ADVERTISEMENT

Drake #1 per FloWrestling...

Hope you’re kidding. I assume they’re long since back rolling around in the room (right?). Definitely benefits both, not just Ayala. The kid’s tank and speed alone are good for Spencer to oppose regularly. And if Ayala wins tonight, I think he ends up top seed in KC.
Lots of wrestling still left to be had. I think he needs to win the B10 tournament to get the top seed in KC.

I don't know, Ramos put a scare into him right in the middle of the season last year when Spencer was wrecking everyone and looked as healthy as we'd ever seen him. He still pinned Ramos afterwards but Ramos showed he had some tools and wasn't intimidated. Whatever Spencer had wrong with him down the stretch wasn't evident during the Purdue dual and he almost got pinned there too. Spencer was kind of like Mike Tyson in that a lot of guys were probably beat before the whistle blew and then smashed in seconds, while other guys like Ramos and Rivera didn't have those same reservations.
Spencer was not at any time in the same area code of healthy as we have seen him last year. I don't care what matches looked like or if he was still handling people. He had little strength to do much of anything with his legs and it was obvious his ability to run and wrestle outside of matches as part of making weight were severely compromised which really affected his energy and wind as the season went on.

#18 Mc Kee putting a clinic on #7 Smith. Up 10-0 with over 2:00 of riding time after 1 period. No one is safe in this weight class
McKee will tear you apart if he gets things going early. He's strong and has plenty of technique, great on top. Drake getting stronger is huge in turning the worm there but he better not ever sleep on that match or McKee will take things back his way in a hurry.

McKee will tear you apart if he gets things going early. He's strong and has plenty of technique, great on top. Drake getting stronger is huge in turning the worm there but he better not ever sleep on that match or McKee will take things back his way in a hurry.

How about Davis from PSU? Looks pretty good so far, beyond his years in technique.
Unlimited gas tank. Third period he was breathing out of his nose.
Not being sarcastic, he literally was breathing like one would at rest while getting set in the 3rd.
Going to be a great match for Drake.

It was nice while it lasted lol I'd say the odds are still pretty good that he can outscore Spencer at ncaas this year

I still to this day haven't rewatched last year's semi with Lee and Ramos. It ruined the whole tournament for me and I have no interest in reliving it. It was more like a 10 lb maul smashing your nuts than just a kick to the nuts. Such a miserable end to an all timer's college career.
Amen to this. A truly devastating and ignominious ending.

I still to this day haven't rewatched last year's semi with Lee and Ramos. It ruined the whole tournament for me and I have no interest in reliving it. It was more like a 10 lb maul smashing your nuts than just a kick to the nuts. Such a miserable end to an all timer's college career.
I left the arena and didn’t go back to watch the last 2 sessions.

I left the arena and didn’t go back to watch the last 2 sessions.
It made it that much harder to stomach that jerk blowing kisses to the crowd after barely beating Drake last Friday. I’m sure Spencer would give anything to wrestle that guy again, now that he’s healthier than he was last season. I hope anybody but Ramos wins 125 if it’s not Drake.

It made it that much harder to stomach that jerk blowing kisses to the crowd after barely beating Drake last Friday. I’m sure Spencer would give anything to wrestle that guy again, now that he’s healthier than he was last season. I hope anybody but Ramos wins 125 if it’s not Drake.
Spencer will wreck him the next time they meet, obviously it will be in freestyle if they do which they both are probably better at. It amazes me how some fan’s truly don’t understand that SL was at maybe 50% when they met last year. SL at the Bill Farrell was not even close to 100% according to his father.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone and T8KUDWN
Come on! It is sports. While we all love wrestling it isn't life or death. Take a page from Cael's book and realize anyone that has the opportunity to compete at the D1 level is blessed and be grateful. Of course everyone wants to win but half of the competitors lose every match. Guess what, the sun comes out tomorrow and life goes on.

Come on! It is sports. While we all love wrestling it isn't life or death. Take a page from Cael's book and realize anyone that has the opportunity to compete at the D1 level is blessed and be grateful. Of course everyone wants to win but half of the competitors lose every match. Guess what, the sun comes out tomorrow and life goes on.
I didn't say life ended for me, I said I had no interest in rewatching it. Spencer had overcame so many injuries and was 2 matches away from being a 4 timer. That most certainly doesn't happen every day. It is easy to see positives when everything is clicking for your team, a little tougher when your team gets punched in the face. Don't worry, I kicked my dog afterwards and moved on😉

I didn't say life ended for me, I said I had no interest in rewatching it. Spencer had overcame so many injuries and was 2 matches away from being a 4 timer. That most certainly doesn't happen every day. It is easy to see positives when everything is clicking for your team, a little tougher when your team gets punched in the face. Don't worry, I kicked my dog afterwards and moved on😉
How does drake drop to 6 after losing to #2 by a takedown. And i would say out wrestled him? I watched davis. Great odd style and winning alot but DA seems better.

Reactions: HikeNatParks
How does drake drop to 6 after losing to #2 by a takedown. And i would say out wrestled him? I watched davis. Great odd style and winning alot but DA seems better.
can't stand flo's foundational way they do rankings. I get "try to be objective" but sometimes "this guy beat this guy so he goes to #3" is just dumb.

Agreed. Shouldn’t have fallen further than #3. This Lion fan also finds Davis’ style quirky but old-school cool and impressive, though I wouldn’t have him top 5 just for beating Kaylor and Cat Stevens (DeAug). Feb 9 (even Feb 2 with Buckeye McCrone should add needed intel) will either cement our 8th-grader as a legit #4 or return Drake to the top 3. Not sure I’ve anticipated a dual more.

can't stand flo's foundational way they do rankings. I get "try to be objective" but sometimes "this guy beat this guy so he goes to #3" is just dumb.
That's not really what happened here and it's pretty much impossible to make a case for Ayala > Davis considering Davis beat a guy who beat Ayala this year.

There's no easy answer at 125 and whoever they chose is bound to lose again. Hell, Stanich isn't even the official starter yet to my knowledge. I'm suprised they didn't go Davis. Only 3 ranked wins, but undefeated with impressive performances over two AA's is enough for me considering everybody else has losses.

Reactions: hlstone
I view it through a different lense. 3 great, decisive championships that can never be questioned or taken away. Last run was tough and didn’t go to plan. But it would have been much more devastating had it been his last shot at a first title.

Imagine if Cory Clark had lost in the finals in 2017.

Reactions: Kwoodhawk
Spencer will wreck him the next time they meet, obviously it will be in freestyle if they do which they both are probably better at. It amazes me how some fan’s truly don’t understand that SL was at maybe 50% when they met last year. SL at the Bill Farrell was not even close to 100% according to his father.
I'm looking forward to it. Ramos is no where near as accomplished as Spencer in FS.
Let's hope Spencer keeps healing and has no more set backs.

I'm looking forward to it. Ramos is no where near as accomplished as Spencer in FS.
Let's hope Spencer keeps healing and has no more set backs.
Wonder how many more competitions he will get before trials. I just hope this spring is enough healing time to be ready for Vito, fix , and Gilman

Wonder how many more competitions he will get before trials. I just hope this spring is enough healing time to be ready for Vito, fix , and Gilman
Me too, just posted the same question in the Spencer, any news thread. Are Vito and Fix making 57kg?
Spencer is starting to look huge at 57 now. He's turning full blown man.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT