutritionist , and a training table.
Going up one weight class and being a solid 197 would be a cake walk for Brooks.
I am probably the biggest proponent of lifting, getting bigger and stronger and moving up weight classes as you will ever find. That being said, I do not believe what you are comparing with your experience is similar. For one, You seem to be like me when it comes to weight training. I was lifting hard and steady since at least 9th grade.

.While Brooks is certainly no weakling, he does not appear to be as dedicated to lifting as maybe we were? Regardless, once again, he does not seem to have the height and the frame to move up. There is also much more wrestling training year round that I am guessing you and I never did like these guys. You add it all up, and without some extra help, he is not going 197!!!

You are not talking about going from 133 to 141, many of the 197 walk around 215 or more. These are BIG men, LB type, usually 6 foot or better in height. It is rare that shorter guys can have great success here. Dizzy dean has been an exception, but even he is having his problems.

Again, please tell the great Crailure of the plan you people have come up with!!! I hope that they do it although I will bet they do not!

I am probably the biggest proponent of lifting, getting bigger and stronger and moving up weight classes as you will ever find. That being said, I do not believe what you are comparing with your experience is similar. For one, You seem to be like me when it comes to weight training. I was lifting hard and steady since at least 9th grade.

.While Brooks is certainly no weakling, he does not appear to be as dedicated to lifting as maybe we were? Regardless, once again, he does not seem to have the height and the frame to move up. There is also much more wrestling training year round that I am guessing you and I never did like these guys. You add it all up, and without some extra help, he is not going 197!!!

You are not talking about going from 133 to 141, many of the 197 walk around 215 or more. These are BIG men, LB type, usually 6 foot or better in height. It is rare that shorter guys can have great success here. Dizzy dean has been an exception, but even he is having his problems.

Again, please tell the great Crailure of the plan you people have come up with!!! I hope that they do it although I will bet they do not!
Styles make matchups. I would actually be more concerned with Starocci maintaining his level of success at 184 than Brooks at 197. As long as Ferrari doesn't come back, much like Amine when he went 197, Brooks is simply too talented for that field. He would most likely have difficulty riding as effectively, but he would still be too much for the field on his feet.

Meanwhile, Starocci relies heavily on his leach like riding at 174. Guys like Hidlay and Keckeisen are BRUTES. I don't see him being able to ride those guys nearly as effectively. Now, the key would be, can they break through his defense?

With that said, their bonus points almost certainly go down, but I would still expect Brooks to win a field sans Ferrari. I would also expect Starocci to be a solid top 4 who could still win it all. Sadly, I don't think they lose all that much if they go up. Especially if it makes room for guys that would score more at 157 and 165 than whoever they would have plugged in at 197...

Reactions: kjb32812
Styles make matchups. I would actually be more concerned with Starocci maintaining his level of success at 184 than Brooks at 197. As long as Ferrari doesn't come back, much like Amine when he went 197, Brooks is simply too talented for that field. He would most likely have difficulty riding as effectively, but he would still be too much for the field on his feet.

Meanwhile, Starocci relies heavily on his leach like riding at 174. Guys like Hidlay and Keckeisen are BRUTES. I don't see him being able to ride those guys nearly as effectively. Now, the key would be, can they break through his defense?

With that said, their bonus points almost certainly go down, but I would still expect Brooks to win a field sans Ferrari. I would also expect Starocci to be a solid top 4 who could still win it all. Sadly, I don't think they lose all that much if they go up. Especially if it makes room for guys that would score more at 157 and 165 than whoever they would have plugged in at 197...
I've forgotten

Did you compete?

I love Iron Bird's Fire and enthusiasm today !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do admit some of these trolls just irritate the P. State outta me but I understand that they build their life around trolling other teams message boards and being A$$holes... they invented wrestling , they have the greatest coaches in the world, they don't buy recruits because they just want to be at P State because its so much fun and nobody is ever unhappy in the Happy Valley. I used to argue with some local jackass about P.State wrestling and he wanted to insult me, my family and everything that I was associated with....then I went and did an actual search and found out volumes about the Convenience store assistant Manager who looked like he was Sandusky's Towel boy and acted like he was Spartacus... yet in real life he cleaned up spilled drinks and served roller dogs for a living. It was then and there i decided to ignore most of these Keyboard warriors and focus on enjoying the Iowa fans that are here to enjoy our team and support the Hawkeyes.

I would have to ask you. How do you think brooks does wrestling dean? My guess is it would be some battle that I might lean towards dean just because of the size difference. Now take a "real" 197 like Beard for example. I would guess that would be a very difficult matchup for brooks. Forget about if we or anyone else gets AJ!!!

starfish I believe you are correct. I think he is very strong at 174 and would lose some of that advantage I would add. They already have their guys at 157 and 165, unless they plan on moving them up too? Otherwise they would need to fill 174.

I love Iron Bird's Fire and enthusiasm today !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do admit some of these trolls just irritate the P. State outta me but I understand that they build their life around trolling other teams message boards and being A$$holes... they invented wrestling , they have the greatest coaches in the world, they don't buy recruits because they just want to be at P State because its so much fun and nobody is ever unhappy in the Happy Valley. I used to argue with some local jackass about P.State wrestling and he wanted to insult me, my family and everything that I was associated with....then I went and did an actual search and found out volumes about the Convenience store assistant Manager who looked like he was Sandusky's Towel boy and acted like he was Spartacus... yet in real life he cleaned up spilled drinks and served roller dogs for a living. It was then and there i decided to ignore most of these Keyboard warriors and focus on enjoying the Iowa fans that are here to enjoy our team and support the Hawkeyes.
Hahaha, you made me LOL! Yea I get you and I will say you are a better man then me! These punk ass dweebs I am guessing might actually go to F*** st??? That is how they can keep creating different accounts maybe? I just hope it is not actual F*** st wrestlers!!!!

I will just keep holding court and put them back in mommies basement till they are all gone which will be real soon as IOWA is going to be kicking their asses again!!!

WHEN DO BRACKETS COME OUT?

Hahaha, you made me LOL! Yea I get you and I will say you are a better man then me! These punk ass dweebs I am guessing might actually go to F*** st??? That is how they can keep creating different accounts maybe? I just hope it is not actual F*** st wrestlers!!!!

I will just keep holding court and put them back in mommies basement till they are all gone which will be real soon as IOWA is going to be kicking their asses again!!!

WHEN DO BRACKETS COME OUT?
I do know if your drive by State College or buy yourself a T shirt or Hoodie from the Dollar General store that says American Fighter or Afflicted or P3NN $tate then you are AUTOMATICALLY a genuine Bad ass !!! and buying any Dollar General PSU Merchandise allows you to scream " We Are" whenever you want. Half the dummies that attend the BJC matches who buy up all the extra tickets cant spell PSU let alone attend classes there. I wish them well but really wish they would go to their own teams message boards and quit their bitching

• Haha
Reactions: IRONBIRD
I would have to ask you. How do you think brooks does wrestling dean? My guess is it would be some battle that I might lean towards dean just because of the size difference. Now take a "real" 197 like Beard for example. I would guess that would be a very difficult matchup for brooks. Forget about if we or anyone else gets AJ!!!

starfish I believe you are correct. I think he is very strong at 174 and would lose some of that advantage I would add. They already have their guys at 157 and 165, unless they plan on moving them up too? Otherwise they would need to fill 174.
Honestly, I think Brooks probably beats Dean. He is a much more well rounded wrestler with a great gas tank. Now, if he had to weight in at 184 and wrestle Dean right after with him at 197, that would maybe slightly favor Dean, but I don't think there is an inherent size difference between the 2 in a normal setting...

Sorry, your're dead wrong. I did it easily and had no coaches, trainers, or someone feeding me. My kid had the benefit of Josh Bryant coaching him, I personally know Josh btw. I had pretty good genetics for lifting, but not the best.
People don't get the advantages D1 athletes have. I joke yet about having the staff fix me up a seafood salad and getting a massage until my wife reminds me we don't have staff, go make yourself a sandwich and call your massage therapist or chiropractor.
And at 5'7' I went from a ripped 132 to 148, 140-170 from 18-24, after that I softened up and easily went up to 205 over years. It's great when you don't have to cut or maintain a certain weight. Brooks could easily go up to 197, hell Nickal did it and Dake went up 3 classes.

Sorry, your're dead wrong. I did it easily and had no coaches, trainers, or someone feeding me. My kid had the benefit of Josh Bryant coaching him, I personally know Josh btw. I had pretty good genetics for lifting, but not the best.
People don't get the advantages D1 athletes have. I joke yet about having the staff fix me up a seafood salad and getting a massage until my wife reminds me we don't have staff, go make yourself a sandwich and call your massage therapist or chiropractor.
And at 5'7' I went from a ripped 132 to 148, 140-170 from 18-24, after that I softened up and easily went up to 205 over years. It's great when you don't have to cut or maintain a certain weight. Brooks could easily go up to 197, hell Nickal did it and Dake went up 3 classes.
Bo Nickal is 6'1", not a fair comparison. Dake did his changes over multiple years, where his body just naturally grew. Neither are fair comparisons.

Now, with that said, I do think Brooks is good enough to still do very well at 197, but he doesn't have a body type that "easily" goes up to 197...

Bo Nickal is 6'1", not a fair comparison. Dake did his changes over multiple years, where his body just naturally grew. Neither are fair comparisons.

Now, with that said, I do think Brooks is good enough to still do very well at 197, but he doesn't have a body type that "easily" goes up to 197...
I get it but disagree, at that age it's easy to move up. the tough thing is being disciplined to eat and eat healthy. A lifter that was loosely associated with westside barbell club, JM Blakely would take his weight up and down dramatically. He was a master of losing and gaining and yes, he did have pharmaceutical help.
But if you gave me a staff at age 22 when I was a very lean 148 ( the lifting class was 148 3/4 so you could say 149 if you want to compare to wrestling weights) I could've easily moved to 174 or 184. Buy and cook my food, train me, and take care of me like it's my job?
That would be eazy peazy.

I get it but disagree, at that age it's easy to move up. the tough thing is being disciplined to eat and eat healthy. A lifter that was loosely associated with westside barbell club, JM Blakely would take his weight up and down dramatically. He was a master of losing and gaining and yes, he did have pharmaceutical help.
But if you gave me a staff at age 22 when I was a very lean 148 ( the lifting class was 148 3/4 so you could say 149 if you want to compare to wrestling weights) I could've easily moved to 174 or 184. Buy and cook my food, train me, and take care of me like it's my job?
There is a big difference between gaining 13 lbs lifting and eating and gaining 13 "wrestling" lbs. This is VERY IMPORTANT since these things can drastically effect your gas tank, flexibility and overall movement. Even David Taylor's gas tank was effected when he first went up in freestyle and he had one of the best tanks I have ever seen...

You are not talking about the same thing. at 5' 7' 132, you have a ton to grow, especially if you have just a medium size frame. Brooks as pointed out above, is NOT BoKnowsNuttin who has a much larger frame.

Dake had a late growth spurt which is unusual. I was 5" 8' and wrestled 2 years at 158 and 2 at 167. I lifted from season end till start of season 6 days a week! However, I did not wrestle nearly enough in the off season! I am sure that these D1 kids at the top schools are wrestling/practicing year round with at least several days of mat time every week.

While there is no doubt kids can move up, you only need to take a look at the 197 weight class since its inception to see it is very different. How many kids have moved up? Matter of fact, miraculously, good ol F*** st I will bet is the ONLY school to have wrestlers move up not only at 197, but also heavy and WIN it!!! I will even bet not ONE other school has had wrestlers move up and AA!!!

Again, isn't that great Crailure so very darn special!!!! Just WOW how he invented that too.

Reactions: Big Pip
DUDE, JM Blakely !?!??! Westside!??!?! Do you know what those guys are taking???? I do have to ask how old are you? I am 57 and started Powerlifting in 1990. Trained at Dr. Ken's Iron Island gym. I was just outa college, and a drug free novice. I got to see some of the best at the time lift.

At 181 I was SQ 500+ Bench mid 300's and dead 550+ loose single ply. Not bad. Those on the SH*T- 800+ SQ, 500+ bench 750+ dead!!! As far as cutting weight, have you ever read Dr. Judd's books? He tells a story about a guy who was dramatically over weight. They inject him with something, Judd thinks he is dying, runs to get the coach. Coaches says do not worry he is fine. They carry him to the scale, he makes the weight. Judd figures it will not matter he can not lift!!!

They inject him again, he turns back into superman and wins!!! There is a reason PEDs are illegal!

Also as MSU pointed out correctly. Putting on weight is one thing. It is the ability to put on enough quality weight and keep it while training everyday to wrestle. Now F*** st has had their "puff dads" before. You had the macintosh apple kid, farmer brown, the miracle 197 to heavy. Brooks would have to join that groups training program!!!

Reactions: Big Pip
DUDE, JM Blakely !?!??! Westside!??!?! Do you know what those guys are taking???? I do have to ask how old are you? I am 57 and started Powerlifting in 1990. Trained at Dr. Ken's Iron Island gym. I was just outa college, and a drug free novice. I got to see some of the best at the time lift.

At 181 I was SQ 500+ Bench mid 300's and dead 550+ loose single ply. Not bad. Those on the SH*T- 800+ SQ, 500+ bench 750+ dead!!! As far as cutting weight, have you ever read Dr. Judd's books? He tells a story about a guy who was dramatically over weight. They inject him with something, Judd thinks he is dying, runs to get the coach. Coaches says do not worry he is fine. They carry him to the scale, he makes the weight. Judd figures it will not matter he can not lift!!!

They inject him again, he turns back into superman and wins!!! There is a reason PEDs are illegal!

Also as MSU pointed out correctly. Putting on weight is one thing. It is the ability to put on enough quality weight and keep it while training everyday to wrestle. Now F*** st has had their "puff dads" before. You had the macintosh apple kid, farmer brown, the miracle 197 to heavy. Brooks would have to join that groups training program!!!
I'm very familiar with him and I'd take what he said with a huge grain of salt. But still, I have gone into meets that had 24 hour weigh ins. Now for me and my shoulders I'm limited to deadlifts only. So depending on flight size I might be lifting 28-32 hours later. I'd weigh around 205-210, cut down to 202-205 easily, then do a water cut. I'd easily make weight following a lower carb diet for 4-5 days with the last day being just sipping water after a light lunch.
I'd weigh in Friday at 9 am, and head to the diner and eat close to everything. I'd be 205 the next am. And just to clarify my water cut wasn't some diuretic , it was drinking 3 gallons of distilled water per day Monday-Wednesday. The discipline needed to do that was pretty hard. You hated looking at water by Wednesday night.
Not all feds are 24 hour weigh ins btw. But again if we are talking about an elite athlete who looks pretty strong already and they have a team training them, feeding them, and helping them recover, adding 15 lbs or so of solid weight is easy. Most of us don't have the time and money to do this stuff. My friends who do it for a living charge big bucks for nutrition plans and training plans and that doesn't include medical staff to help take care of your aches and pains and help you recover.
Brooks is in another world with advantages compared to us. We'd have to pay 10s of thousands as some powerlifter to get the same advantages he has right now.

BTW, I turn 60 this year. I went into my first lifting meet in the early 80s, finished 3rd in a teenage state USPF meet at 132, I won the next year. I lifted through college until 1985, then hit a meet when I lived in Iowa in 1988. I was USPF and ADFPA until I started up again in the early 2000s. Then I lifted in meets that were nearby, IPA, RPS, it depended on when and how close to home. It's a niche sport, I wasn't going to spend a lot of money traveling.
Over a period of time I got to know many of the Westside crew, including Dave Tate and Jim Wendler and others associated with elite fts. I've been dialing it back due to age and little injuries the last few years. No matter how well I take care of myself, the small stuff happens and starts to add up.

What they were taking? Everything most likely lolol. And it wasn't always PEDS, like Matt Dimel for example. Louie was one of the best guys I knew in lifting, you could call him and talk to him about lifting which I did many times. Him and Amy Weisberger were tutoring my son on deadlifts at Westside during the Arnold Classic weekend back in or around 2006. They got him up to 195 at a bw of app 65 lbs at age 11.
If you were polite and willing to learn, Louie would help anyone. Believe it or not I had one or two long conversations with Chuck Vogelpuhl. Once at the Arnold Classic where I said, " nice lifting today Chuck". He responded with thanks man or with my name. another time at a IPA meet he asked me what the score of the OSU meet was. If you're familiar with chuck, those are like long conversations lol.

BTW, I turn 60 this year. I went into my first lifting meet in the early 80s, finished 3rd in a teenage state USPF meet at 132, I won the next year. I lifted through college until 1985, then hit a meet when I lived in Iowa in 1988. I was USPF and ADFPA until I started up again in the early 2000s. Then I lifted in meets that were nearby, IPA, RPS, it depended on when and how close to home. It's a niche sport, I wasn't going to spend a lot of money traveling.
Over a period of time I got to know many of the Westside crew, including Dave Tate and Jim Wendler and others associated with elite fts. I've been dialing it back due to age and little injuries the last few years. No matter how well I take care of myself, the small stuff happens and starts to add up.
You two don’t be jealous but here is a little video of me at my only bodybuilding competition. Get some!

What they were taking? Everything most likely lolol. And it wasn't always PEDS, like Matt Dimel for example. Louie was one of the best guys I knew in lifting, you could call him and talk to him about lifting which I did many times. Him and Amy Weisberger were tutoring my son on deadlifts at Westside during the Arnold Classic weekend back in or around 2006. They got him up to 195 at a bw of app 65 lbs at age 11.
If you were polite and willing to learn, Louie would help anyone. Believe it or not I had one or two long conversations with Chuck Vogelpuhl. Once at the Arnold Classic where I said, " nice lifting today Chuck". He responded with thanks man or with my name. another time at a IPA meet he asked me what the score of the OSU meet was. If you're familiar with chuck, those are like long conversations lol.
You have rubbed shoulders with some of the best!!! Josh Bryant I follow. Very knowledgeable guy, you are lucky to have that resource. Louie was one of a kind for sure. I called him out of the blue one time, my shoulders were killing me after squatting. He told me many lifters at WS at the time used a bent bar. So I bent a bar and used it ever since!

I would be afraid to say anything to chuck at a PL meet, you must be a little nuts!!! Westside vs the world was awesome!!! I hope someone, somehow continues on even though louie said. "when he dies, WS dies."

Reactions: bourbon n blues
You have rubbed shoulders with some of the best!!! Josh Bryant I follow. Very knowledgeable guy, you are lucky to have that resource. Louie was one of a kind for sure. I called him out of the blue one time, my shoulders were killing me after squatting. He told me many lifters at WS at the time used a bent bar. So I bent a bar and used it ever since!

I would be afraid to say anything to chuck at a PL meet, you must be a little nuts!!! Westside vs the world was awesome!!! I hope someone, somehow continues on even though louie said. "when he dies, WS dies."
Yep, you have been around, you have to do your time and get to know them. They're regular people, just strong, maybe crazy. Josh is a great resource .
And btw, I can't use a straight bar either, it happens.

Happy Valley has given most everybody the blueprint in today's wrestling world. Recruit hammers and don't have them make big cuts. Let them eat and get stronger and move up weights and it has worked out great for them. Not that Iowa is cutting at a bunch of weights, but they (PSU) don't worry about guys holding weights for their careers as they keep recruiting studs at weights already occupied by current studs and just keep moving guys up. Strength and size are never an issue. I think this helps for HEW and injury as well. I don't think the big cuts are the way to go at all anymore. Okie St. has struggled lately and are example #1.

I think the blueprint is moreso to recruit and land the top p4p guys and then fill holes with returning AAs transferring in from other schools. The difference between PSU and other programs has zilch to do with weight cutting.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Happy Valley has given most everybody the blueprint in today's wrestling world. Recruit hammers and don't have them make big cuts. Let them eat and get stronger and move up weights and it has worked out great for them. Not that Iowa is cutting at a bunch of weights, but they (PSU) don't worry about guys holding weights for their careers as they keep recruiting studs at weights already occupied by current studs and just keep moving guys up. Strength and size are never an issue. I think this helps for HEW and injury as well. I don't think the big cuts are the way to go at all anymore. Okie St. has struggled lately and are example #1.
Also, there is no way Haines isn't making a big cut.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT