ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Weiskamp commits class of 2018

Great news. Yes, Weiskamp was first offered by Iowa State, we had him in for a visit and offered shortly after. UNI offered recently as well. A very talented player and good to see we continue to bring in the best talent the state produces.

Good get for iowa. Really ood player. Te fact that he had sued with Connor and patrick is good so I am sure thy have chemistry on te court.

I'm really loving what I'm seeing here for pieces coming in late this decade! Nice having Fran's boys me stud hoops players and who can also recruit players to come play for us. Love Iowa being back on top again soon. Go Hawks! We have the top 2016/2017 and now 2018 prospect from state committed.

Still crazy to me that a Freshman is already that good to get offers and commit like that.

I have a freshman and he can barely keep his head out of his butt.
Different circumstances, but how old was Horner when he committed? He was a freshman as well I think. I agree, it's amazing kids being thought of highly enough to warrant scholarship offers, let alone verbally committing. A long time till signing day, but I have a good (or should I say "ood") feeling :p.

Yeah, i know that is the game and everyone is doing it, but definitely is crazy.

To even have a 15 year old thinking let alone committing to a college is nuts.

Most parents with children that age are just trying to survive the adolescent stuff yet.

Yeah, i know that is the game and everyone is doing it, but definitely is crazy.

Most parents with children that age are just trying to survive the adolescent stuff yet.

It's not crazy for an instate kid. If we're talking some random from the coast with no ties to Iowa? That'd be crazy for sure.

Excited to get the commitment.. it certainly is early in the process but it sounds like he is a hawk fan and an excellent player

Really happy to see this commit. Everything you read is that kid is the real deal. No doubt that many more offers would have come his way.

Ohio State got a commitment from Dane Goodman (2018) on 10-25-2014. Currently there are nine other offers to class of 2018 kids from Big Ten schools. It isn't entirely a rare thing anymore. But crazy? Yes. Iowa has an offer out to Nazreon Reed (2018), we are one of twelve schools to offer the kid so far.

3 more years to grow too. kid could a 6'6 shooting guard when it's all said and done. Future looks really bright for the hawks.

So far I think that Fran has commitments from the top Iowa player in 2016- Cordell Pemsl, the top 2017 player in Connor McCaffrey, and now the top 2018 player in Joe. What I like about Joe Weiskamp is that he apparently is a lights-out shooter, which the Hawks can always use! So we have a 2016 bear around the boards, a great 2017 tall playmaker, and a super 2018 heads-up shooter. I'm happy. Now let's bring on some "trees," another great 2016 guard, and the best players available with some size.

More length and more shooting. Me likey.

Good get for Fran. He continues to build.

Fran pimpin' it on the recruiting trail. Good to see. Go Hawks!

Last Muskie to play for the Hawks, I believe was the great Murray "wizard" Wier.

Happy Joe is a Hawk. Kid can really shoot.

Bobby Knight got a commitment from an 8th grader, but I can't remember his name.

Last Muskie to play for the Hawks, I believe was the great Murray "wizard" Wier.

Happy Joe is a Hawk. Kid can really shoot.

actually I think I read that Brandon Welsch is his high school coach. he was a walkon at the same time as Jason Bauer in the mid-late 90s.

So far I think that Fran has commitments from the top Iowa player in 2016- Cordell Pemsl, the top 2017 player in Connor McCaffrey, and now the top 2018 player in Joe. What I like about Joe Weiskamp is that he apparently is a lights-out shooter, which the Hawks can always use! So we have a 2016 bear around the boards, a great 2017 tall playmaker, and a super 2018 heads-up shooter. I'm happy. Now let's bring on some "trees," another great 2016 guard, and the best players available with some size.
I'd say we have a lead for the top 2019 player too. :)

Reactions: Gutt15
I've seen him play. He is a really good player. Long way to signing day however. But I love that Fran is getting the best in-state players, now need to mix in other state's best players to get even better!

I've seen him play. He is a really good player. Long way to signing day however. But I love that Fran is getting the best in-state players, now need to mix in other state's best players to get even better!
This one doesn't pass the sniff test for a defection for some reason. The kid has always wanted to be a Hawk. Had some other good offers with more to come most likely. Not concerned in the least that this kid pulls a "Piersbacher". .................. (unless the wheels completely fall off the Hawkeye Basketball Bus, which isn't likely IMO).

Glad to have the young man aboard. Congrats to him and his family. Pretty big deal.

I am not going to go overboard with excitement just yet. The Hawks have what, 125 plus basketball games to play before this kid steps on the floor as an Iowa freshman?

Nice to keep the top homegrown talent in-state...... and beat ISU to boot. McCaffery is building some solid momentum now.

Reactions: bouma1415
actually I think I read that Brandon Welsch is his high school coach. he was a walkon at the same time as Jason Bauer in the mid-late 90s.

You are correct on both. Brandon is one of my good friends, has nothing but great things to say about Weiskamp. We got a good one boys....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT