ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa sets aside almost $180 million for year two of voucher program

Im all for the policy as written. FTR.

Sounds like something a self absorbed, me-first, selfish prick would say. Tell us more about your meager beginnings.

150923-gelb-telling-stories-tease_y9xxro

Everybody should have a chance. Sometimes you get hit with both ends of the shitstick. It sucks but that's life. Heavy emphasis on life.

I just can't believe they brag about a billion dollar surplus and then are giving an 8th of it away in one year to people who aren't truly in need.
I believe it is mostly a reallocation from public to private. With that said, I agree schools will raise tuition costs, price out the families who ESA's are intended to help, and continue to reject students and families that do not fit the profile they target.

interesting take...Milton Friedman should give back his nobel prize. Your insights on inflation are earth shattering. Thank you for enlightening the rest of us on the power of our governor to create money out of thin air.
Friedman was a fraud. Sorry…he was “popular” because Reagan acknowledged his work endorsed his philosophies. Like most economists, that does not mean he was correct.

Friedman was a fraud. Sorry…he was “popular” because Reagan acknowledged his work endorsed his philosophies. Like most economists, that does not mean he was correct.
We can save the debate about Friedman for another day...

...I did re-read your post that I replied to. I think I misunderstood your point. If your point was ESA credits are inflationary for private school tuition (separating it from all other inflation) within a vacuum, then I do agree with you. Private schools are going to raise tuition costs. No doubt in my mind about that.

As a parent who sent my child to a private school I was strictly against the voucher program. I’m not rich and budgeted accordingly to make it happen. This could have possibly been stopped by voting out Kim. Those that voted for her shouldn’t be complaining about the voucher program, you actually voted for it.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
I’m sure Pella Christian is willing to take in more kids from Lacey, Beacon, Oskaloosa, , Knoxville, etc. To meet the needs of poor rural kids surrounding them.
They’ll take the cash and then develop a secondary school for all those below a certain inco…. Wait, I mean, all those kids who can’t pay attention in class very well.

We can save the debate about Friedman for another day...

...I did re-read your post that I replied to. I think I misunderstood your point. If your point was ESA credits are inflationary for private school tuition (separating it from all other inflation) within a vacuum, then I do agree with you. Private schools are going to raise tuition costs. No doubt in my mind about that.
Exactly. Again…don’t bullshit a bullshitter. This grift of tax money to religion is not only unconstitutional, it is itself, inflationary. .
Only a Republican could run a grift like this in Iowa and get it passed. And I sincerely mean this..

Reactions: Tom Paris
Exactly. Again…don’t bullshit a bullshitter. This grift of tax money to religion is not only unconstitutional, it is itself, inflationary. .
Only a Republican could run a grift like this in Iowa and get it passed. And I sincerely mean this..
If you are saying it is inflationary across anything outside of private school tuition, then I am back to saying you need to set your ego and emotions aside and study up on economics.

If you are saying it is inflationary limited to private school tuition, then just accept we are in agreement. Everything else is just pompousness on your part.

If you are saying it is inflationary across anything outside of private school tuition, then I am back to saying you need to set your ego and emotions aside and study up on economics.

If you are saying it is inflationary limited to private school tuition, then just accept we are in agreement. Everything else is just pompousness on your part.
It is inflationary to private school tuition!
You libs just can't fathom school choice.
this “Lib” can fathom “Separation of church and state” however……The United States has has “School choice” for its citizens ever since the nation was founded. I believe living by the standards of the Constitution are far more important than sacrificing its meaning for your personal benefit.

It is inflationary to private school tuition!

this “Lib” can fathom “Separation of church and state” however……The United States has has “School choice” for its citizens ever since the nation was founded. I believe living by the standards of the Constitution are far more important than sacrificing its meaning for your personal benefit.
You don't even know the basis and meaning of "separation of church and state" as usual libs such as you misconstrue the intent.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
As a parent who sent my child to a private school I was strictly against the voucher program. I’m not rich and budgeted accordingly to make it happen. This could have possibly been stopped by voting out Kim. Those that voted for her shouldn’t be complaining about the voucher program, you actually voted for it.

Quite the simplistic take. An overwhelming percentage of the electorate is not driven by a single issue.

• Haha
Sorry mouth breather you would have never academically qualified for a private school.
What private school did you attend? Did you graduate?

Keep in mind private pre-school does not count. Not that I think you could graduate from there either.

If you're mad about the money spent on the program this year, you may not want to pay attention next year. The Income restrictions will be removed for year 3.

We will have another 10 threads on this next year, should be a good time.

If you're mad about the money spent on the program this year, you may not want to pay attention next year. The Income restrictions will be removed for year 3.

I can tell the future…here’s Iowa’s numpty R’s in those threads.

200w.gif

Yes, come 2025-2026 school year we will see how many leave public schools for private schools. I understand not all private schools in Iowa are Catholic schools, but the Catholic schools are going to put on a "full-court press" to improve their sports facilities. This money will have to come from donors, not taxpayers.

• Haha
This I disagree with.
I'm listening...

...my thought is ESAs will not lead to an increase in private schools. the families that have a choice will be limited to areas that already have a private school. I hope I am wrong. I would like to see every community have a choice.

I'm listening...

...my thought is ESAs will not lead to an increase in private schools. the families that have a choice will be limited to areas that already have a private school. I hope I am wrong. I would like to see every community have a choice.

Nordy thinks private schools are going to be popping up all over BFE Ioway.

ray-liotta-laughing.gif

Sorry but you cant be taken seriously with any education discussion. You didnt even pause to do any research when you claimed no background checks were required of teachers. Move to another thread please and let the adults talk. You have nothing of value to offer here given your prior lies/inaccuracies.
A friend of mine temp worked at a catholic school for a week and a half with no background check.

The Fort Wayne, Indiana catholic churches and schools went on a building spree once parishioner and diocese money was no longer need to subsidize tuition due to the Indiana voucher program. They called it a "capital campaign success" as well.

Yes, come 2025-2026 school year we will see how many leave public schools for private schools. I understand not all private schools in Iowa are Catholic schools, but the Catholic schools are going to put on a "full-court press" to improve their sports facilities. This money will have to come from donors, not taxpayers.
For 25-26, it isn't about people leaving public schools. That was part of the initial law, anyone transferring from a public school or incoming kindergarten were allowed to participate in ESA regardless of income.
In 25-26, all families who were part of the private school already and paying their way can participate in ESA. This is the part where most against the law really are mad. Zero income restrictions will exist.
More "rich people" will have more money being the biggest argument.
Rich people being in quotes is due to the subjectivity of the term.
I personally think public schools need more backing when dealing with troubled children. Lack of discipline from parents and ability for public schools to really enforce much is a big issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT