141- NR
149- Rathjen #14
157- NR
165- Caliendo #2 with O’Toole moving up
174- Arnold #8
184- Brands #5
197- Glaizer #7
285- Kueter #10

25- weight is tough up and down, but I look for another solid year out of Ayala and a title run

33- Would like to see Iowa bring someone else in to compete for this weight and find the stand

41- No clue what’s gonna happen here. I would figure Block if he can make the weight and give him a chance to prove himself. VV might go down to the weight.

49- Figure Rathjen. He showed good signs but was inconsistent. Cobe might also be looking at this weight

57- Cobe or potentially Caliendo if he can make the weight and still be productive.

65-Caliendo or PK if he goes down

74- excited to see what Arnold can do a his natural weight all year.

84- Hopefully Brands gets the medical. He was better at 74, but the weight isn’t as good as in the past. Figure Ferrari if Brands doesn’t get the extra year.

97- Glaizer had a terrible NCAA, hopefully he can get it together this year at a weight that graduates a lot of talent.

BIG- let’s take the training wheels of Kueter and see what he can do.

Reactions: Trapper85
IF, and it is a BIG IF, they land Parco and/or Teemer, they could have a really solid lineup.....

125: Ayala-Title Contender
133: Schriever(would love to see a transfer here, but I just don't see any better options)
141: Block-No idea what to expect here. Is he going to be healthy and fully DI ready?
149: Parco-Possible Finalist, likely top 5 AA
157: Teemer/Caliendo-Possible Finalist, likely top 5 AA
165: Caliendo/Teemer/PK-Possible Finalist, likely top 5 AA
174: Arnold/PK-Should be a solid AA candidate
184: Brands/Ferrari-Should be a solid AA candidate
197: Glazier/Ferrari-Not sure what to project here, but still a top 10ish type guy
285: Kueter/Hill-Should be a solid AA candidate

For all the doom and gloom, Parco and Teemer would really solidify this team as the next man up after PSU. I know that isn't enough for many here, but it would still be a hell of a lot better team than many thought it would be right after NCAA's....

IF, and it is a BIG IF, they land Parco and/or Teemer, they could have a really solid lineup.....

133: Schriever(would love to see a transfer here, but I just don't see any better options)
141: Block-No idea what to expect here. Is he going to be healthy and fully DI ready?
197: Glazier/Ferrari-Not sure what to project here, but still a top 10ish type guy

For all the doom and gloom, Parco and Teemer would really solidify this team as the next man up after PSU. I know that isn't enough for many here, but it would still be a hell of a lot better team than many thought it would be right after NCAA's....
Not gonna put the other two mentioned in until they actually commit.

Yes, end of this season was very disappointing. I have to remember that Iowa was without Brands who would have been top 5, Cass who would have been top 5 and Assad who I think would have made the stand this year. I think that would have put us in 2nd, but as you said to the Iowa fan base that’s not good enough.

Reactions: savage84
Lots of holes. Glazier was my regular season MVP when he was letting it fly with nothing to lose and scoring points, but then he went to NCAAs and went into that all too familiar prevent offense we see so much from our Hawks. Ugh!! Hope we see the exciting, let it fly Glazier back next year!! As for 33, 41, and 49, I don't see many NCAA points and am hoping for some miracles in the room or in the portal. Finally can't wait to see a fully committed Kueter. I think he makes big waves.

For all the doom and gloom, Parco and Teemer would really solidify this team as the next man up after PSU. I know that isn't enough for many here, but it would still be a hell of a lot better team than many thought it would be right after NCAA's...
If Ferrari is on the team at 197, he not losing the spot to Glazier, who converted back to the Zach we’ve know the previous 4 years in the NCAA tournament. Anthony should be on the team, and should be a factor at 157 or 149, especially if this parco/teamer thing doesn’t come true.

Reactions: Agoodnap
I don’t think so.
Care to expand? I watched him wrestle Cullan at the SS and I don’t think there was that much difference between the two. With Kale being younger I would expect more of a jump out of him than Cullan.

If between those two I think I would lean Kale. Unless you think there’s a portal option out there, and at this point I don’t see a difference maker at 133 available for purchase.

Care to expand? I watched him wrestle Cullan at the SS and I don’t think there was that much difference between the two. With Kale being younger I would expect more of a jump out of him than Cullan.

If between those two I think I would lean Kale. Unless you think there’s a portal option out there, and at this point I don’t see a difference maker at 133 available for purchase.
I still think Cullen is the better wrestler and will do better against competition.

If Ferrari is on the team at 197, he not losing the spot to Glazier, who converted back to the Zach we’ve know the previous 4 years in the NCAA tournament. Anthony should be on the team, and should be a factor at 157 or 149, especially if this parco/teamer thing doesn’t
If Ferrari is on the team at 197, he not losing the spot to Glazier, who converted back to the Zach we’ve know the previous 4 years in the NCAA tournament. Anthony should be on the team, and should be a factor at 157 or 149, especially if this parco/teamer thing doesn’t come true.
Neither guy is enrolled or on the roster so I wouldn’t waste the time talking about it yet.

I don’t think Anthony is good enough to beat either Rathjen at 49 or whoever comes down between pk/Cali and Cobe at 57

cobe would be ranked at 157 and maybe as high as 10. wins over gilcher, paddy gallagher, will lewan, brayton lee amongst others

I'm hoping Petersen makes a large jump because Schriever isn't going to do anything more than he has previously done. Unfortunately we are sitting with minimal options there with no blue chips lined up to fill the weight.

I'm hoping Petersen makes a large jump because Schriever isn't going to do anything more than he has previously done. Unfortunately we are sitting with minimal options there with no blue chips lined up to fill the weight.
Portal is great, but we need to recruit better. The #1pfp wrestler in the country is at a desperately needed weight for us and it looks like we are gonna drop the ball like we did with Mendez.

He pulled out a long time ago and the staff has had ample time to replace him. It’s on them that they haven’t.
We may have differing opinions on the word "ample". You don't just immediately rebound from that type of loss. Especially the way it happened. Still, they DID get DeLuca, but he isn't until 2025...

Portal is great, but we need to recruit better. The #1pfp wrestler in the country is at a desperately needed weight for us and it looks like we are gonna drop the ball like we did with Mendez.
Yes, recruit better, it's the only way. Iowa stopped recruiting in 2019/2020. Yes they got an elite guy here or there but Angelo and Gabe was not recruited. I know navy seals and football. They weren't recruited either. I love Iowa wrestling sooooo just recruit, it's that easy!!! Everything else will fall in line. I want Iowa to be the best team out there. Recruit!!! Everyone on this board knows that is the answer. Keep Tom and Terry because they are great coaches but you need "that guy" for recruits to want to emulate. I know Spencer!!! Not working. Just recruit, go get Blaze!!

Yes, recruit better, it's the only way. Iowa stopped recruiting in 2019/2020. Yes they got an elite guy here or there but Angelo and Gabe was not recruited. I know navy seals and football. They weren't recruited either. I love Iowa wrestling sooooo just recruit, it's that easy!!! Everything else will fall in line. I want Iowa to be the best team out there. Recruit!!! Everyone on this board knows that is the answer. Keep Tom and Terry because they are great coaches but you need "that guy" for recruits to want to emulate. I know Spencer!!! Not working. Just recruit, go get Blaze!!
Pretty sure Gabe and Angelo were recruited as high school kids, not portal guys😉

Reactions: pawrestler4life
He didn’t look great at 149. If he comes to Iowa I think it would be at 157 and it would be hard for him to Cobe, PK, Cali, or maybe Teemer next year.
Agree 157 probably his ideal weight. He should have a high ceiling than most of his competitors in the room and portal because he hasn’t been in a college room yet, and Luther open and SS were his only competitions in 2 years. He’s not beating out Cali or teamer at 157, but what if he were to beat out parco at 149. Do you get some refund on money spent on portal guy that ends up worse than a guy your getting little to no nil money??

Yes, end of this season was very disappointing. I have to remember that Iowa was without Brands who would have been top 5, Cass who would have been top 5 and Assad who I think would have made the stand this year. I think that would have put us in 2nd, but as you said to the Iowa fan base that’s not good enough.
Assigning fantasy finishes to climb into second place? Seriously?

Agree 157 probably his ideal weight. He should have a high ceiling than most of his competitors in the room and portal because he hasn’t been in a college room yet, and Luther open and SS were his only competitions in 2 years. He’s not beating out Cali or teamer at 157, but what if he were to beat out parco at 149. Do you get some refund on money spent on portal guy that ends up worse than a guy your getting little to no nil money??
He couldn’t beat Rathjen at 49. I doubt he can beat Parco.

I think Kale takes over the spot at 33. I think he can be a strong starter for our team, low AA-rd12 guy.
Very few years that we don’t have a high AA sitting in this spot. We gotta do better. Pull out all the stops as we develop 125/133 well when given talent.

125-Ayala - finalist
133- we should be out searching
141- block - AA if healthy
149- parco AA
157- Caliendo - finalist
165- PK - 8th. Needs to learn some new tricks this summer.
174- Arnold top 4
184- Ferrari top 4(kid is the best Ferrari) all he does is win matches. Frosh year won the toughest bracket in the country.
197- Glaizer #7
285- We should be searching - relying on Kueter to be healthy and AA ready by March after ending football mid January is foolish. Kid is great but we need another AA plan at heavy.

Big holes that must be addressed at 33 and heavy imho. And obviously land parco if we can.

He couldn’t beat Rathjen at 49. I doubt he can beat Parco.
One freaking match when Rathjen was wrestling out of his ass. Was the best he wrestled all year. Not saying he would beat Parco, but just wondering if a guy coming in for good money doesn’t get the spot, does the NIL deal get cut back?? I still think Ferrari has a much high ceiling than either guy or Colby because he hasn’t even trained in a college room yet, and has had minimal live competition over last 2 years. Wouldn’t take long to pass these guys up, who have had plenty of both. I know he’s not on the roster, but according to his instagram he’s still all in on Iowa, and looks like he’s been back in Iowa city for a while. AJ is long shot, but best instant contributor of all 3 brothers.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
He’s not beating Parco at 149 next year. No point talking about it.

They weren't recruited, they wanted Iowa. Iowa needs to recruit. You know this lol
These 2 blue chips didn’t just beg Iowa to let them on the team. They considered other offers. Pretty sure PSU was also recruiting Gabe. I know Angelo’s list of teams in the summer didn’t include us, but added us and a few other teams, and dropped a few with his list in December of that year. Getting Anthony to commit was huge for us as anther thing in our favor. It would be nice to have top 10 pfp guys coming to us to ask to get on our team. I think you have us confused with PSU.

One freaking match when Rathjen was wrestling out of his ass. Was the best he wrestled all year. Not saying he would beat Parco, but just wondering if a guy coming in for good money doesn’t get the spot, does the NIL deal get cut back?? I still think Ferrari has a much high ceiling than either guy or Colby because he hasn’t even trained in a college room yet, and has had minimal live competition over last 2 years. Wouldn’t take long to pass these guys up, who have had plenty of both. I know he’s not on the roster, but according to his instagram he’s still all in on Iowa, and looks like he’s been back in Iowa city for a while. AJ is long shot, but best instant contributor of all 3 brothers.
GIF by Demic

Reactions: Cali_Nittany

you think ASSAD w2ould of made the stand this year??? Please just stop. We have to stop pretending that all of a sudden these guys are going to figure it out. Assad and Kennedy has shown us what they are capable of and it isnt helping Iowa win NC... Super good dudes but when the lights are on they are absent...

1-0 glazier vs dipshit AJ😂😂

125-Ayala - finalist
133- we should be out searching
141- block - AA if healthy
149- parco AA
157- Caliendo - finalist
165- PK - 8th. Needs to learn some new tricks this summer.
174- Arnold top 4
184- Ferrari top 4(kid is the best Ferrari) all he does is win matches. Frosh year won the toughest bracket in the country.
197- Glaizer #7
285- We should be searching - relying on Kueter to be healthy and AA ready by March after ending football mid January is foolish. Kid is great but we need another AA plan at heavy.
you smoke the positivity pipe that for sure... You have Block AA never having wrestled in college, Gabe top 4, Ferrari top 4, and Glaizer at #7??? damn pass that shit over here!!!

Non Iowa fan opinion. Also not Penn state or as you losers call it F*ck st fan

125- Ayala #2-3 start year. Can finish 1-7 and I wouldn’t be surprised lots of one takedown matches.
133-schriever-#15-20 range. Not an AA you guys like him too much
141-Block-watched him a wsr a few times. See how he bounces back.
149-parco-#4 mid level AA again
157-
165-Caliendo-#3 not on mesinbrink level but can compete with anyone else
174-Arnold-#3-5
184-brands-#5 not a title contender will
AA Tho
197-glazier-#9-will be rooting for him
285-Kueter/Hill not buying kueter
Becoming High aa when football is priority

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT