ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa/ISU thread

Well a win is a win man we limping along. Spencer even gassed but being sick and cutting weight
expected that to happen..
Man that ref I believe is even worse than Haggatry (sp) find that hard to believe lol .

Reactions: Grip220
I don't think that Lugo is a experiment I think he's the 149 the rest of the year.Its early in the year he was sick last week so your surprised he didn't have enough gas in the end because I'm not

His gas tank issue has been around since before last week but I get your point.

His gas tank issue has been around since before last week but I get your point.
Agree he gassed at Edinboro but not as bad last year when training in the Iowa room .If he gassed last year then I would be saying what others are

My hoodie has a drawstring. Should I cut it oit and throw it out for safety?

If you don't have a large paper bag, maybe just cinch the hoodie tight like Kenny and make your way out of there as fast as possible?

In a pre-season thread, I said the match I was most looking forward to was Dresser v. Crippling Disappointment. I guess I got my wish. Sheesh. Time for the Hawks to go back to the “make a billy goat puke” philosophy of conditioning.

Best example I’ve seen in a while in wrestling of a team being outcoached
I’ve never seen a hawk team so Ill prepared. Just piss poor. Can’t remember how many late third period points we gave up to isu to lose the match.
I wouldn’t have recognized this as an Iowa team if they didn’t have the logos on their singlet. I probably would have guessed Michigan state.

Best example I’ve seen in a while in wrestling of a team being outcoached
I’ve never seen a hawk team so Ill prepared. Just piss poor. Can’t remember how many late third period points we gave up to isu to lose the match.
I wouldn’t have recognized this as an Iowa team if they didn’t have the logos on their singlet. I probably would have guessed Michigan state.

I don’t even want to see 3rd period scoring total.

Like I said earlier. Take away the injury default when the Iowa guy was winning and it really wasn't that close.

That likely was only 3 extra for ISU. We are damn lucky Warner got that reversal for a 6 point swing. Dresser is going to feel pissed he didn't pull Carr out now.

That may have been the dumbest challenge I have ever seen in the worst situation possible. The only thing that could have happened there was Gomez actually get back points and you give a guy a breather when your guy is known for his gas tank.

Iowa looked bad either way, but that was super poor coaching due to way too much adrenaline and bouncing around and it almost cost them the dual with DeSanto getting thrown at the end which dpesnt happen if they let that match just continue v

Was thinking the same thing. Who threw it?

I guess today answers a lot of questions for those that had them after the Purdue dual.

There's a lot of dinged up/sick Hawks and the conditioning is suffering, imo.

With that said... a pretty damn good effort from the fightin Dressers.

No hawk fan can stomach this dual, but had to especially brutal on you. Good for you to give the clones some credit. I agree, they wrestled hard.

Maybe this year ISU will turn a corner.

I just saw a highlight from Desanto’s match. When he was on his back it look like he threw up. Was he sick too?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT