ADVERTISEMENT

Little brother not so little anymore?

Again Iowa sales are down just as sales are down across the nation. They are even down at schools with a lot more tradition than Iowa such as Michigan. I don't see why this is so hard for you to grasp.

I also find it hilarious that isu sells season tickets for $175 while Iowa has 3 game mini packs selling for close to the same. Should Iowa count those as season tickets sales? Hey maybe we can get a thermometer to show just how successful our discounted tickets are selling. Then we can have fans that can't think for themselves call it great marketing.

Or am I not reading you correctly tazz?
Can't answer the questions can you. I find it hilariously hypocritical that you demand people answer your questions yet run like a little bitch when asked a question

1. Are you claiming reduced season ticket sales have nothing to do with apathy from fans?
  2. Where can I get these $99 tickets

1. I said last year
  2. What do you consider recent history?

Again if isu is so great why do they discount season tickets to the general public at all? Seems to me all they have really done is reduce their revenue for the sake of trumpeting a volume number.

A sure sign of a Marketing Genius!

Yet the $175 tickets exist. Should Iowa claim each every 3 game packaged sold as a season ticket since the cost for those packages are similar? Better yet not only should we count those discounted packages but then we should use a hokey thermometer to show just how well our discounted sales are going. As we all know from isu fans that keep telling us that is just great Marketing and an AD who truly "knows" his market.
So if you were the iSU AD what would you charge for ticket price?

And yes, Jaimie has done a great job. His pricing strategy has maximized revenue for a very poor product. It has created a great gameday atmosphere and it has led to stadium expansions. Not sure why you have an issue with this.

Again if isu is so great why do they discount season tickets to the general public at all? Seems to me all they have really done is reduce their revenue for the sake of trumpeting a volume number.

A sure sign of a Marketing Genius!
Please tell me how they reduced their revenue.

Can't answer the questions can you. I find it hilariously hypocritical that you demand people answer your questions yet run like a little bitch when asked a question

1. Are you claiming reduced season ticket sales have nothing to do with apathy from fans?

1. I am claiming sales at Iowa are down and Iowa isn't unique in that even compared to schools such as Michigan. You are the one leaping to the conclusion that it is fan apathy that is the single cause.

2. Again be it $99.00 or $175.00 a discounted season ticket to the general public is a discounted ticket. Iowa doesn't sacrifice revenue to tout a meaningless volume figure like isu. I continue to be amazed that this concept is so difficult for isu fans to comprehend.

1. I am claiming sales at Iowa are down and Iowa isn't unique in that even compared to schools such as Michigan. You are the one leaping to the conclusion that it is fan apathy that is the single cause.

2. Again be it $99.00 or $175.00 a discounted season ticket to the general public is a discounted ticket. Iowa doesn't sacrifice revenue to tout a meaningless volume figure like isu. I continue to be amazed that this concept is so difficult for isu fans to comprehend.

iowa has been touting fake sell outs for a long time.

Simple it was takes more than two discounted

At $175 isu needs to sell 2 season tickets to the one Iowa sells at $395. Simple math tells me they can do it with a smaller stadium.

So again isu discounts season tickets which reduces revenue but trumpets a meaningless volumes figure and clone fans buy it hook line and sinker.

iowa has been touting fake sell outs for a long time.

So has isu. isu manipulates how many hillside seats they have to tout their meaningless volume numbers.

Especially when it just isn't true.

Well then by all means taz tell us what other schools have a coach go 3-9 in his 5th year and follow that up with a 2-10 result and doesn't get fired because he beat Big Brother. I meaning if it isn't true then there must be a long list of other schools that do as isu. Care to share this list with us?

Let's see if you can answer this one. Again my bet is nope.

Last edited:
Simple it was takes more than two discounted

At $175 isu needs to sell 2 season tickets to the one Iowa sells at $395. Simple math tells me they can do it with a smaller stadium.

So again isu discounts season tickets which reduces revenue but trumpets a meaningless volumes figure and clone fans buy it hook line and sinker.
Can't answer the question can you

• Are you claiming reduced season ticket sales have nothing to do with apathy from fans?
  • Where can I get these $99 tickets

You are assuming they could sell the tickets. If the stadium was sold out you would have a point.

iowa has won more and has a more consistent product, it stands to reason they could get more per ticket. Not sure what you think Clone fans are buying. If iSu was charging $395 for corner endzone tickets, they would not sell. Especially prior to the SEZ as half of those would be in grass.

It is called understanding your market, market share, and maximizing revenue. Did you get a degree from the Henry B Tippie school of business?

Last edited:
So has isu. isu manipulates how many hillside seats they have to tout their meaningless volume numbers.
You are the one getting their panties in a bunch about iSu touting manipulated numbers...I understand it happens everywhere.

Well then by all means taz tell us what other schools have a coach go 3-9 in his 5th year and follow that up with a 2-10 result and doesn't get fired because he beat Big Brother. I meaning if it isn't true then there must be a long list of other schools that do as isu. Care to share this list with us?

Let's see if you can answer this one. Again my bet is nope.

Please tell me what years iowa was better and yet lost the game. I see 02' and possibly 07' as two years where one could have considered iowa the better team.

beating iowa has nothing to do with it but go ahead and think it does.

If they are meaningless then why do you get your panties in a bunch about the numbers? Shouldnt a school maximize their revenue.

Since you are so critical, let's go with your marketing and business acumen. another question that I know you won't answer. I will make it big and bold so you can read it.

In your business model, how much should iSu charge for a season ticket?

Can't answer the question can you

• Are you claiming reduced season ticket sales have nothing to do with apathy from fans?
  • Where can I get these $99 tickets

You are assuming they could sell the tickets. If the stadium was sold out you would have a point.

iowa has won more and has a more consistent product, it stands to reason they could get more per ticket. Not sure what you think Clone fans are buying. If iSu was charging $395 for corner endzone tickets, they would not sell. Especially prior to the SEZ as half of those would be in grass.

It is called understanding your market, market share, and maximizing revenue. Did you get a degree from the PapaJohns school of business?

Winner, Winner chicken dinner a clone fan is so close to grasping this he can almost taste it.

isu sells at a lower level than Iowa because they are FORCED TO. If they were as great as they think they are they would out do Iowa in every way shape and form. Sadly they can't and in fact their "little brother syndrome" won't allow them to see it.

Does this stop the "little brother syndrome"? Nope this thread proves my point over and over and over and over again.

Keep up the great work Taz.

Please tell me what years iowa was better and yet lost the game. I see 02' and possibly 07' as two years where one could have considered iowa the better team.

beating iowa has nothing to do with it but go ahead and think it does.

Sure it does. Winning the Super Bowl is what isu fans live for. Same as isu players, coaches and AD.

Oh and only an isu fan would consider a 2-10 team better than a 7-5 team but hey don't let facts get in the way of your "little brother syndrome".

If they are meaningless then why do you get your panties in a bunch about the numbers? Shouldnt a school maximize their revenue.

Since you are so critical, let's go with your marketing and business acumen. another question that I know you won't answer. I will make it big and bold so you can read it.

In your business model, how much should iSu charge for a season ticket?

If isu was as great as you claim then they wouldn't need to discount at all. This is hilarious. isu can't do what Iowa can therefore clone fans throw rocks at Iowa.

More please. Always entertaining.

Last edited:
LC, you missed my point which isn't a huge surprise. My comment was directed at the Iowa fans who vague posted about total revenue from tickets, telling them to just post the numbers rather than thinking someone else would look it up to prove their point.
So you're on my side? Good to hear. I am thinking of turning over a new leaf and being more tolerant, anyway.

Winner, Winner chicken dinner a clone fan is so close to grasping this he can almost taste it.

isu sells at a lower level than Iowa because they are FORCED TO. If they were as great as they think they are they would out do Iowa in every way shape and form. Sadly they can't and in fact their "little brother syndrome" won't allow them to see it.

Does this stop the "little brother syndrome"? Nope this thread proves my point over and over and over and over again.

Keep up the great work Taz.
When has anyone said any different? Congrats you just won an argument with yourself. iSu has had a historically poor football product. I don't think anyone claims any different. because of that, you have to build interest and build the program.

Lots of back and forth going on here. Back to the original topic of if lil brother not so lil any more. I am a Hawk fan and former season ticket holder who's had it with Kirk and his staff. Got real tired the last few years of spending big money to go to the games and just be pissed for the whole weekend. This year I dropped. You can go scalp a ticket for (literally) 5 bucks. 5 dollars and you can go watch the Hawks play Wisconsin. Thats what I sold two tickets for at Badger game last year. Everyone had tickets available to sell.
So my reply to the topic, is really not in regards to the Cyclones not being such a lil brother anymore ( I'm not impressed by what they are doing, they are the same ol Cyclones), but my point is the HAWKS aren't really the big bad older brother. REally more like the Clones, maybe even sorry little weak twin brothers??

When has anyone said any different? Congrats you just won an argument with yourself. iSu has had a historically poor football product. I don't think anyone claims any different. because of that, you have to build interest and build the program.

So if isu can't do what Iowa can then why are you and other clone fans throwing rocks at Iowa?

If isu was as great as you claim then they wouldn't need to discount at all. This is hilarious. isu can't do what Iowa can therefore clone fans throw rocks at Iowa.

More please. Always entertaining.
Can't answer questions above your pay grade can you?

1. So iowa's dip in season ticket sales has NOTHING to do with apathy?
  2. Where can I get these $99 tickets?
  3. What is your pricing structure for iSu football so they maximize revenue?
  4. What years were iowa better and iSu won?
Any idiot can make asinine claims and then fail to back up those claims. I don't think you are an idiot but maybe I am wrong.

Four simple questions. All fouryou have made claims that don't match. I am just looking for clarification from your brilliant mind

Sure it does. Winning the Super Bowl is what isu fans live for. Same as isu players, coaches and AD.

Oh and only an isu fan would consider a 2-10 team better than a 7-5 team but hey don't let facts get in the way of your "little brother syndrome".
I know plenty of iowa fans who feel iSu was better. Some of them aren't renewing season tickets

So if isu can't do what Iowa can then why are you and other clone fans throwing rocks at Iowa?
Who is throwing rocks? Some people are trying to have an adult conversation about the direction of two football programs. There is only one poster using childish terms like "superbowl" and "little brother" and "big brother." There are more than one poster who is displaying apathy and disgust with the current state of the iowa football program

I know plenty of iowa fans who feel iSu was better. Some of them aren't renewing season tickets

Yep only at isu is 2-10 better than 7-5 as long as one of those wins is against Iowa.

More "little brother syndrome" pleas.

Who is throwing rocks? Some people are trying to have an adult conversation about the direction of two football programs. There is only one poster using childish terms like "superbowl" and "little brother" and "big brother." There are more than one poster who is displaying apathy and disgust with the current state of the iowa football program

There isn't any apathy or disgust at isu because 3-9 and 2-10 is more typical of your average isu football season.

There isn't any apathy or disgust at isu because 3-9 and 2-10 is more typical of your average isu football season.
There is apathy and disgust it is offset by excitement for expansion. Even then season ticket sales will be down.
More asinine claim that are not backed up by anything but liquid courage

I know. You are having a hard time aren't you.
Please explain where I have had a hard time. I have pretty much stayed on topic of the OP. Explained my statements, answered questions and have kept emotion out of it for the most part.
Could you please point to where I misinterpreted something or redirected? I will be happy to answer

There is apathy and disgust it is offset by excitement for expansion. Even then season ticket sales will be down.
More asinine claim that are not backed up by anything but liquid courage

So 5-19 is A OK for isu as long as there will new vacant seats to look at come late October.

Marketing genius up there in Ames. Add capacity for a 5-19 football team.

Please explain where I have had a hard time. I have pretty much stayed on topic of the OP. Explained my statements, answered questions and have kept emotion out of it for the most part.
Could you please point to where I misinterpreted something or redirected? I will be happy to answer

Holy F are you stupid. Do you think you are going to change his mind and vice versa. It is amazing how many times a clone fan comes over and gets into the same pissing match with 89 & 91/100 years. And yet after 2 pages of back and forth they still can't understand he's trolling with them.

Here's my advice go back over to Cyclone Fanatic where you can brag up your stadium renovations now and praise Jamie Pollard and his marketing dept to get people to come see crappy football for cheap prices.

Holy F are you stupid. Do you think you are going to change his mind and vice versa. It is amazing how many times a clone fan comes over and gets into the same pissing match with 89 & 91/100 years. And yet after 2 pages of back and forth they still can't understand he's trolling with them.

Here's my advice go back over to Cyclone Fanatic where you can brag up your stadium renovations now and praise Jamie Pollard and his marketing dept to get people to come see crappy football for cheap prices.

They can't help it. Their "little brother" syndrome won't allow it.

Entertaining just the same.

The picture doesn't do the parking lots justice.

LC's photo is a bit better.

Last edited:

Or I come around once every six months to see if JRhawk has changed names again and f#$%^ with him or her.

Don't go to CF. Too many immature guys like JRhawk/89&91

I usually do come around about this time of the year to see what hok fans are saying about the upcoming season. Plus it is boredom time on message board. Might as well come see how early jr/89&91 starts drinking

I don't think JWrong is trolling, in the classic sense. I think he's just dumber than a box of rocks and obsessed with Iowa State. It is, however, crazy to respond to him.

The picture doesn't do the parking lots justice.

LC's photo is a bit better.

Now that is a promo "iowa state university....Best Parking lots in the Big 12." No wait here is a better one "You may beat isu's football and Basketball teams but no one can beat their Parking lots."

Pollard the Marketing Genius should be all over this. Great billboard idea right Taz?

I don't think JWrong is trolling, in the classic sense. I think he's just dumber than a box of rocks and obsessed with Iowa State. It is, however, crazy to respond to him.

Wait now I am dumber than a box of rocks because clone fans can't argue with facts?

Will you be here all week LC? Of course you will. isu fans and their "little brother syndrome" can't do anything else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT