ADVERTISEMENT

***Big Ten Tournament Session One Thread***

Drake just seems to lack strength, and maybe that aggressive mindset.
He used to be aggressive. His nickname was no brakes drake. He’s gotta get back to what made him special and fire off attacks. Not a fan of this version of drake. I know he can be better but he allows his opponents to slow him down and he turns into a defensive wrestler. That’s not his wheelhouse.

So what exactly was illegal from Barnett? I can see PD, but how do they get an illegal move? The PSU kid is the one who allowed his arm to get put back like that by pulling it away from his body...why punish the Wisky wrestler?

• Haha
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
And now DeAugustino will continue to be the cocky piece of sh** heel (pro wrestling term) by gifting another win to a Penn State wrestler so they can get to the Finals.

Awesome stuff.

Reactions: redghost1974
What position does DA actually excel at? I've yet to see a signature move to win.
Nothing now really. Lefty single, slide by and super high pace is all he had. Can't hit the single now, slide by only works a lot in high-school and his pace is like a snail now.

Reactions: redghost1974
He used to be aggressive. His nickname was n brakes drake. He’s gotta get back to what made him special and fire off attacks. Not a fan of this version of drake. I know he can be better but he allows his opponents to slow him down and he turns into a defensive wrestler. That’s not his wheelhouse.
With his skillset, he should be a volume attacker. In-out, in-out always threatening a leg like he used to. Now he just wants to sit on that knee all match.

Ayala wrestled D’Augustino’s match. Let him hang around just like last time. Drakes gonna have a high seed at Nationals.
Seeding at ncaas aren’t gonna mean much. Those first round matches at 125 may be just as difficult as the next. Drakes just gonna have to find something in next few weeks and take what he says is his

Reactions: MilleGinja
This! He doesn’t get tired. His lungs are crazy. He’s gotta go and go early! Even if it means giving up a couple. He doesn’t make anyone work. Extremely frustrating.
Ironside is a prime example of what Drake could be. He’d give up a few but he always scored later. If you’re offensive for 7 freaking minutes you can give up one or two takedowns.

Drake should wrestle for 7 minutes the way Brody wrestled against Bouzakis. Do that and he wins…a lot more.

With his skillset, he should be a volume attacker. In-out, in-out always threatening a leg like he used to. Now he just wants to sit on that knee all match.
If he used being on that knee for offense, I wouldn't mind it, but all he does is hold center defensively trying to force an error. It's a big reason why he leaves the 1st period with no points. Waste of time, if I was an opponent I'd club the shit out of his head to draw him out of it.

Reactions: 1Hammers1
Ironside is a prime example of what Drake could be. He’d give up a few but he always scored later. If you’re offensive for 7 freaking minutes you can give up one or two takedowns.

Drake should wrestle for 7 minutes the way Brody wrestled against Bouzakis. Do that and he wins…a lot more.
Desanto style comes to mind. He wasn’t the most gifted skills set but he mentally won so many matches. Wish Drake pushed it as hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT