ADVERTISEMENT

Juan Harris

CuttyDoesIt

HR Heisman
Dec 25, 2012
Apparently re "committed" today… if you could really use that word. He said "no comment" when asked if he is closing down his recruitment.

I have no problem with kids soaking up every minute of the recruiting experience. As a guy who went through it, it is an once in a lifetime experience. But what is the point of all these kids "committing" but still looking around ?

He is definitely one of those kids I will not count on until his signature is actually on the LOI. And I think the odds of that are pretty low - two more years to go in his recruitment.

Does he not realize the amount of grudge kf holds towards kids that do this. He won't see the field for 4 years after cheating on Kirk.

Originally posted by eddie4star:
Does he not realize the amount of grudge kf holds towards kids that do this. He won't see the field for 4 years after cheating on Kirk.
I was wondering how this would get turned on KF. Well done.

the issue was a family matter, there was a disagreement between his family about him committing so early, the issue was settled and the commit is firm. this was posted on TOS. but those that call this new staff lazy and can't recruit just hate the fact that the new RC landed a 2017 4* commit. by 247 as Rivals does not project that far out, as far as I know.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

the issue was a family matter, there was a disagreement between his family about him committing so early, the issue was settled and the commit is firm. this was posted on TOS. but those that call this new staff lazy and can't recruit just hate the fact that the new RC landed a 2017 4* commit. by 247 as Rivals does not project that far out, as far as I know.
A family disagreement which apparently led him to name favorites of Alabama, OSU, and Oregon?

This kid doesn't know what he wants, don't count on him coming to Iowa.

no he did not name those teams as FAVORITES, what he did say was that those schools are "SHOWING" INTEREST and "NOTHING" MORE.

Once again Kilroy you are wrong. He listed those schools as his favorites after decommitting from Iowa.

Here you go:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2319601-juan-harris-names-top-3-is-alabama-oregon-or-ohio-state-best-fit-for-4-star

1st the link doesn't work

2nd you use the least reliable source, to start another argument.

3rd this came from a Nationally recognized Service Scouting reporter, but hey you know everything about every recruit.

ps why do you Harris so much? is it because he committed to a staff that is lazy and "CAN'T" recruit as a SO?
This post was edited on 1/19 9:58 AM by Hawkeye2222

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

1st the link doesn't work

2nd you use the least reliable source, to start another argument.

3rd this came from a Nationally recognized Service Scouting reporter, but hey you know everything about every recruit.

ps why do you Harris so much? is it because he committed to a staff that is lazy and "CAN'T" recruit as a SO?
This post was edited on 1/19 9:58 AM by Hawkeye2222
1st, sorry about the link, but it is easily Googled.

2nd, leas reliable? Meh. There are worse places to get info. it's not a recruiting site but they know what they're doing.

3rd, I don't really post about what I know about recruits, and I have never claimed to be anything.

4th, "why do I Harris so much"? Is this a new verb I am not aware of?
This post was edited on 1/19 1:16 PM by CAHawk93

Originally posted by bagdropper:

I was surprised he didn't declare for the draft last weekend...
smile.r191677.gif

How would you like to be buying groceries for that chub? He'll probably be 420 by the time he gets out of high school.

Guido, you are by far the most fyckng hilarious person on the internet with all your clever rhetoric...................
You should start your own publishing company, like that one in France who everyone thought was 'killer'.......................................................................................................

I simply can't get excited about any recruiting until signing day. "Verbals" nowadays mean little. Sort of like telling the overweight cheerleader that, "yeah, we can probably meet up ..." Knowing that in reality you are keeping your options open for something better. Honestly, I can't imagine being a recruiter in today's 24/7 media/social-obsessed world we live in. High school kids being glorified on ESPN by which school hat they choose to put on. It's become a show. These kids are growing up in a social media driven world ... And several will change schools as often as you or I change our minds about what food to toss on the grill this weekend.

I don't blame kids for being flippant about their "verbal" commitments. It's the culture we created. Kids like to see their name on Twitter, or see their highlight videos on YouTube, etc. I like social media. I work in the world of communications and marketing. It just think too much attention is put on some of these kids by holding press conferences to announce they school they will attend ... And I get it, those press conferences are usually for the well sought-after players who ultimately, will never graduate from college (hello NFL, hello NBA).

Recruiting is still exciting. It's just overboard nowadays. When I see an 18 year old kid wearing a fancy suit, surrounded by a huge posse of people, with an ESPN camera in front of him ... and then the teasing of the audience to find the most creative way to announce my college of choice ... it's just overdone ...
This post was edited on 1/20 11:20 AM by DesMoinesHawki

Does anyone here know, what is the "realistic" change once someone verbally commits?

For example: If the recruit is receiving mail, daily (or more), from every Power 5 school....once they verbal, does that change? Does it increase? decrease?

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:

You should start your own publishing company, like that one in France who everyone thought was 'killer'.......................................................................................................
Whoa.

You are the guy complaining about forum rules?

actually the phrase was to include "HATE" . and yes some hate the Idea of the staff actually is improving the recruiting because they are so desperate about wanting KF fired.

as they know full well if the recruiting improve so does the winning and the chances of KF getting fired gets smaller and smaller, which they hate even more.

Why would anyone hate improvement? Yes, there's a lot of people, me included, that want Ferentz gone. But if he changes strategy, and improves recruiting, why is that a bad thing? Neither have been great, which is why there is a calling for a change at the helm.

since the problem with recruiting is the problem with the recruiting lies with the school itself and not one coach,, go back 110 years and look at the success or lack of in winning and you will understand why I support KF, outside of HF and KF Iowa has "NEVER" been as successful for this long in 1 stretch.

Evy had a 5 year run in the late 50's, Jones had a 3 year run from 1918- 1920 but again NOBODY went as long as HF and KF have and you people want to fire the 2nd winningest coach in the history of Iowa FB because you "THINK" he "MIGHT" do better,
chairshot.r191677.gif

I wonder if he did the ol' Hat Dance each time he committed to Iowa. Did he have the Oregon, OSU, etc hats all aligned up on the kitchen table and suddenly pull the Iowa hat out from under the table when he made the announcement?
Or did he go all Harrison Barnes and Skype with ol' KF with his chums and teammates in the background?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT