ADVERTISEMENT

DCI Special Agent Mark Ludwig……

This is not Mark’s first brush with controversy as a DCI Special Agent……,.A few years ago in the “Carter Murder Case” outside Laconia, Mark had a special role……..

Just so you know….,..
Csb
He found guilty of misconduct?

Been absent for several years now on a much larger scale. Glad folks are waking up to judicial abuses. It gets us all sooner or later if sanctioned as acceptable.
Democracy is a full time job. Ben Franklin told us this when the Constitution was first ratified. It is incumbent that all citizens understand this and demand it from THEIR government. Our Bill of Rights are sacrosanct to freedom in America.

Seems like a case that demonstrates the absolute danger of conviction through the Civil Court. This agent should be fired.

First rule. Don’t listen to anything DoggieStyleRy has to say. Second rule….see rule one.
Always a smart arse jumping to conclusions.
So no misconduct on the murder case i guess since you came back with nothing.
What was ludwigs misconduct to deserve termination in the gambling investigation?

So no misconduct on the murder case i guess since you came back with nothing.
What was ludwigs misconduct to deserve termination in the gambling investigation?
Perhaps the lad lives controversy? I really dint know. However, it seems to be he became a real center of the Carter murder case controversy. Some guys just atttract attention. There could be personality issues at lay here….but my post was just to let folks know Mark is no stranger to “the news….”

Reactions: hawkedoff
Democracy is a full time job. Ben Franklin told us this when the Constitution was first ratified. It is incumbent that all citizens understand this and demand it from THEIR government. Our Bill of Rights are sacrosanct to freedom in America.
I would like it if our electorate was literate and well versed in what is going on around them as far as how they want their country to operate. Unfortunately it isnt even close to that situation. I am not going to go all political in this answer except to say there are millions of voters who dont care about truth.

The DCI agent, Bird for approving the charges, and Reynolds for supporting it. In the immortal words of Sam Jarrard in The Fugitive…”Cosmo, this guy is dirty!”

This entire thing stinks of over reach and the state of Iowa at all levels needs to be held accountable.

The Iowa AG didn't approve charges.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
I hope if all this is true, that these athletes get paid extremely well from these asshats. Not big on getting lawyers involved in anything or having to give a lawyer a penny., in this case I hope they lawyer up with the best and make these agents and agencies sweat. They should be spending more time on drug dealers, murderers, rapist, and all the other major crimes instead of a little gambling.

I hope if all this is true, that these athletes get paid extremely well from these asshats. Not big on getting lawyers involved in anything or having to give a lawyer a penny., in this case I hope they lawyer up with the best and make these agents and agencies sweat. They should be spending more time on drug dealers, murderers, rapist, and all the other major crimes instead of a little gambling.
Disagree. Underaged gambling needs to be strictly monitored and enforced. LEOs need to be mindful of the Constitution and the rights of the public they protect.

Last edited:
Reactions: nu2u and DogBoyRy
Disagree. Underaged gambling needs to be strictly monitored and enforced. LEOs news to be mindful of the Cobstitution and the rights of the public they protect.

It ranks on the bottom of the list in order of national security and protecting our children. Predators, traffickers, drug dealers selling laced drugs is WAY more important than some underage gambling on entertainment,

It ranks on the bottom of the list in order of national security and protecting our children. Predators, traffickers, drug dealers selling laced drugs is WAY more important than some underage gambling on entertainment,
The DCI is charged with investigating violations of “the law.” Underaged gambling is against the law. I am not prioritizing the law here...but these kids broke the law. The DCI has every right to investigate them and enforce the law.....but it also must respect the law and the rights of those it investigates. THAT is the only controversy here.

Last edited:
Right now they're circling the wagons and having some serious meetings at DCI. People are going to be fired. The state will pay tens of millions when this is said and done.
Yep, and when you go to the polls to vote for elected officials, don't forget, YOU are the state and you'll be footing the bill for those payouts......

This is not Mark’s first brush with controversy as a DCI Special Agent……,.A few years ago in the “Carter Murder Case” outside Laconia, Mark had a special role……..

Just so you know….,..
Is his last name spelled Ludwick?

The DCI is charged with investigating violations of “the law.” Underaged gambling is against the law. I am not prioritizing the law here...but these kids broke the law. The DCI has every right to investigate them and enforce the law.....but it also must respect the law and the rights of those it investigates. THAT is the only controversy here.
Up next on the news at 10..... crossing against the walk light and jay walking.......charges pending.....

They have the right to investigate but allocation of resources on this is a bit questionable.

Yep, and when you go to the polls to vote for elected officials, don't forget, YOU are the state and you'll be footing the bill for those payouts......

And in regard to charging decisions, same goes for people who go to the polls and elect county attorneys.

Sounds like DCI went rogue and even the Governor was not fully or properly briefed , The practice of illegal warrants , entrapment using paid informants and Agents who actually instigate crimes and illegal survelience and stepping on Peoples Constitutional rights is and has been a huge problem done by law enforcement and both sides of the political spectrum. Time for jobs to be lost and jail time and the Athletes records scrubbed clean and lost eligibility reinstated, Those who scream for damages I would say those damages should first be pulled from the operating budgets of the agencies involved but in the end it is the taxpayers who get screwed and end up paying for it.

I would like it if our electorate was literate and well versed in what is going on around them as far as how they want their country to operate. Unfortunately it isnt even close to that situation. I am not going to go all political in this answer except to say there are millions of voters who dont care about truth.
We are upset about this and rightfully so. The IL BB player charged with rape and being suspended is likely to change things. But this goes much further. How much outrage was there over Faith being held at gunpoint for being the wrong color and not even close to matching the description? A 13 yo black male was forced to be face first on the ground for trying to "break" into his how house where he was locked up and while being frisked, the officer's gun discharged accidentally.

We get upset when the police/law enforcement/judicial system impacts our entertainment.

Reactions: San_Antonio_Hawk
The ncaa receives concessions from government as a regulatory body in relation to antitrust laws. They have a defacto monopoly on big time athletics and receive protections to operate in that manner in the market by our government. As such their rulings should be able to be challenged if the information they received was due to an illegal search by a government agency. Due to their protections from antitrust laws as a regulatory agency they are in essence an extension if government and subject to oversight

These athletes should be cleared and their lawyers absolutely should sue the ncaa to force the issue

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT