ADVERTISEMENT

Duke finished 94th in total offense in 2023.

Duke was #65 in scoring offense. 27.1 ppg...12 more ppg than Iowa.

Think Iowa could win a couple more here and there with their defensive prowess and 12 more points per game?

Total offense 2023: Ohio State #47. Penn State #53. Michigan #67.

Total offense is a sucker stat.
Agree, and the Big had these Total Defenses. Michigan #1, PSU #2, OSU #3, Iowa #7, Nebraska #11, Rutgers #16.

Reactions: Drinkin Buddy
Brian lost his job because of Purdue, Wisconsin, and Kentucky in 2021. Because of Iowa State, Illinois and Nebraska in 2022. And because of Minnesota in 2023. Seven games that Iowa should have won with a slightly below average offense. Forget about trying to beat then Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State’s of the world right now.
They would have won those games if their offense was at least terrible, let alone, slightly below average.

Regardles how I feel about BF I am ready to move on from that stigma. I'll take those numbers because with this team they would probably beat the teams they are suppose to, and hopefully at least be competitive for the blowout losses.

They would have won those games if their offense was at least terrible, let alone, slightly below average.
Agree.

Just think about the halftime scores of the four losses this year, without any semblance of an offense.

PSU 10-0
Minny 3-3
Michigan 10-0
Tenn 14-0

If you have even an minimal threat of scoring or ability to string together a few first downs you split and win two of those games...and make the other two very, very nervous.

Yeah, I'd take Duke's 27 ppg over Iowa's 15 ppg in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
This is great news!!! We’ve already identified who we get to complain about next…

Kevin Johns, Iowa message board boogeyman 😂

• Haha
Reactions: desihawk
This is great news!!! We’ve already identified who we get to complain about next…

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

i'm pissed in advance about that first down run right up the middle. Ragaini's successor was open on the slant if qb would've kept the ball instead of handing off.

Reactions: cmhawks99
i'm pissed in advance about that first down run right up the middle. Ragaini's successor was open on the slant if qb would've kept the ball instead of handing off.
Me too…in fact I’m mad as hell about it. Thats how you know your a good, highly invested fan 😳

• Haha
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Well of course….things would have to change on your end for it not to…just sayin’
I certainly complain about Brian. That guy sucked. And let's face it, we can all be irrational after a loss, that's what this place is for!

Maybe it's time to consider posting something about the football team on the football board. That's why it's called the Iowa Football forum and not the Iowa Football Fans forum. Most are here to post information and opinions about the team, vs almost exclusively complaints about what other fans are saying.

I certainly complain about Brian. That guy sucked. And let's face it, we can all be irrational after a loss, that's what this place is for!

Meh….sure, but honestly it’s not a positive outlet fir grown men IMO

Maybe it's time to consider posting something about the football team on the football board. That's why it's called the Iowa Football forum and not the Iowa Football Fans forum. Most are here to post information and opinions about the team, vs almost exclusively complaints about what other fans are saying.

Hmmmm….exclusively ?! Seems strong….but I’ll agree, if everyone can express their opinions without all the negative, hostile vitriol I’ll comply. Reach out when that happens….until then 🤷‍♂️

Hmmmm….exclusively ?! Seems strong….but I’ll agree, if everyone can express their opinions without all the negative, hostile vitriol I’ll comply. Reach out when that happens….until then 🤷‍♂️
I prefaced exclusively with "almost". Like 8 in 10.

Meh….sure, but honestly it’s not a positive outlet fir grown men IMO
I love how you think you are better than everyone else and above critizing mediocre performance. It's sports, we are fans, we get pissed when our teams suck. I come here so I don't complain in front of my wife an kids. Just blow off steam with other people who are annoyed with our team or coaches in the moment. Who cares?

If we could be 70th we'll win 10-12 games/yr.

Provided DST is still fire.

Regardles how I feel about BF I am ready to move on from that stigma. I'll take those numbers because with this team they would probably beat the teams they are suppose to, and hopefully at least be competitive for the blowout losses.
Agreed. It really wasn't that long ago that I felt we had a chance to win EVERY GAME.
The last few years of Brian I knew it was over during my 10:30AM Bloody Mary.

I love how you think you are better than everyone else and above critizing mediocre performance. It's sports, we are fans, we get pissed when our teams suck. I come here so I don't complain in front of my wife an kids. Just blow off steam with other people who are annoyed with our team or coaches in the moment. Who cares?

You….as in YOU have projected that on me and yourself. I’m entitled to say what I want just like you are. You and your buddy @RollingBallofButcherKnives like to call out soap boxes and pompous, holier than thou, attitudes that you believe you see, like it’s upsetting to people like me.

But reality is, you come here to rant and rave about something you have ZERO control over, with the seeming assumption that anyone could & should easily do better..,

Theirs a saying in life…you get what you give…,

Give patience and understanding, you get patience and understanding..

Give bullshit and hostility, you get bullshit and hostility…

You….as in YOU have projected that on me and yourself. I’m entitled to say what I want just like you are. You and your buddy @RollingBallofButcherKnives like to call out soap boxes and pompous, holier than thou, attitudes that you believe you see, like it’s upsetting to people like me.

But reality is, you come here to rant and rave about something you have ZERO control over, with the seeming assumption that anyone could & should easily do better..,

Haha. I see I am in your head…..

Not sure there is a poster that thinks as highly of themselves as you do. Not sure what you are like in real life, but I'm guessing one of those dorky arrogant pricks who thinks they are cool, but who everyone makes fun of.

Maybe you should just start your own message board with your own rules. Little snowflakes who only say positive things about sports.

Snowflake….if you have met me and knew me, you’d laugh at yourself for that comment. As it is, I enjoyed it. Thanks…

PS…. How many snowflakes do you know who are particularly positive. I don’t think I know any. In fact your constant bitching about someone else’s performance is more snowflake, right?

Not sure there is a poster that thinks as highly of themselves as you do. Not sure what you are like in real life, but I'm guessing one of those dorky arrogant pricks who thinks they are cool, but who everyone makes fun of.

You did it again….its only posters like you, who project that on me, gee I wonder if their might be a reason why, hmmmm….🤔

Could it be purposeful…..🤫

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT