ADVERTISEMENT

What was the greatest day of your life?

BrianNole777

HR All-American
Jan 27, 2023
When I was 7 years old, my Aunt (no pics) got a small fluffy white dog. My brother and I were obsessed with her and I asked my Dad every night for a year if we could get our own dog. My parent's owned a crazy Cocker Spaniel and Dalmatian they had to re-home years earlier so they weren't too keen on getting another dog.

Fast forward to one summer later. I was at my parent's beach house in Delaware with two friends and my Dad drove down.

Everyone was outside and I walked out. My Dad was holding a blue leash attached to an adult Collie that looked just like Lassie. I was shocked. I asked him: "What is that?" He said: "He's your new dog."

I was so shocked I went inside and vomited in the bathroom. 😆

When I was 7 years old, my Aunt (no pics) got a small fluffy white dog. My brother and I were obsessed with her and I asked my Dad every night for a year if we could get our own dog. My parent's owned a crazy Cocker Spaniel and Dalmatian they had to re-home years earlier so they weren't too keen on getting another dog.

Fast forward to one summer later. I was at my parent's beach house in Delaware with two friends and my Dad drove down.

Everyone was outside and I walked out. My Dad was holding a blue leash attached to an adult Collie that looked just like Lassie. I was shocked. I asked him: "What is that?" He said: "He's your new dog."

I was so shocked I went inside and vomited in the bathroom. 😆

The greatest day of your life was when you were in elementary school?

Not sure I have ever actually awarded a clear #1, but some of my top 5 include:

1. My birthday in Montepulciano, Italy, year uncertain. Began the day with a guided bike tour starting in Pienza, up over a hilltop town and down the valley, stopping at Sant' Antimo monastery (peaceful!) and then up to Montalcino where we ate a huge lunch of antipasti and drank brunello, rest at home then back to montalcino for a fantastic dinner al fresco among the cedars at poggio antico with tuscan beef.
2. Moscow 1985 - we'd not had hot water in our hotel for a week, and our instructors took pity on us by taking us to a high end (party) sauna. Sweated out the stuff, drank beer, and when we came out, all the girls were glowing. Dinner at the hotel Metropol, followed by Swan Lake at the Bolshoi.
3. Hiking up to the Plain of the Five Glaciers in Lake Louise, Canada.
4. Going to the O's Phils world series with my uncle charlie, and him taking us to watch the clinching game from the owners party/box, seated next to the great Joe Dimaggio.

Most of the "usual" (ie, family oriented) things are more in the top moments category rather than top days - wedding, the first night my baby daughter fell asleep in my arms, the moment my daughter was announced as the winner in her first therapeutic horse riding event and her eyes lit up, reading the "thanks dad" card my son left me when he went off to college.

Had to really give it some thought. I'm leaving out anything family related.

Within a 24 hour period I saw Incubus perform at Red Rocks, and then the next morning went to an old mining town about 45 mins outside of Denver and spent the day hiking in the mountains. That was one hell of a 24 hour time span.

Most recently, I went to a Sevendust concert back in December. They've been my favorite band since I was like 15 years old. I was getting some food and a beer at a bar next to the venue, trying to kill time before I check into my hotel. I was watching the Penn State bowl game, and 2 guys come and sit next to me at the bar. It was Morgan Rose (drummer) and Clint Lowery (guitarist) from Sevendust. I introduced myself, and we sat there watching football for about 15 minutes while they waited for their food orders. At one point Clint had his phone out, and played an unreleased song and mentioned it was the first song they had ever recorded together back in the 90's but never put it on an album. Incredibly friendly guys and definitely something I'll never forget. Part of me wishes I would have asked for a picture, but I also didn't want to be "that" grown ass man that asks a celebrity to take a picture while they're out in public.

Had to really give it some thought. I'm leaving out anything family related.

Within a 24 hour period I saw Incubus perform at Red Rocks, and then the next morning went to an old mining town about 45 mins outside of Denver and spent the day hiking in the mountains. That was one hell of a 24 hour time span.

Most recently, I went to a Sevendust concert back in December. They've been my favorite band since I was like 15 years old. I was getting some food and a beer at a bar next to the venue, trying to kill time before I check into my hotel. I was watching the Penn State bowl game, and 2 guys come and sit next to me at the bar. It was Morgan Rose (drummer) and Clint Lowery (guitarist) from Sevendust. I introduced myself, and we sat there watching football for about 15 minutes while they waited for their food orders. At one point Clint had his phone out, and played an unreleased song and mentioned it was the first song they had ever recorded together back in the 90's but never put it on an album. Incredibly friendly guys and definitely something I'll never forget. Part of me wishes I would have asked for a picture, but I also didn't want to be "that" grown ass man that asks a celebrity to take a picture while they're out in public.

That's a good one.

Raging to Led Zeppelin cover bands has been fun for me.

The day I figured out what my dingaling did.

Absolutely glorious.
cd79603a-6488-4eb5-817e-007bdc99891a_text.gif

@BrianNole777 I still want to hear the details of your conversion story. Care to share?

It's a long story but I was always interested in the meaning and purpose to life and became a nihilist for years into Nietszche, Schopenhauer and Camus then read Pascal, Aquinas and Augustine and thought if we live in a state of grace, we are going to Heaven so I try to live more like Mother Teresa compared to Jean Paul Sartre. :)

It's a long story but I was always interested in the meaning and purpose to life and became a nihilist for years into Nietszche, Schopenhauer and Camus then read Pascal, Aquinas and Augustine and thought if we live in a state of grace, we are going to Heaven so I try to live more like Mother Teresa compared to Jean Paul Sartre. :)
IIRC, you mentioned some kind of major life experience as well. Understand if you don't want to share.

Reactions: BrianNole777
The day that after all of the steaming, carpet shampooing, ozone, and enzyme treatments finally for the smell of spilled milk out of my car.

That sounds amazing!

Spilled milk is the worst. I spilled a bunch on my shirt in high school and it reeked.

CSB.

Reactions: Moral
October 15,1964. Bob Gibson pitching on two days of rest wins the 7th game of the World Series over the Evil Empire known as the NY Yankees. Gibson pitched 27 innings and had 31 strikeouts in 3 starts. The Yankee dynasty was ended and the Yankees signed Cardinal manager Johnny Keane over the winter. " If you can't beat 'em steal their manager. "

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT