ADVERTISEMENT

Potential Iowa preseason rankings

Non Iowa fan opinion. Also not Penn state or as you losers call it F*ck st fan

125- Ayala #2-3 start year. Can finish 1-7 and I wouldn’t be surprised lots of one takedown matches.
133-schriever-#15-20 range. Not an AA you guys like him too much
141-Block-watched him a wsr a few times. See how he bounces back.
149-parco-#4 mid level AA again
157-
165-Caliendo-#3 not on mesinbrink level but can compete with anyone else
174-Arnold-#3-5
184-brands-#5 not a title contender will
AA Tho
197-glazier-#9-will be rooting for him
285-Kueter/Hill not buying kueter
Becoming High aa when football is priority
It is F** St. It stands for Fun which is a bad word around here because all the PSU guys used to say in interviews how much fun they had at practice, competing, playing dodge ball, etc… The rest of your post looks about right. Some Iowa fans see a little more upside(naturally) and others see more downside(especially after this season).

Reactions: el dub
If Ferrari is on the team at 197, he not losing the spot to Glazier, who converted back to the Zach we’ve know the previous 4 years in the NCAA tournament. Anthony should be on the team, and should be a factor at 157 or 149, especially if this parco/teamer thing doesn’t come true.

Are u really still having wet dreams about AJ? ( rhetorical question)

Reactions: el dub
1-0 glazier vs dipshit AJ😂😂
There are plenty of arguments you could use against AJ, that are rightly earned and even deserved. But, this? Come on….

Glazier lost the actual match they wrestled, baited AJ AFTER it was over and had the results reversed after he was able to incite the weakest retaliatory slap someone of his size and strength should even be able to do. If anything, for all his mouth, AJ should be more embarrassed about the slap than many of the other idiotic things he has done…

There are plenty of arguments you could use against AJ, that are rightly earned and even deserved. But, this? Come on….

Glazier lost the actual match they wrestled, baited AJ AFTER it was over and had the results reversed after he was able to incite the weakest retaliatory slap someone of his size and strength should even be able to do. If anything, for all his mouth, AJ should be more embarrassed about the slap than many of the other idiotic things he has done…

Wow - you saw that exchange MUCH differently than I did.

AJ initiated the post-whistle debacle and then put the cherry on top with the double birds to the Hawkeye faithful.

You wanted him to hit Glazier harder? strange take all around on this one....

AJ initiated the post-whistle debacle and then put the cherry on top with the double birds to the Hawkeye faithful.

While all true, it’s also pretty strange magaman is trying to act like glazier is the better wrestler. 1 is a former champ, while the other didn’t sniff the podium and took 4 years to crack the lineup

Make no mistake, Glazier absolutely baited him. But, that doesn’t mean AJ was in the right for how he responded. His response was juvenile and absolutely made him look like what many already thought he was.

As far as the slap goes, where in the hell did you get me wanting him to hit him harder come from? All I said was the slap was so bad that it made a self proclaimed tough guy look even more like a clown…

To be clear, my preference would have been he just gave Glazier a giant smile and a thumbs up.

Gabe placing top 4 isn’t crazy? He showed a lot of promise this year and the weight clears out a lot. Rocco welsh will begin the year ranked 1 if Starocci moves up.
Gabe also beat a guy at the soldier salute that made the NCAA semis.

Block was right with Kasak and Bailey in high school, who both had outstanding years. He can definitely AA if he stays healthy.

Ferrari will redshirt while Nelson wrestles, but he is arguably the top recruit in his class. Those type of guys have been competing for podium spots right out of the gate. Top 4 really isn’t insane at a weight that only has one elite wrestler.

Make no mistake, Glazier absolutely baited him. But, that doesn’t mean AJ was in the right for how he responded. His response was juvenile and absolutely made him look like what many already thought he was.

As far as the slap goes, where in the hell did you get me wanting him to hit him harder come from? All I said was the slap was so bad that it made a self proclaimed tough guy look even more like a clown…

To be clear, my preference would have been he just gave Glazier a giant smile and a thumbs up.

See below - Didn't you state that someone with the size and strength of AJ should be embarrassed of his weak retaliatory slap toward Glazier (his potential future teammate)?? Keep digging, the hole is getting more shallow.

"Glazier lost the actual match they wrestled, baited AJ AFTER it was over and had the results reversed after he was able to incite the weakest retaliatory slap someone of his size and strength should even be able to do. If anything, for all his mouth, AJ should be more embarrassed about the slap than many of the other idiotic things he has done…"

Reactions: fufighters
Ferrari will redshirt while Nelson wrestles, but he is arguably the top recruit in his class. Those type of guys have been competing for podium spots right out of the gate. Top 4 really isn’t insane at a weight that only has one elite wrestler.
I think Plott is on his own in tier 2 next season, unfortunately Angelo is still small so a redshirt season to get him up to size would be best for both parties imo.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
See below - Didn't you state that someone with the size and strength of AJ should be embarrassed of his weak retaliatory slap toward Glazier (his potential future teammate)?? Keep digging, the hole is getting more shallow.

"Glazier lost the actual match they wrestled, baited AJ AFTER it was over and had the results reversed after he was able to incite the weakest retaliatory slap someone of his size and strength should even be able to do. If anything, for all his mouth, AJ should be more embarrassed about the slap than many of the other idiotic things he has done…"
I am sorry, but your reading comprehension is pretty bad. Saying AJ should be embarrassed about the slap itself doesn’t say in ANY way that he should have slapped him harder, let alone at all. What it DOES say is that it makes someone who prides himself as being so “macho” look more like a clown…

He missed Glazier and slapped the ref. the ref.

MSU is a difficult one to figure out. He reminds me of my son as we have disagreements and I tell him that 98% of those around him agree that he is wrong, but he fails to recognize it and keeps screaming from the rooftops.

My son is 8.
LMFAO, that is your response to your inability to comprehend basic English? Although I will give you strong credit for using a well rehearsed “personal experience” story to make a “sick burn”….

Reactions: Grip220 and slicone

Tiger Violet GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
you smoke the positivity pipe that for sure... You have Block AA never having wrestled in college, Gabe top 4, Ferrari top 4, and Glaizer at #7??? damn pass that shit over here!!!
Ferrari has done nothing but win big matches for the last 4 years - including beating sealey twice.

Block is more of a gut feeling based on his past history in high school. So I’ll give you that. I may have thought this part up on 4/20….

Glazier has a good season and bad ncaa tournament. Guy was in the big ten finals. How is predicting him as an AA a stretch?

Personally, I think AJ wrecks him if they wrestle again. Probably not a popular opinion. 😆

Reactions: fufighters

You seem to think everyone has forgotten what happened. Should we post the many videos which clearly show that AJ instigated the episode by shoving Glazer's head VERY hard in to the mat, than when pushed away threw a punch that hit the ref? After which he proceeded to make complete spectacle of himself. What do you think?

Non Iowa fan opinion. Also not Penn state or as you losers call it F*ck st fan

125- Ayala #2-3 start year. Can finish 1-7 and I wouldn’t be surprised lots of one takedown matches.
133-schriever-#15-20 range. Not an AA you guys like him too much
141-Block-watched him a wsr a few times. See how he bounces back.
149-parco-#4 mid level AA again
157-
165-Caliendo-#3 not on mesinbrink level but can compete with anyone else
174-Arnold-#3-5
184-brands-#5 not a title contender will
AA Tho
197-glazier-#9-will be rooting for him
285-Kueter/Hill not buying kueter
Becoming High aa when football is priority
Very realistic predictions. Like you I don't see an AA at 133 in our room right now. I also don't see Glazier AAing unless he gets on and stays on his offense...though I loved watching him during the regular season. Best case for Glazier is 9-12 range IMO, but hope I'm wrong. My Hawks MVP this past year. If we get Parco and get Brands back, and noone else from the portal, I see 7 AAs (25, 49, 57, 65, 74, 84, and HWT). I think Kueter fails to get the FB playing time he'd hoped for and decides to go all in for the wrestling team. With 10-15 pounds gained in the offseason I think he can complete with the majority of the big men...and he's a lot more slick than most of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: pawrestler4life
You seem to think everyone has forgotten what happened. Should we post the many videos which clearly show that AJ instigated the episode by shoving Glazer's head VERY hard in to the mat, than when pushed away threw a punch that hit the ref? After which he proceeded to make complete spectacle of himself. What do you think?
You PsU slappies are too damn easy. Yet another guy that completely lacks reading comprehension and actually shows HE is the one “misremembering”. Please watch the attached video below at 12 seconds and tell me how that is remotely deserving of capitalizing VERY and how close his face actually came to the mat. After that, re-read my post and tell me where I was actually wrong. Then go further and actually read how I simply said why MAGA was wrong to go to the actual wrestling where Glazier did lose, when he could have just pointed to all the dumb stuff he has done. Hell, I even called AJ a clown and clearly said how he responded was wrong.

Just because you don’t like my saying Glazier “baited” him, you are completely unable to read anything else. Again, Glazier did bait him and I think he deserves tons of credit for doing so. It almost certainly won him the spot. If AJ didn’t react, he may very well have been on the team and wrestling 197 last season

• Haha
Reactions: Agoodnap
You PsU slappies are too damn easy. Yet another guy that completely lacks reading comprehension and actually shows HE is the one “misremembering”. Please watch the attached video below at 12 seconds and tell me how that is remotely deserving of capitalizing VERY and how close his face actually came to the mat. After that, re-read my post and tell me where I was actually wrong. Then go further and actually read how I simply said why MAGA was wrong to go to the actual wrestling where Glazier did lose, when he could have just pointed to all the dumb stuff he has done. Hell, I even called AJ a clown and clearly said how he responded was wrong.

Just because you don’t like my saying Glazier “baited” him, you are completely unable to read anything else. Again, Glazier did bait him and I think he deserves tons of credit for doing so. It almost certainly won him the spot. If AJ didn’t react, he may very well have been on the team and wrestling 197 last season

Baited? AJ ended that match like the punk he is and Glazier did exactly what any wrestler would have done. Perhaps he should have just walked away? Your campaign to change the narrative will not work.

Oh, congrats on the word "slappies". You've proven once again how juvenile you are as you continually prove in every thread. In your quest to continously show how right you are you've tripped yourself up pnce again by posting the video. Using that video as your "proof" is analogous to a criminal bringing the murder weapon to court.

Serious question with no opinion on the actual participants in that match. Once the final whistle blows the match is over and no more points can be awarded(besides riding time which was earned before or at the final whistle). The only recourse an official has is to deduct team points or eject the athlete from the tournament. If he is ejected after the match there just is no champion or they can move every placer up a spot on the podium. Wasn’t the correct procedure to declare AJ the winner then eject him? I’m not trying to melt the board down again over that mess, just an honest question that may have been answered in that long thread that I did not read most of.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Baited? AJ ended that match like the punk he is and Glazier did exactly what any wrestler would have done. Perhaps he should have just walked away? Your campaign to change the narrative will not work.

Oh, congrats on the word "slappies". You've proven once again how juvenile you are as you continually prove in every thread. In your quest to continously show how right you are you've tripped yourself up pnce again by posting the video. Using that video as your "proof" is analogous to a criminal bringing the murder weapon to court.
Wow, did you even watch the video? Retherford and Nolf put more pressure on the back of the head getting up at the end of MANY of their matches than AJ did. You say the video incriminates me when it CLEARLY shows you were wrong? Now, that is beyond comical. Did he push his head down “VERY” hard? Not remotely close. Was it anywhere close to the mat? Wrong again…

Lastly, I never changed ANY narrative. I clearly said AJ was a clown for how he acted. Saying Glazier ALSO baited him doesn’t change that. He CLEARLY incited AJ with something he said at the beginning of that exchange as well. I never said that justified in any way how AJ acted. In fact, I CLEARLY stated the opposite and gave Glazier tons a credit for understanding who he was dealing with. Even in losing the actual match, he won the mind game in expert fashion and it ended any chance of his losing the starting spot!

Wow, did you even watch the video? Retherford and Nolf put more pressure on the back of the head getting up at the end of MANY of their matches than AJ did. You say the video incriminates me when it CLEARLY shows you were wrong? Now, that is beyond comical. Did he push his head down “VERY” hard? Not remotely close. Was it anywhere close to the mat? Wrong again…

Lastly, I never changed ANY narrative. I clearly said AJ was a clown for how he acted. Saying Glazier ALSO baited him doesn’t change that. He CLEARLY incited AJ with something he said at the beginning of that exchange as well. I never said that justified in any way how AJ acted. In fact, I CLEARLY stated the opposite and gave Glazier tons a credit for understanding who he was dealing with. Even in losing the actual match, he won the mind game in expert fashion and it ended any chance of his losing the starting spot!
Yep, you just can't take the L, just like a juvenile.

As a juvenile would, so it makes sense. You just can't take the L.
When losing an argument, but you can’t concede, the only available option is to D E F L E C T and name call. Thank you for doing both! I truly appreciate you making me smile to start my day off just right!

• Haha
Reactions: el dub and Agoodnap
Off topic, I know, but it's still hard to believe the director of "The Outsiders" also directed "The Godfather" and "Apocalypse Now." What the hell happened?
Versality. That cast was something special. Obviously Tom Cruise proved the be the biggest, by far, box office earner of the group, but a lot of names with some star power in that group over the long term…

Reactions: Gusaford
Versality. That cast was something special. Obviously Tom Cruise proved the be the biggest, by far, box office earner of the group, but a lot of names with some star power in that group over the long term…
Not a bad movie at all, but at times I found it a bit maudlin. Thought it was a step down for Francis.

Serious question with no opinion on the actual participants in that match. Once the final whistle blows the match is over and no more points can be awarded(besides riding time which was earned before or at the final whistle). The only recourse an official has is to deduct team points or eject the athlete from the tournament. If he is ejected after the match there just is no champion or they can move every placer up a spot on the podium. Wasn’t the correct procedure to declare AJ the winner then eject him? I’m not trying to melt the board down again over that mess, just an honest question that may have been answered in that long thread that I did not read most of.
Hard to know the answer, imo. There’s really no precedent for dealing with a sore winner. This is new territory for most.

Reactions: nearfall2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT