ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa / Rutgers PBP

I don't think more than one stall was necessary there. Sometimes you just get out gunned more than trying to bottle up. There were a few re attacks that almost worked out (almost being a relative term here). I was a little worried about Kem's knee in the one situation towards the end of the 2nd. Clearly Kem wasn't concerned though as he secured the TD all the same.

Kem’s knees are made of 100% silicone rubber. Always been that way.

Just let him win its easier on all of us:D

Just so everyone is aware I posted that people should learn the rules of wrestling and this is the reply that I got. But somehow I’m wrong and the jackass. Right.

Yeah your the only one on here that knows the rules thanks for info but they were out and it was fleeing.. If you dont understand that 99.9 % of the refs and calls in that position are looking at the feet and not if half a guys butt cheek is over the imaginary cylinder that extends to the ceiling then you clearly have no idea what your talking about. But yet again thanks for pointing out to all of us that your the only one on this board that knows anything. And if my grammer is bot correct nobody gives a shit!!! Go Hawks nice win!

Just so everyone is aware I posted that people should learn the rules of wrestling and this is the reply that I got. But somehow I’m wrong and the jackass. Right.
I never called you a jackass and I pointed out the rule also but some “Rules” are not always called properly and that is clearly one of them.

I respect you, TNT, and I don't consider you a whiner at all, but there's a big difference between a realist and a whiner. I think we all understand that if we're being honest. And there's been a lot of whining on the board lately. Over the top negativity to the point that it's just counterproductive. I'm all for realism, but beating a dead horse of negativity to the point that it turns to glue serves no purpose except to turn people off. And while it may not make or break recruiting, I have no doubt that recruits and their parents do read the board, and it certainly can't be helpful.

WWDM, I was not necessarily including myself in the whiner category, just having some fun with it. I will include myself in the realist category though. I try to stay positive, although I have my lapses (like last Fri night). I would love to go to CF tomorrow and watch Mr. Lee and several of the other guys going there, but I'm still apprehensive about pulling shirts, for medical reasons, and because I think it is a waste this year. That is not being negative, just realistic. Without injuries in Happy Valley and Columbus, third is about our best hope this year (and they ARE possible), but we'd need to move bodies, and pull shirts and risk injuries to do it, and I believe we have legitimate title chances the next few years. I'm not saying we'll be the favorites, but we'll be in the hunt.

As I stated the other day, I'm not a fair weather fan, or doomsayer, but I want the best decisions to be made, as I'm sure they will be, for the athletes and the future of the team, including recruiting.

I really doubt this board has a big effect on recruiting (not as much as Flo anyway). If these boards would have been around back in my day, I wouldn't have been so insecure as to need to read what people were saying about me, and would have advised my parents to stay off them as well.

Last edited:
I never called you a jackass and I pointed out the rule also but some “Rules” are not always called properly and that is clearly one of them.
I just dont understand why you constantly need to justify yourself are you really short or something. Sorry I could not resist but you did call me an Imbecile

I fear I might have pointed someone out as a Jackass .... I can't recall who or when - Maybe last week? I can't be sure

Reactions: el dub

It is called far, far more often than 0.1% of the time as you claimed and the officials are drilled on this concept annually. It was the right call, plain and simple, despite your claims about how wrong I am.

I just dont understand why you constantly need to justify yourself are you really short or something. Sorry I could not resist but you did call me an Imbecile

Truth. But you can’t take the high ground after what you said to me and about me.

Also, I’m not short but I do have a small penis. Except when I see @SansSouci ’s wife, of course.

My wife asked me about her. lol. She was like, so that is the camera girl? I was like, yeah. Good stuff happens to good people

UnlikeTerry..........the Camera Girl..........Bless her Soul........knows how to Dress.

Black & Gold. Whoo Hoo.........
hippie4.gif

Someone needs to talk to her about her Blue Bubble Gum though.
sigh.gif

Last edited:
K. You can do what everyone is doing and write it off. The possibility is there. Is it a high possibility? No. But it definitely exists. OSU and PSU are both battle injuries with returning champs as well.

For people to write off a team with Lee, Sorensen, Kem, Marinell, PD3, Stoll, Warner in the line up is crazzzzzy to me.

OSU and PSU would still be heavy favorites. I just don't get the insistence that Iowa couldn't be competitive in the team race this season. All depends on if Lee and Warner want to and are ready to go this year. If they are both healthy and eager to go, why the fk hold them back.

Let me ask you this Spooner, do you think it's more likely that PSU repeats with 5 champs or gets less than 5 champs this season? My money is on <5.

1000% with you, Vodka.

UnlikeTerry..........the Camera Girl..........Bless her Soul........knows how to Dress.

Black & Gold. Whoo Hoo.........
hippie4.gif

Someone needs to talk to her about her Blue Bubble Gum though.
sigh.gif

Pics please, we'd all like to be fashion judges

My comment was on another level?

You don't see any outcome of the Iowa team I mentioned winning a title this year? Of course OSU and PSU would still be the favorites. I don't get the insistence that there is no chance Iowa could win this year.
Vodka, I think that lineup would definitely score over 100 points, maybe 120. If we all agree that means there's a slight chance we'd win, will that make you happy?

Considering that the venues are different...one being twice the size of the other.

Reactions: Huck
People need to learn the rules. The outside circle is a cylinder. If any body part is within the cylinder a wrestler is still in bounds. This has been the rule for years.

Thank you SPOONER and others for clarifying this rule. I, like many others, are so used to guys crawling out of bounds and the other guy struggling to keep a toe in that we were not clear on the cylinder thingy.

When I saw all 4 feet out of bounds, I thought Oh-Oh. Now it all makes sense. The ref was in perfect position to see the feet......AND whatever part of Gunthers body was still in bounds.

Now if someone can just forward this discussion to Goodale and his Jersey boys because they obviously didn't understand the rule either.
290.gif

Reactions: Dagboi
First off, I want to thank everyone for their responses, whether helpful or not, to my "Friday Dilemma". Between putting my parents to bed at 7 PM and flying to New Jersey today, it was good stuff.

Artradley was asking about the premise and as a retort I would say that when I am home alone with my parents, since I am no longer a teenager, I tend to interact with them. That is normal. If you have a relationship where relatives visit your house and you are the only one there and you go hide in your room, then you are not going to understand my dilemma. In fact that sounds a lot like a Boo Radley move.

El dub- Head lice would have worked. Seriously, that is gold.. That would have kept them away but then you have to trust the 17 yr. old daughter (no pics) to not to rat you out.

Sans- they are indeed from NEIA, in fact according to the Des Moines Register in 2006, my mom grew up in Iowa’s most remote place.

“Fake my own death”- AFHawk but how long can I keep that up?

Tailgate Tom had some interesting back to back posts (and I’m familiar enough with HROT to understand your 12:52 AM post) to which Edgar summarized nicely “Hallmark to Wal Mart”

Shifty, the Halloween act may not work as my parents are in the house but I’m saving that for next Oct.

rival_me- our mutual friend who is “awesome” was amused with your post.

Among the helpful ideas:
Ih8iast8 suggested earbuds and that is going to be very helpful. EWCEW60- I couldn’t bribe my daughter to stay home, but I my brothers have been incentivized (Toppling Goliath at Christmas anyone?) to call our mother between the hours of 7-9 and keep her occupied.

In the end, my parents arrived just when my daughter got home from school and they made Kringle, played a few games, and bought dinner. They are truly wonderful people and don’t deserve to have a son who makes an entire thread complaining about their visit. In fairness, the son is partially Irish and if you don’t complain about or make fun of your relatives on a monthly basis, you have to turn in your “Kiss Me, I’m Irish” shirt at the next meeting. So, as much as I would like to have hid under a blanket and ignored them, I’m going to give the whole wrestling PBP a try but before she left, my daughter set up the calendar on the computer and my mom is going to be working on putting pictures in. I could see a lot of interuptions.

WrestleStat Prediction: Rutgers over Iowa 24 - 12

125: (WrestleStat Prediction) Nick Suriano over Justin Stickley TF 20 - 3

133: Scott DelVecchio over Phillip Laux 7 - 5

141: Mike Van Brill over Vincent Turk 8 - 6

149: Brandon Sorensen over Eleazar DeLuca MD 11 - 3

157: Michael Kemerer over Richie Lewis 10 - 5

165: John Van Brill over Alex Marinelli 7 - 4

174: Jordan Pagano over Joey Gunther 6 - 5

184: Nicholas Gravina over Mitch Bowman MD 12 – 2

197: Kevin Mulligan over Cash Wilcke 6 - 5

285: Sam Stoll over Razohnn Gross TF 18 - 3

Just an FYI, I'm 60, so I don't go to my room like a teenager. I just assumed that since this wasn't really a social visit, and it was last minute, they would understand if you had already made some plans and had to abandon them for a couple of hours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT