ADVERTISEMENT

Drake #1 per FloWrestling...

Yes Spencer and Vito would be representing the USA.
I believe RBY will be representing Mexico.
Doesn't really make sense to me how RBY ends up wrestling for Mexico.
The whole deal with guys wrestling for a different country is an odd thing.
Making a US team is very difficult, making a World Team competing for a different country is much less so. I imagine it’s been quite awhile since Team Mexico earned an Olympic medal in wrestling.

Russians have been doing it since the break up of the USSR.

Amine and Micic are great examples. Have world medals now but very likely they would not have made a US team. Michigan and PSU each have a few examples of this.

Making a US team is very difficult, making a World Team competing for a different country is much less so. I imagine it’s been quite awhile since Team Mexico earned an Olympic medal in wrestling.
Yeah I get that part. It's switching to another country that confuses me. It's hard to qualify for USA so I can just jump ship and go wrestle for another country?? Do the athletes doing this have dual citizenship??

Yes Spencer and Vito would be representing the USA.
I believe RBY will be representing Mexico.
Doesn't really make sense to me how RBY ends up wrestling for Mexico.
The whole deal with guys wrestling for a different country is an

Yeah I get that part. It's switching to another country that confuses me. It's hard to qualify for USA so I can just jump ship and go wrestle for another country?? Do the athletes doing this have dual citizenship??
The other issue is 57kg and 65kg are not qualified for the US yet to go to the Olympics.

I believe one of your parents have to be born in country in order to represent them. Technically Spencer could wrestle for team France.

Reactions: AFHawk86
I believe one of your parents have to be born in country in order to represent them. Technically Spencer could wrestle for team France.
It depends on the country. You have to become a national for that country. Some countries let you become a national if you can prove you are a certain % of that heritage(least restrictive) other countries you have to give up your citizenship and live in that country for a certain number of years(most restrictive).

I don’t know that it really matters. At this point, it seems like everything between Canada and the Equator should just be considered one country.

Reactions: lookleft goright
Yes, you have to have citizenship in the country you are representing. Most countries allow dual citizenship to count. RBY's grandparents emigrated from Mexico to Arizona. I don't know about Mexican law specifically, but apparently that is enough to get dual citizenship in Mexico.

How does drake drop to 6 after losing to #2 by a takedown. And i would say out wrestled him? I watched davis. Great odd style and winning alot but DA seems better.

Idk how you can say Drake out wrestled him. Ramos finished a takedown. Drake had a great takedown attempt but couldn't finish. That was the difference in the match.

Reactions: kkhawk
Wonder how many more competitions he will get before trials. I just hope this spring is enough healing time to be ready for Vito, fix , and Gilman

Spencer has recently said in a podcast that he is as healthy as he can realistically be at this point. He'll never be 100% again given his injury history and surgeries, but he said his body feels good. I think as long as he doesn't injury anything prior to trials, we'll get the best version of Spencer possible at this point in his life. I think as long as his gas tank is there, he will beat all of the competition.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Me too, just posted the same question in the Spencer, any news thread. Are Vito and Fix making 57kg?
Spencer is starting to look huge at 57 now. He's turning full blown man.

If I'm not mistaken, Fix hasn't completed at 57kg since popping for PEDs. Fix and Vito are both great wrestlers, but even if they make 57kg I don't think they'll be at their peak. Imo, Fix made a mistake by not cutting to 125 for the NCAA season in preparation for Olympic trials.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
How does drake drop to 6 after losing to #2 by a takedown. And i would say out wrestled him? I watched davis. Great odd style and winning alot but DA seems better.
Every week so much changes in 125 that if you re-rank based on results and not previous rank, you're going to get huge disconnects. No other class is like that, really that I can remember at all. There are no favorites, just 20 or so guys who could be there in the end. Ayala is certainly in that mix somewhere near the top.

If I'm not mistaken, Fix hasn't completed at 57kg since popping for PEDs. Fix and Vito are both great wrestlers, but even if they make 57kg I don't think they'll be at their peak. Imo, Fix made a mistake by not cutting to 125 for the NCAA season in preparation for Olympic trials.
he was in the 57kg bracket for the 2020 Olympic trials - which happened in april 2021 - but lost to vito

i think he's been at 61kg since then

he was in the 57kg bracket for the 2020 Olympic trials - which happened in april 2021 - but lost to vito

i think he's been at 61kg since then

Ahhh that's right. He was suspended for using Ostarine which specifically helps you compete while cutting weight. He didn't look the same at 57kg off the juice.

Ahhh that's right. He was suspended for using Ostarine which specifically helps you compete while cutting weight. He didn't look the same at 57kg off the juice.

I will say say that I recently listened to Dayton's interview on the clash of combat and he seems like a pretty decent guy. I'm not cheering for him to succeed at 57kg by any means, but I don't wish him ill.

I personally think there are a lot more guys than just Daton Fix who are using/have used PEDs while competing in wrestling. The NCAA testing is just a complete joke. He was caught by USADA while competing at the senior level.

I still don't understand how his coaches went completely unpunished. Derek Fix said that Chris Perry recommended Ostarine.

And relating this to the gambling suspensions, it's absurd that the NCAA lays the law down on something that doesn't impact competitive integrity or fairness, but completely looks the other way at things that heavily affect fair competition such as PEDs. I'd love to get some athletes and coaches perspective on this. Do any athletes want stricter testing? Are most guys using stuff and it's just understood that you do whatever you can because the NCAA testing standards are a joke? I do not recall a single NCAA division 1 wrestler testing positive and being suspended for using PEDs. (Other than Fix who tested positive through USADA). You would think the clean athletes would be lobbying for stricter testing and enforcement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT