ADVERTISEMENT

Hailey Van Lith

Maybe so, but just how long we'll the 15th -17th player on the bench stick around once we head down this road. Effectively this will do exactly what people would hope doesn't happen. Team mates will be forced to leave, its just another way to go around it. Yea.....
I'm torn on this. And I don't mean any disrespect to you or the kids who would be 15th-17th, but does it matter? Is there much difference from the 13th spot to the 15th? Yes, those kids were/are wanted, but obviously aren't as "valuable" as the top 8-10. Does it matter if they get there from the portal or come in as freshmen? And if the coaches and kids accept the transfer as part of the team/"family", shouldn't the 15th-17th be just as supportive?
Sure, they want to play, and they get that much further from actually doing it, but as the old phrase goes: "get better".
Again, I really am torn on it, but at this point, with the rules and situations being what they are, I don't think teams like ours can afford not to do it. If the coaches find the right fit, it just makes the overall roster better, even if it causes some kids to move on to situations that are better for them. Look at Molly; not a superstar, but appears to be a great fit as the kids seemed to love her and accepted her, and she fills a needed role (even though she got jacked in the face by Barbie).

Maybe so, but just how long we'll the 15th -17th player on the bench stick around once we head down this road. Effectively this will do exactly what people would hope doesn't happen. Team mates will be forced to leave, its just another way to go around it. Yea.....
question #1, why do you think it is a big deal to lose the 15-17th player on the bench? Secondly, the BIG guarantees scholarships for the playing time of the athlete if they are on scholarship. A coach cannot revoke that.

question #1, why do you think it is a big deal to lose the 15-17th player on the bench? Secondly, the BIG guarantees scholarships for the playing time of the athlete if they are on scholarship. A coach cannot revoke that.
I understand that this is the time we are in, and coaches will have to adapt. I just want people to remember that player 15-17 are people also. A young person who was recruited to play basketball for the University of Iowa. They aren't just bench #15, 16 17. Think back to the final four just a couple of weeks ago. Did it not seem a little more special that we made that run, with a team of young ladies recruited to play for Iowa, who worked hard as a team and damn near won the whole thing. Not a team of mercenaries like LSU. Just thought it was pretty cool, but hey, just one old guys thoughts....

A coach cannot revoke it but they can be brutally honest about future playing time. That is how it's usually done.

Which is why their scholarships cannot be pulled.
But they can still be pushed out.......Lets be honest here. Everyone remembers Indiana, (creaning players). A lot of people here were very critical of him doing that, just as we've been of the SEC schools in football pushing guys off the back end of the roster, so they could oversign every year. This is EXACTLY the same thing, but now our perspective is different because we have Clark and a window to make another title run. Thats all I'm saying. This is no different from what we used to be very critical of, but NOW the shoes on the other foot, so its all good.....

Reactions: scotthawk1964
BRING IN EVERYONE!!!

gary-oldman-leon-the-professional.gif

Which is why their scholarships cannot be pulled.
Most athletic scholarships are only guaranteed for one year, but they are generally renewed annually. There are some exceptions to this such as having academic or conduct issues. So, be sure to discuss scholarship offers in detail with each coach in order to get a good idea of what your situation will be.Aug 14, 2019
https://www.sportsengine.com › are...

Are Athletic Scholarships Guaranteed For 4 Years? - SportsEngine

Most athletic scholarships are only guaranteed for one year, but they are generally renewed annually. There are some exceptions to this such as having academic or conduct issues. So, be sure to discuss scholarship offers in detail with each coach in order to get a good idea of what your situation will be.Aug 14, 2019

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion

It’s been pointed out already, but it is literally in this article that power 5 schools guarantee scholarships, unless there is a violation or they quit.

Shes all but a done deal to LSU
If so, that team will certainly be one of the favorites to win it all. Will be interesting to see how it plays out & if there’s any drama with who gets the most publicity between her & Reese.

Because everyone keeps saying she is a Kim Mulkey clone.......as if the world honestly needed that.
That's how I think of HVL. Her and Mulkey are of the same cloth. Not a good thing for HVL but people like that are oblivious to the real reasons they aren't liked. They always leave places in worse shape than when they got there.

Because everyone keeps saying she is a Kim Mulkey clone.......as if the world honestly needed that.
Sure, I agree. But "done deal" seems a bit premature. Had Jeff Walz not said "now she can go a bit closer to home" I'd be more likely to believe it. Wouldn't be surprised if she and Betts both end up at UCLA or USC tbh.

She also seems to be a highly motivated student (got her finance degree in 3 yrs) and is now going to Business School...not sure she'd wanna settle for a degree from LSU.

I'll also say this once more -- there is zero chance in hell she ends up at Iowa.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT