ADVERTISEMENT

Chittum to ISU

Hard to see this as anything but a massive screw up. Invite a ticking time bomb in the room and there will be ripple effects

Reactions: CesspoolHawk
Get ready for the longest thread in the history of this wrestling forum.

jason-momoa-chair.gif

popcorn-watching-tv.gif

There is smoke that Swiderski may leave but didn't he miss his opening with the portal? If he stays, either him or Paniro are the odd man out as Swiderski isn't making 141 again.

According to a few Clone friends of mine, Swiderski is quite the knucklehead. Booted from his apartment for setting off fireworks inside of it, wrecked his truck, wrecked a teammates truck he borrowed.

If Swiderski stays he's redshirting next year but it still doesn't solve the Johnson, Swiderski, Chittum situation as none of those guys are small enough for 141 or big enough for 165.

There is smoke that Swiderski may leave but didn't he miss his opening with the portal? If he stays, either him or Paniro are the odd man out as Swiderski isn't making 141 again.

According to a few Clone friends of mine, Swiderski is quite the knucklehead. Booted from his apartment for setting off fireworks inside of it, wrecked his truck, wrecked a teammates truck he borrowed.

If Swiderski stays he's redshirting next year but it still doesn't solve the Johnson, Swiderski, Chittum situation as none of those guys are small enough for 141 or big enough for 165.
This is EXACTLY what I thought of when someone tagged me about the move to Ames.

Maybe not a conflict next season, but all three guys have at least three years of eligibility left.

Swiderski is overrated, tho, imo.

Reactions: DirkTang1
FWIW, Leistikow from the DM Register is saying that Chittum had a run in with one of the Ferrari brothers (I assume Anthony?) and that he didn’t want to wrestle with them. That seems like the most logical reason for all of this.
If true, Chittum seems like a guy that needs a pacifier.
Clone fans claim they can't compete in NIL, so this is nothing but a perceived dig at TnT from the Chittum camp.

Last edited:
FWIW, Leistikow from the DM Register is saying that Chittum had a run in with one of the Ferrari brothers (I assume Anthony?) and that he didn’t want to wrestle with them. That seems like the most logical reason for all of this.
Its starting to seem as if he and Dad don't like competition in the room... going back to his Gopher commitment.....

Let's not forget we also received a transfer from 3x CA champ Miguel Estrada who also figures in around this weight.

A transfer? He's just finishing his junior year in high school.

Its starting to seem as if he and Dad don't like competition in the room... going back to his Gopher commitment.....

Yeah. No. That's not the reason. How oblivious are you?

Here is what @poorwrestler had to say about his Gopher decommitment over on intermat. Seems there could be something to it. Probably not the sole reason, but a contributing factor. I'm sure having his potential competition being a Ferrari was also a big contributor.

"Chittum lost to Drew Roberts (gopher) his last high school loss. Then he got smoked by Jamison at the US open not too long after. Chittums father has a large influence In where he landed (as with most top prospects) and in their last visit to MN he realized that Roberts was on the team as well. That scared the whole commitment. It wasn’t the sole reason, but it was a big part of it.

NOW, the part that I don’t get is Jamison, Roberts, etc have stayed lower weight wise and Chittum has grown into a 157 (I think) and would still fit the roster. Money/teammate relationships came in to play big time at that point and Eggum couldn’t seal the deal."

I'm a season ticket holder for the last 8 years. I can say without a doubt that it seems Hawkeye wrestling is starting to look more and more like Ok. St. A couple of good wrestlers, but overall not a good team. It would be no shock (disappointing yes) if the Hawks won't finish with a trophy next year. It just seems like the wheels have come almost all the way off. What in the heck is going on down in Iowa City?

So are we even going to finish in the top 5 come NCAA Tournament time?
I don't see it. Hope I'm wrong. I think we'll be fourth (at best) in our conference and maybe not even the best in our own state anymore.

I love TnT. But this stinks and there needs to be an intervention from within the program. When you have former allies of the program not wanting anything to do with it, something is not right.

Sure, that's fair. But so are the Ferrari's. So if I had to choose one to deal with, I'm taking the one who isn't despised by every teammate he's ever had and an accused sexual predator.
Without inside info, the chances that AJ ever wrestles again in college have to be small.
Angelo is the real prize to be gained. Who would you take between Angelo and Chittum?

I don't see it. Hope I'm wrong. I think we'll be fourth (at best) in our conference and maybe not even the best in our own state anymore.

I love TnT. But this stinks and there needs to be an intervention from within the program. When you have former allies of the program not wanting anything to do with it, something is not right.
You seriously think ISU is passing the Hawks?
A team that hasn't sniffed top ten in over a decade?

Yeah...no.
Best case scenario for the Clones in a dual is wins at 149, 157, 165, and 197. And we don't know where VV ends up.
ISU's only chance is if Ayala ends up in Ames.

Last edited:
Reactions: shudaddy
Without inside info, the chances that AJ ever wrestles again in college have to be small.
Angelo is the real prize to be gained. Who would you take between Angelo and Chittum?
Not a fair question. Question should be, who would you take between Chittum and Angelo with baggage.

Here is another gem:

"
Chittum leaving Iowa was inevitable. Which is why I mentioned he should go the Cejudo route. Anyone who had followed his story knew this would happen.

Track record:

Cleveland, TN School- average wrestling program. Left for greener pastures.

McCallie private school- below average wrestling program. Left for greener pastures.

Blair- best high school program in the country. Left for greener pastures.

3-4 years of home school and only training for major events- dad has complete autonomy.

Went back to Cleveland High School for a semester. Won a state championship. Left for greener pastures.

Committed to Minnesota. solid college program. Purchased an apartment there and trained for a year with the club. Left for greener pastures.

Shopped around to every top 5 program in the country.

Committed to Iowa but did not want to enroll. 2nd best college program. Leaving for greener pastures..."

The fight with Cornell, Michigan and tOSU definitely got closer. Still, I think they could beat all 3 as long as they don't lose anyone else...
After losing Spencer Lee, can Iowa stay ahead of Arizona State and Missouri as well?

What the heck is our lineup going to even look like now?

• Haha
Reactions: honkey69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT