ADVERTISEMENT

****Iowa (7-0) @ PU (7-0) Game Thread****

Because he had two fouls in the first four minutes of the game. How is this that difficult for you?

Iowa went on to “commit” 14 more first half fouls, per this officiating crew.
But JoeT demonstrated he can play with fouls. for some reason you can’t understand players can do this and there is more harm done by sitting your best players…

enough

Back to Big Ten officiating doing there hit job on the visiting team. Would almost take Ed Hightower back over these jokers. I hope the Hawks get the favorable calls at Carver like Purdue got all night tonight.

Great showing, but still a loss. Good luck Purdue with the #1 ranking. You’lllose it on the road in the Big Ten.
Thank you. That first half officiating hamstrung Iowa. I thought it was BS one sided officiating but I’m sure I’ll be thetold I’m just being a homer.

Great effort and D by Iowa. As I’ve been saying, Iowa’s D is much improved.

Last edited:
1st time I've ever felt ok with a loss. Team has heart. Uncharacteristic low fg% for Iowa. Missed several easy ones. They will win more than I thought they might this year I think. Lastly, I hate cbb officiating.

Pmac 4-13 and cmac 0-5.... meanwhile JoshO the board punching bag was 3-4.

If CMAC were a 40% 3pt shooter he would be a good player. Combine JBO and CMAC and you have Sasha for Purdue.

Perkins needs to start. So does Kris Murray. JBo and Rebraca first off the bench.
I still don’t think it matters who starts. Fran had the right guys in at the end. Only complaint was the stretch with Bohannon at point

I also really liked what I saw with the Ulis/Toussaint backcourt. That was legit defense and Purdue was baffled

Fran had the right guys in at the end.
ReliableSameFluke-size_restricted.gif

Ivey no where as good as Keegan.

Ivey Better raw athlete. Keegan obviously has great handles/skills for his size. The fact we have two murrays tips the scale for Iowa, now Fran has to play Kris more.

What iowa needs is a guy that
can make 3pt shots and get his own 3pt shot. JBO unfortunately can't get himself hopen vs a defense
that sticks to him. Sandfort looked scare/not ready....we need his 3pt shooting.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft

If CMAC were a 40% 3pt shooter he would be a good player. Combine JBO and CMAC and you have Sasha for Purdue.
If he were we would have won. I’m almost 52 years old and I would bet him a hundred I could own him at a game of PIG!

But JoeT demonstrated he can play with fouls. for some reason you can’t understand players can do this and there is more harm done by sitting your best players…

enough

I don’t know why this is difficult (for just you), but the first half was called COMPLETELY different from the second half. 180 degrees different, outside of the final four minutes which reverted back to first half style.

Purdue is a damn good team - crazy size, athleticism, speed...Hawks held their own, specifically defensively, made Purdue earn it.

Very strong showing considering missing Keegan

Perkins needs to start. So does Kris Murray. JBo and Rebraca first off the bench.
I like this idea too

I would sit Rebraca and start Kris in his place. Give Perkins more minutes.
I really like this idea too…

With your horseshit?

LOL.
Oh good lord. Having something really good off the bench, a guy who can be on the floor at the end, has undeniable positives.

It’s not like this team has been struggling with bad starts.

If the team goes on to struggle in the first five minutes, fine, then tinker.

But people obsessing over who starts is silly.

My concern with Ogundele was stamina. His talent is there, but he is still very raw. Josh was gassed towards the end, but even then he was mostly effective.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
My concern with Ogundele was stamina. His talent is there, but he is still very raw. Josh was gassed towards the end, but even then he was mostly effective.
He was really struggling to screen effectively the last few possessions and was one of the reasons we couldn’t get a good shot. Pat and Joe also forced a couple. I liked Joe’s - he had a decent look. Pats not so much

Reactions: iahawks10
Great to see Perkins have a solid performance in a big time game. Hope to see this as the beginning of him getting increased minutes at the 2 spot.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Oh good lord. Having something really good off the bench, a guy who can be on the floor at the end, has undeniable positives.

It’s not like this team has been struggling with bad starts.

If the team goes on to struggle in the first five minutes, fine, then tinker.

But people obsessing over who starts is silly.
He couldn't be in at the end if he starts. Imagine that!

Well this isn't Nebraska so I'm not into moral victories, but I actually feel pretty good right now. We played the best defense that we have so far this year. Very hostile environment and refs and playing without one of the best players in the country. Joe, Perkins and Kris continue to shine. Pmac was good. Huge confidence builder for Josh who looked like he belonged against really solid bigs. I don't know what to say about CMac. He can't be playing this many minutes. Perkins, Kris and Ulis absolutely need to get most of the available bench minutes. Joe has been playing great. He and Keegan need to be getting 25-30 per game. There just isn't the minutes for Cmac and him taking all those minutes from guys like Kris and Perkins at this time is really unthinkable. Not a slam on Cmac but those guys all bring a lot more than he does right now. The more they play, the better they get. They just have to play now because they give the Hawks the best chance to win today and especially later in the year as they all gain more confidence on the floor in big situations.

Our top 9 and the minutes they should get right now appear to be:
Keegan 30
Kris 25
Joe 25
Pmac 25
Rebraca/Josh 20/20
Perkins 20
Ulis 15
Sandfort 10
Cmac 10

Well this isn't Nebraska so I'm not into moral victories, but I actually feel pretty good right now. We played the best defense that we have so far this year. Very hostile environment and refs and playing without one of the best players in the country. Joe, Perkins and Kris continue to shine. Pmac was good. Huge confidence builder for Josh who looked like he belonged against really solid bigs. I don't know what to say about CMac. He can't be playing this many minutes. Perkins, Kris and Ulis absolutely need to get most of the available bench minutes. Joe has been playing great. He and Keegan need to be getting 25-30 per game. There just isn't the minutes for Cmac and him taking all those minutes from guys like Kris and Perkins at this time is really unthinkable. Not a slam on Cmac but those guys all bring a lot more than he does right now. The more they play, the better they get. They just have to play now because they give the Hawks the best chance to win today and especially later in the year as they all gain more confidence on the floor in big situations.

Our top 9 and the minutes they should get right now appear to be:
Keegan 30
Kris 25
Joe 25
Pmac 25
Rebraca/Josh 20/20
Perkins 20
Ulis 15
Sandfort 10
Cmac 10
Sounds about right. But where is J Bo?

ADVERTISEMENT