ADVERTISEMENT

GimmeRed Life Update

We did after Hayden
That 70S Show Burn GIF by PeacockTV

Scruddy, I’m thinking if you changed your approach , it would go a long way in getting some of your points across.
I tried that. I was still insulted and called names regardless as well.
He has views that other people have, he just expresses them in a more inhumane and toxic manner, throwing in ad hominem attacks as well( seems like all of political threads devolve to that)
I am a mirror for the toxicity thrown at me too. The lefties on this forum are just as corrosive as I am. Arguably worse, even.
Like I said - a regurgitating shit eater.

He brings zero value to this online community.
First off, read what you just wrote and then tell me you can't appreciate the irony of you telling someone else they bring no value to this forum. Your contributions are literally telling people they "eat shit". Pot meets kettle moment tbh..

Second, this community was in net negative territoy before I stumbled along and corrected things. You're welcome, by the way..

No idea what went on in the threads, but you shouldn't bring your kid up in context of a political topic on a message board and then not expect others to do the same in argument against your position.

You brought them into the fray.

Granted, it's different if they're taking personal shots at you or your kid.
No idea what went on in the threads, but

As someone who’s been called some REALLY bad names and totally trashed on this board you just learn to use a shovel to give it right back. And the put the person on ignore.
This, but you shouldn't use the ignore feature. Only cowards do that.
I got a timeout for letting him know I am subjected to unprompted personal attacks daily.
"Unprompted"

Wow what a day! So, just to share a bit about myself, something that I haven't mentioned to the board, So, several months ago, I made an offer to my plant manager to give up my Dayshift Shift lead job and move to the 3-11 shift as a Senior Quality Lab Tech. The issues we were having was we were bleeding scrap dollars because of a serious lack of experience on that shift and had no way to offer support. The change was finally made the first of this month. So with this change, my normal work hours will be 3PM to 11PM. However, there was a need for a bit of training, so I'm working a split shift, going in at noon and working until I feel comfortable that I'm not needed.

So imagine my surprise to come home and find that I'm the subject of a 5 page attack in a locked thread. WTF @kwik44 ? Locked but not deleted? I can't respond? @Scruddy is allowed to call me Retarded and still is a poster? @Phenomenally Frantastic is allowed to totally misrepresent my journey as the parent of a Trans child? I can assure you neither would stand face to face with me and say that.

So, for those who stood up and defended me, and for those who called the trash out, thank you! Some of you even have a different position than I do, and still called the trash out. That says a lot about you!

For those of you that have never heard of our journey and the trials of being a parent, I've been as open as I could be, we have always taken a slow and informed approach to every treatment. My child, assigned Female at birth went through some serious struggles at the onset of puberty, Went through several years of therapy, many visits with medical professionals treated the anxiety, depression, and insomnia for years before even approaching the Gender Dysphoria. I've had conversations with them that I never thought I would have with a child. But contrary to what the trash would have you believe, my child is 19, a Freshman in College, made the Presidents list for their first semester, and also is a fully intact biological female, tits and all. They are on hormones which has helped the tremendously. As a surprise baby, they have been the most challenging, most rewarding pain in my ass I could have imagined. If I had the power to change them, I would not change one thing.

Now as some of you remember, I have 6 kids n total, My oldest is going through a divorce right now, it been a challenge. We are in contact multiple time a day most days. He hurts, but we'll work through this as a family. My Number 3 son just got a nice promotion and raise, as to be expected, his car kinda crapped out at 225,000 miles, he'll come up with car, but the timing could be better. My number 4 son, like my youngest deals with depression. Hs is seasonal, and the winters are brutal for him. He also owns a moving company in Omaha and the housing market has tanked and the business is pretty bad right now. He has lad the crew off and is running freight to keep the business afloat. The problem he has had is with the emissions on his truck. For him, it can seem like the universe is against him and the things that should be simple become impossible. Again, we are in contact daily, but it really sucks to be 4 hours away from a child who need you.

So if any of you would like to take a shot at me as a parent, at any of my 5 straight, cisgender kids, or my non-binary child, please try to do it when I could respond in the morning, or try not to be such an ass that I can respond late at night.

And just to piss off the rest of you who haven't figured out that the Red in Gimmered is for the Huskers and to provide you with a real reason to hate me.

GBR!!!!!
Everyone knows scruddy is untouchable. He is a minion of the mods.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
I tried that. I was still insulted and called names regardless as well.

I am a mirror for the toxicity thrown at me too. The lefties on this forum are just as corrosive as I am. Arguably worse, even.

First off, read what you just wrote and then tell me you can't appreciate the irony of you telling someone else they bring no value to this forum. Your contributions are literally telling people they "eat shit". Pot meets kettle moment tbh..

Second, this community was in net negative territoy before I stumbled along and corrected things. You're welcome, by the way..
Weirdo

I sincerely felt this way for over 20 years on the Rivals network and never once put a single poster on ignore on any forum. ...then a certain group of handles started posting on HROT and here we are.
Always funny to see the people who shit in the punch bowl cry when others choose not to drink their feces.

I sincerely felt this way for over 20 years on the Rivals network and never once put a single poster on ignore on any forum. ...then a certain group of handles started posting on HROT and here we are.
I'm glad to see I made the cut :)

I still prefer to see all content and ignore what doesn't merit a response, but I also understand that's just me.

No idea what went on in the threads, but you shouldn't bring your kid up in context of a political topic on a message board and then not expect others to do the same in argument against your position.

You brought them into the fray.

Granted, it's different if they're taking personal shots at you or your kid.
What happened is I came home from work and found I was called out by a now likely former poster in a locked 5 page attack thread because I choose to follow Medical professionals instead of following hunches from you and guys like you. My only surprise was you add not entered the fray.

I am a bit pissed at a couple of the attackers, and as I pointed out, I'm on my way to work, but I will engage you long enough to tell you there is nothing political about Gender Dysphoria, and anyone who see it that way is an idiot!

Wow what a day! So, just to share a bit about myself, something that I haven't mentioned to the board, So, several months ago, I made an offer to my plant manager to give up my Dayshift Shift lead job and move to the 3-11 shift as a Senior Quality Lab Tech. The issues we were having was we were bleeding scrap dollars because of a serious lack of experience on that shift and had no way to offer support. The change was finally made the first of this month. So with this change, my normal work hours will be 3PM to 11PM. However, there was a need for a bit of training, so I'm working a split shift, going in at noon and working until I feel comfortable that I'm not needed.

So imagine my surprise to come home and find that I'm the subject of a 5 page attack in a locked thread. WTF @kwik44 ? Locked but not deleted? I can't respond? @Scruddy is allowed to call me Retarded and still is a poster? @Phenomenally Frantastic is allowed to totally misrepresent my journey as the parent of a Trans child? I can assure you neither would stand face to face with me and say that.

So, for those who stood up and defended me, and for those who called the trash out, thank you! Some of you even have a different position than I do, and still called the trash out. That says a lot about you!

For those of you that have never heard of our journey and the trials of being a parent, I've been as open as I could be, we have always taken a slow and informed approach to every treatment. My child, assigned Female at birth went through some serious struggles at the onset of puberty, Went through several years of therapy, many visits with medical professionals treated the anxiety, depression, and insomnia for years before even approaching the Gender Dysphoria. I've had conversations with them that I never thought I would have with a child. But contrary to what the trash would have you believe, my child is 19, a Freshman in College, made the Presidents list for their first semester, and also is a fully intact biological female, tits and all. They are on hormones which has helped the tremendously. As a surprise baby, they have been the most challenging, most rewarding pain in my ass I could have imagined. If I had the power to change them, I would not change one thing.

Now as some of you remember, I have 6 kids n total, My oldest is going through a divorce right now, it been a challenge. We are in contact multiple time a day most days. He hurts, but we'll work through this as a family. My Number 3 son just got a nice promotion and raise, as to be expected, his car kinda crapped out at 225,000 miles, he'll come up with car, but the timing could be better. My number 4 son, like my youngest deals with depression. Hs is seasonal, and the winters are brutal for him. He also owns a moving company in Omaha and the housing market has tanked and the business is pretty bad right now. He has lad the crew off and is running freight to keep the business afloat. The problem he has had is with the emissions on his truck. For him, it can seem like the universe is against him and the things that should be simple become impossible. Again, we are in contact daily, but it really sucks to be 4 hours away from a child who need you.

So if any of you would like to take a shot at me as a parent, at any of my 5 straight, cisgender kids, or my non-binary child, please try to do it when I could respond in the morning, or try not to be such an ass that I can respond late at night.

And just to piss off the rest of you who haven't figured out that the Red in Gimmered is for the Huskers and to provide you with a real reason to hate me.

GBR!!!!!
I just don’t get the calling out of posters like that. Continued luck for you and your family.

Good post, OP. You sound like a great dad.

Also agree with the posters that have mentioned how this place is going downhill. And it's wild because it's gotten even worse AFTER the mods decided to make a post about the board. It's gotten worse, and the handful of posters that contribute nothing except bullshit are still around.

Good post, OP. You sound like a great dad.

Also agree with the posters that have mentioned how this place is going downhill. And it's wild because it's gotten even worse AFTER the mods decided to make a post about the board. It's gotten worse, and the handful of posters that contribute nothing except bullshit are still around.
Come to the Wordle thread. It’s like the DMZ. We all get along in there.

As the father of a transgender child myself, I feel for you OP! I’ve also been attacked on this board and reacted similarly to you. I lashed out at the ignorant bigots, but soon realized it’s a complete waste of time, they will never change and are complete cowards. My ignore list has gotten very long lately, (looks like I need to add a couple)no sense reading the viewpoints of the ignorant, hate filled bigots.

Your children are lucky to have such an accepting and loving father! Keep up the good work and don’t let the haters bring you down! Oh yeah, and GO HAWKS!!!

Is there any wonder why LGBTQ kids and their families often struggle? Imagine feeling like a third of the population despises you and would rather you don’t exist.

Every damn thread these assholes prove this.
Especially when it is something that has zero impact on their own life. They’re literally going out of their way to create hate and to be a complete asshole.

It’s even more disgusting to think how many of them claim to be religious.

Families with trans kids are not normal. That's just a fact.
Is normal a good thing or a bad thing?

nor·mal ˈnȯr-məl. 1. a. : conforming to a type, standard, or regular pattern : characterized by that which is considered usual, typical, or routine.

I come from a family with a bipolar, schizophrenic father. I have a daughter with Tourette's and a son with ADHD, Dysgraphia and Tourette's. I have diagnosed Generalized Anxiety Disorder as well as ADD. My family isn't "normal". Is that good or bad or just abnormal?

Is normal a good thing or a bad thing?

nor·mal ˈnȯr-məl. 1. a. : conforming to a type, standard, or regular pattern : characterized by that which is considered usual, typical, or routine.

I come from a family with a bipolar, schizophrenic father. I have a daughter with Tourette's and a son with ADHD, Dysgraphia and Tourette's. I have diagnosed Generalized Anxiety Disorder as well as ADD. My family isn't "normal". Is that good or bad or just abnormal?
There are no normal families, there are just those that appear normal from the outside.

So counting me you like one Husker! I actually really enjoy the interaction, I do try to keep the Husker talk on the Football board and try to keep that fun.
I like my grand niece's husband. Him and my grand niece are both graduates of the Nebraska law school. Not sure why they didn't go to Creighton Law School, perhaps it was less expensive. Of course they might get some improper treatment here as they are immigration lawyers.

Reactions: Gimmered

GBR!!!!!
No worries man. I figured out the red thing right away. The hate came easy.

I like my grand niece's husband. Him and my grand niece are both graduates of the Nebraska law school. Not sure why they didn't go to Creighton Law School, perhaps it was less expensive. Of course they might get some improper treatment here as they are immigration lawyers.
creighton is expensive AF. Wife's close friend when there for her undergrad and masters and it was like 400k.*

*This could be way off bc I was hammered when she was telling us about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT