ADVERTISEMENT

LaPorta ONLY ROOKIE TE in NFL History w/ 70 Catches/700 Yds/8 TDs in a Season. Broke Lions' 55 Yr Old Record for Most Catches in a Season by Rookie TE

Did he just tear a ligament? The knee isn’t supposed to bend like that.

GDQ5T6UW4AAE6p-

probably done for playoffs. Lions fun to watch with LaPorta and Campbell. Nelson still an OT on Lions.?

Hyperextended knee and bone bruise …out indefinitely :(

Am I wrong thinking that actually sounds less serious than presumed, or at least something that may not effect his longer career as much as a surgery? Misses playoffs, but good news for the longer outlook, yeah?

I think the key thing is that there were no torn ligaments.....

any time you can avoid surgery that is a great thing

why is he not in any discussions I have heard for offensive rookie of the year. seems bizarre

I think mostly because CJ Stroud had such a great season.

CJ's stats:
15 Games Played (and started)
4,108 Yards
63.9% Completion
23 Passing TDs
3 Rushing TDs
5 INTs
100.8 QB rating

For Fantasy Football players, Sam was the MVP.

Reactions: HFan1981
Just look at the recent Iowa TEs. The obvious play makers as they display in the NFL. But we needed to throw more to our WRs!
This is why I don't understand why we just don't recruit WRs that can project to TE. Get big fast kids with good hands. They will have size advantage over DB. Stronger blockers. Outjump DBs. As they get stronger,bigger move to TE. Iowa is TE U..take advantage of it.

@LaQuintaHawkeye shared above that the initial diagnosis was a hyperextension and bone bruise. Somehow it appears that his ligaments were spared (keep your fingers crossed).

It will be interesting to see how long he's out.
I should, but don’t, read all the posts so info does sneak by me. I’ve had the hyperextended left knee twice so I know what that feels like. Not fun.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Probably true but I’m thinking his name is in that conversation.
Yeah, but then Gibbs is in the discussion as well. Stroud led his team to the playoffs, Houston was garbage last year, and Nacua broke the receptions and yard mark for rookie WR.

Not bad for a guy that Iowa law said wasn’t good enough
Wouldn't have 5 catches on the year.......

And he said it in complete seriousness. It wasn't one of his hot take troll write-ups meant to garner reactions.

He truly believed that little of LaPorta.

Arguably one of the biggest fails in terms of predictions in the history of this site, and the best part is in that same post he talked about his hatred for women playing sports and how Caitlin Clark wasn't good enough to lead Iowa to a Final Four.

@IowasLaw

I'm a Bears fan. But now turning into a Lions fan due to the Iowa connection. La Porta looks like he may become a NFL superstar.

The playoffs are going to be a lot of fun. Kittle and the 49'ers and Linderbaum/Geno Stone and the Ravens will be hard to beat.

The Lions had a great 2023 NFL Draft. For you Bears fans, for your sake, I hope the Bears have a good 2024 Draft and make the right choices with those incredible draft picks. That @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset Vikings fan wants the Bears to fail miserably, of course. ;)

The playoffs are going to be a lot of fun. Kittle and the 49'ers and Linderbaum/Geno Stone and the Ravens will be hard to beat.

The Lions had a great 2023 NFL Draft. For you Bears fans, for your sake, I hope the Bears have a good 2024 Draft and make the right choices with those incredible draft picks. That @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset Vikings fan wants the Bears to fail miserably, of course. ;)
I just want the rest of the division to wait their turn, and let the Vikings win a Super Bowl first.

Then I can have all the fun in the world interacting with Packers and Bears trolls on the interwebz. :cool:

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT