ADVERTISEMENT

Deyo to ISU ?

Yep. And I believe the main problem is Brian. And even though Kirk should get rid of him, he won’t. Because of that, the struggles will continue.
Brian is the next coach. Kirk will retire so late in the process to make it impossible for him not to be the next coach. Kirk will retire in the month of June or July.

Exactly whose ass is ISU kicking? They managed to finish second in the weakest P5 conference in the country in an asterisk season. They beat an Oregon team that would never have been in a NY6 game (or ISU for that matter) in any season other than 2020. They lost their prior two bowl games including a bare-ass spanking by a ND team in a game ND didn't even want to be in. They got their asses handed to then at home by a Sun Belt team.
Please tell me you were being facetious
True, but we can't even win the weak west division. So kind of hard to be poking fun at ISU, when we can't beat anyone either.

Brian is the next coach. Kirk will retire so late in the process to make it impossible for him not to be the next coach. Kirk will retire in the month of June or July.
If there’s one thing we’ve learned about college football coaches, it’s that they will never do something like leave their current team high and dry in June for a B1G job like Iowa. Stuff like that just doesn’t happen.

If Kirk retires in June, Iowa will be limited to people who are on staff, or out of work. You so correct, we may have to invent a new word to describe your level of correctness.

Exactly lol ….look so iowa is missing on a few recruits . ISU is like the shiny new car.looks and drives good for a short time , but eventually it becomes just another vehicle to get you from point A to B
The Hawks will be fine . We recruit 3 star under the radar guys all the time and I think our staff has a pretty damn good record coaching guys up and turning them into pretty damn good football players . You doom and gloomers need to chill
Until we win a conference title, or at least win the west division it kind of is a big deal to lose out on recruits. Yeah yeah recruit under the radar guys that nobody else wants and coach them up blah, blah. Twenty years here and still having subpar recruiting, and now getting out recruited by ISU.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Until we win a conference title, or at least win the west division it kind of is a big deal to lose out on recruits. Yeah yeah recruit under the radar guys that nobody else wants and coach them up blah, blah. Twenty years here and still having subpar recruiting, and now getting out recruited by ISU.
He wasn’t a take for Iowa.

They are bringing in one of the best recruiting classes in program history.

Not really. That would have been tampering as he was never released from his NLI.
Like the NCAA would have done ANYTHING to Bama? Really? See this years drama with CJF as proof, that tampering doesn't apply to the blue bloods....

Both schools now have coaches that have shown an ability to eyeball talent and develop that talent that other schools miss. Ferentz had a good recruiting year last year. While ISU is not going to have a top 20 or even top 25 year this year the starting level of the recruit is improving. Most of the recruits they are getting are by beating other P5 schools that wanted the same recruit, which is a better starting point than the past.

Ferentz is a future hall of fame coach, and if Campbell stays in college I believe he will be too. Its a fun time for football in this state.

The tough part for Ferentz is I tend this is one of the few years pre-season pollsters may be overrating Iowa going into the season. I think the defensive line takes a step back and there will be a lot of pressure on Petras to perform. If Iowa has a 7-5 instead of 9-3 type season the anti-Ferentz people will come out of the wood work.
We'll see. I think the DL will surprise with young studs brought in over the last two recruiting cycles and the usual outstanding coaching. I expect SP to play much more consistent and in control. If Iowa beats Indiana in the opener, ( and I think they will), then I think your clones will have their hands full. HUGE game, but especially for ISU with all the hype, maybe best team ever, AND ALL the pressure. Better hope they don't crap the bed like the last time the Hawks were in Trice. Lets face it if Iowa wins that game it could turn ugly in Ames quickly. THIS is your year RIGHT? You guys want a piece of The Iowa Hawkeyes, and I'll guarantee you, you'll get everything they have. Be careful what you wish for clone fans. ;)

I think Kirk stays until playoff expansion at least. Hawks have a much better shot at getting in it then. If by some means Petras would get on fire, we are in sooner than later. Our D is gonna be our D.

True, but we can't even win the weak west division. So kind of hard to be poking fun at ISU, when we can't beat anyone either.
When was the last time isu beat a team from the “weak west”? In fact what is their record against all those teams?

When was the last time isu beat a team from the “weak west”? In fact what is their record against all those teams?
The last time they played a P5 team other than Iowa in the regular season they lost to Minnesota. But that was more than twenty years ago.

I've always thought ISU and Minny should become a regular non-conference series. They aren't as far apart as other road trips, and clone fans get to enjoy the Twin Cities for a weekend.

Beats the hell out of Manhattan, Kansas.

Reactions: HerkyFan
The last time they played a P5 team other than Iowa in the regular season they lost to Minnesota. But that was more than twenty years ago.

I've always thought ISU and Minny should become a regular non-conference series. They aren't as far apart as other road trips, and clone fans get to enjoy the Twin Cities for a weekend.

Beats the hell out of Manhattan, Kansas.
They did have that one game against FSU in the Eddie Robinson Classic. Maybe 2000?

Not a scheduled regular season game. It was one of those pre-season kickoff type of games.
Correct. Like I said, it was the Eddie Robinson Classic. Iowa played KSU in it around the same time.

They played both Minnesota and Wisconsin in the early 90s. Probably 92 or 93 would have been the last game. They lost them all.

Reactions: rchawk and HerkyFan
You're exactly right. But those are some mighty big ifs, "big" brother. lol.
Christ, your really full of yourself aren't you? I mean most here will admit that ISU is capable and that this may be there best team EVER. And yet its no sure thing that you'll win. A big IF? Hardly....But do keep telling yourselves that, because it will be all the more sweet when you lose, and the whole train comes off the tracks.....

He has essentially 4 semesters to clear it up. with summer school even if true. Even if it's true, I think discussing a 16 or 17 year old kid's grades in a public way is absolutely shameful.
Agree that a kid’s specific grades shouldn’t be discussed on a public forum. However, in this case, Deyo’s lack of academic progress will impact his college football career, so that part is fair game.

IIRC, three starters on Nebraska's last NC team were not just partial, but non-qualifiers. The Big Eight, like the Big Ten, had no restrictions, but two schools -- ISU and either Mizzou or CU -- didn't take partials. The SWC didn't allow any, which the SWC schools wanted to be the case when four of them joined the Big Eight to form the Big 12. Nebraska went ape shit. I think that as a sop to the Huskers, the new league allowed one PQ in each sport each year, something like that. But basically they haven't' been permitted since the Big 12 was created.

NOTE: I do not know whether Iowa takes them or not. I know they took at least one for MBB. The point I (and I think Bear) are making here is that the lack of restrictions was one of the reasons NU jumped leagues.
While this may be for partial qualifiers, are you really implying that the big 12 schools are harder for athletes to get accepted to than the big ten? 😳

Reactions: not_mantiteo
We'll see. I think the DL will surprise with young studs brought in over the last two recruiting cycles and the usual outstanding coaching. I expect SP to play much more consistent and in control. If Iowa beats Indiana in the opener, ( and I think they will), then I think your clones will have their hands full. HUGE game, but especially for ISU with all the hype, maybe best team ever, AND ALL the pressure. Better hope they don't crap the bed like the last time the Hawks were in Trice. Lets face it if Iowa wins that game it could turn ugly in Ames quickly. THIS is your year RIGHT? You guys want a piece of The Iowa Hawkeyes, and I'll guarantee you, you'll get everything they have. Be careful what you wish for clone fans. ;)
How about be careful what YOU wish for. Like always tavern hawks nothing but arrogant loud mouthed ope-mouth breathers.

Or you could look at it this way - you have a geriatric coach and the worst recruiting class in 20 years. Lose to the clones and the wheels might just fall off in Iowa City? At least you have Brian in the wings! Cant wait to see Campbell get to recruit against him! Careful what you wish for Hawk fans!

Last edited:
How about be careful what YOU wish for. Like always tavern hawks nothing but arrogant loud mouthed ope-mouth breathers.
Wow for a professor a little rough around the edges. Hell even the ISU fans here mock the “tavern Hawk” moniker but keep being you. What department are you a professor in? Seriously.

Or you could look at it this way - you have a geriatric coach and the worst recruiting class in 20 years. Lose to the clones and the wheels might just fall off in Iowa City? At least you have Brian in the wings! Cant wait to see Campbell get to recruit against him! Careful what you wish for Hawk fans!
We're not even close to the '07 class rn lol

Try harder

Huge risk, we almost lost Nixon to ‘Bama doing that. Deyo will almost certainly have the same opportunity if he ends up going the JUCO route.
Why do people not even have a clue. We didn't "almost lose Nixon to 'Bama". The offer 'Bama made to Nixon was null & void, as Nixon still had a signed LOI with Iowa.

Jesus, stupidity sucks when you have to read it on every page of a forum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT