ADVERTISEMENT

Little brother not so little anymore?

So 5-19 is A OK for isu as long as there will new vacant seats to look at come late October.

Marketing genius up there in Ames. Add capacity for a 5-19 football team.
Add capacity, raise ticket prices, and maintain season ticket totals. Isn't that what you want? Higher prices and maintain ticket sales evene when all of college football is losing tickets sales? Sounds like marketing is working.

I'll still have fun.

Wait now I am dumber than a box of rocks because clone fans can't argue with facts?

Will you be here all week LC? Of course you will. isu fans and their "little brother syndrome" can't do anything else.
You are dumber than a box of rocks because you use past facts for current arguments. You are dumber than a box of rocks because you can't answer simple questions. You are dumber than a box of rocks because you can't saty on topic. you are dumber than a box of rocks because you are a child.....

You are dumber than a box of rocks because you use past facts for current arguments. You are dumber than a box of rocks because you can't answer simple questions. You are dumber than a box of rocks because you can't saty on topic. you are dumber than a box of rocks because you are a child.....

Taz just loves cyclone fanatic then. Maybe someday isu fans will learn. Doubtful but with each new day there is fresh hope.

Hey Taz have you ever heard the saying "you can't see the forest through the tree's"? I state there is a forest and isu fans only want to argue about how many tree's are in the forest.

But don't stop now this is TOO MUCH FUN!

Serious question, ignoring 89/91 and taz' fued:

How are ISU's sales going?
No official word but I have heard similar to last year. I haven't heard of too many not renewing and a lot grabbing endzone club seats. Should be interesting to see what it is. After going 5-19, I would expect a decline

Honest question.... What are the donation levels for iowa season tickets?

End zones don't require a donation. Then they range from $50-$5000 per seat per year on top of the $395 season ticket cost depending on where the seat is selected.

Taz just loves cyclone fanatic then. Maybe someday isu fans will learn. Doubtful but with each new day there is fresh hope.

Hey Taz have you ever heard the saying "you can't see the forest through the tree's"? I state there is a forest and isu fans only want to argue about how many tree's are in the forest.

But don't stop now this is TOO MUCH FUN!
Reading comprehension issues again

End zones don't require a donation. Then they range from $50-$5000 per seat per year on top of the $395 season ticket cost depending on where the seat is selected.
So all tickets are $395 and then donation. Interesting. So if I wanted a ticket on the $25 yard line, what would be my donation requirement

Lots of back and forth going on here. Back to the original topic of if lil brother not so lil any more. I am a Hawk fan and former season ticket holder who's had it with Kirk and his staff. Got real tired the last few years of spending big money to go to the games and just be pissed for the whole weekend. This year I dropped. You can go scalp a ticket for (literally) 5 bucks. 5 dollars and you can go watch the Hawks play Wisconsin. Thats what I sold two tickets for at Badger game last year. Everyone had tickets available to sell.
So my reply to the topic, is really not in regards to the Cyclones not being such a lil brother anymore ( I'm not impressed by what they are doing, they are the same ol Cyclones), but my point is the HAWKS aren't really the big bad older brother. REally more like the Clones, maybe even sorry little weak twin brothers??
And I gladly accept your $5 tickets because I'm in the business of saving money and being cheap.:D

Why buy season tickets when you got a deal like that?....

You people and your spending habits *smh*

Add capacity, raise ticket prices, and maintain season ticket totals. Isn't that what you want? Higher prices and maintain ticket sales evene when all of college football is losing tickets sales? Sounds like marketing is working.

I'll still have fun.

isu raised ticket prices and is still well below that of Iowa except for your club seats and highest level donor tickets.

Yep that marketing sure is working. Maybe isu will bring back the thermometer to tell us all just how well it is working.

Naw, I still like the idea of isu advertising that they have the best parking lots in the Big 12. Come one come all to ames to see isu's great parking lots. No wait here it is "For an adventure in the best parking lots on the planet choose isu." No, no, no here is isu where the concrete in our parking lots is even better than the water in ames.

Come on Taz jump in this is TOO MUCH FUN.

So all tickets are $395 and then donation. Interesting. So if I wanted a ticket on the $25 yard line, what would be my donation requirement

25 yard line would be $400 per seat plus $395 for the cost of the season ticket or $795 per seat. So at Iowa you can sit on the 25 yard line or in the end zone club at isu.

This pretty much explains the massive difference between Iowa and "little brother".

25 yard line would be $400 per seat plus $395 for the cost of the season ticket or $795 per seat. So at Iowa you can sit on the 25 yard line or in the end zone club at isu.

This pretty much explains the massive difference between Iowa and "little brother".

I am sure at this point LC will jump in and say how far off I am with the facts and dumber than a box of rocks.

Wait for it...wait for it!

Btw, OP, I was gonna say something about this on Sunday when I was down in Ames (of course I wore my Iowa shirt and cap).

I was surprised by how good the renovations are looking. They've done a nice job of upgrading and modernizing their facility, something I think they really still leaving room to be desired for with Kinnick, but then again that was just poor planning over the years by the university to build everything under the sun right the f*** around the stadium and then let the hospital run roughshod to boot.

The few times I went to an ISU game it's always felt like an oversized high school venue. That's not meant to be derogatory necessarily. That's just how the experience felt while watching the game at JTS. Quaint but not big time D1 football. This upgrade is a step in the right direction.

kinnickmapupdated2014.jpg

This shows donation levels. 25 yard line would be between $200/$400/ticket.

No official word but I have heard similar to last year. I haven't heard of too many not renewing and a lot grabbing endzone club seats. Should be interesting to see what it is. After going 5-19, I would expect a decline

What was last year? 45k average?

isu raised ticket prices and is still well below that of Iowa except for your club seats and highest level donor tickets.

Yep that marketing sure is working. Maybe isu will bring back the thermometer to tell us all just how well it is working.

Naw, I still like the idea of isu advertising that they have the best parking lots in the Big 12. Come one come all to ames to see isu's great parking lots. No wait here it is "For an adventure in the best parking lots on the planet choose isu." No, no, no here is isu where the concrete in our parking lots is even better than the water in ames.

Come on Taz jump in this is TOO MUCH FUN.
  • Season tickets available in 55 sections including the new endzone club section
  • 30 of those sections are $425+ donation
  • 6 of the 30 are $100 donation+ $425
  • 3 of the 30 are $250 donation +$425
  • 7 of the 30 are $500 donation +$425
  • 6 of the 30 are $1000 donation + $425
  • 4 of the 30 are $2500 donation+$425
  • 4 of the 30 are $5000 donation+$425
  • 3 endzone club sections are $500 donation +$750
  • 14 sections are $250
  • 8 sections are $175
So at least 60%, 33 out of 55 sections, are higher cost than iowa. The other 30% (smaller sections so closer to 25%) are less expensive than iowa.

It would be interesting to see an actual cost per seat breakdown. I am sure JRhok/89/91 has that for me

kinnickmapupdated2014.jpg

This shows donation levels. 25 yard line would be between $200/$400/ticket.
Thanks....Holy shit you guys get in cheap with donations. 50 yard line cost you $5000 and $425 at iSu. 25 yard line will get you $1000+ $425. Hell I can sit at the fifty for $300 cheaper than I can sit at the 25 at iSu.

I know JR8/91/idiot likes to mock the parking at iSu but what do they stick you for parking at iowa?

Estimating with the above numbers, iSu's average ticket price would be right around $318. That is using the 60% at $425 and 30% at the $175/250.

I think that is a very conservative number as the lower cost sections are smaller sections and it does not include donations which are obviously much higher at iSu. Nor does it include parking passes which iSu surely sells more.

Again, maybe jrhok/89/91/idiot has the exact number for average cost of an iSu football season ticket including donations and parking. Bu tI think it is far closer than he/she/it wants to believe.

I would like to state that my numbers are an estimation and I by no means claim they are 100% accurate.

Interesting enough but most of the available tickets are in the no donation lower cost sections. Most of the sold tickets are in the donor/$425 sections.

Last edited:
  • Season tickets available in 55 sections including the new endzone club section
  • 30 of those sections are $425+ donation
  • 6 of the 30 are $100 donation+ $425
  • 3 of the 30 are $250 donation +$425
  • 7 of the 30 are $500 donation +$425
  • 6 of the 30 are $1000 donation + $425
  • 4 of the 30 are $2500 donation+$425
  • 4 of the 30 are $5000 donation+$425
  • 3 endzone club sections are $500 donation +$750
  • 14 sections are $250
  • 8 sections are $175
So at least 60%, 33 out of 55 sections, are higher cost than iowa. The other 30% (smaller sections so closer to 25%) are less expensive than iowa.

It would be interesting to see an actual cost per seat breakdown. I am sure JRhok/89/91 has that for me

Except not all the sections you list require the $425 season ticket amount. According to isu availability will drive the cost.

At Iowa the season ticket cost is the same regardless of seat location and the per seat contributions are the same for each section as well. In other words availability will have no impact on what the final cost is which is nothing like isu.

But do tell us how it really is Taz.

Except not all the sections you list require the $425 season ticket amount. According to isu availability will drive the cost.

At Iowa the season ticket cost is the same regardless of seat location and the per seat contributions are the same for each section as well. In other words availability will have no impact on what the final cost is which is nothing like isu.

But do tell us how it really is Taz.
Please explain this. Nowhere in the $425 sections can you buy a ticket for less than $425. Could you please point to me where I can do that?

All of the sections I listed that have the $425 is the exact cost for ticket. I even listed the donation amount. Are you refuting that someone in section 3 has to pay a $100 donation minimum AND $425 per ticket? Or are you talking about young adult prices?

Now you are just making shit up. Well you have always made shit up but this is a whopper

In the end, if you take donations+ ticket prices....it is going to be pretty damn close.

Last edited:
Please explain this. Nowhere in the $425 sections can you buy a ticket for less than $425. Could you please point to me where I can do that?

All of the sections I listed that have the $425 is the exact cost for ticket. I even listed the donation amount. Are you refuting that someone in section 3 has to pay a $100 donation minimum AND $425 per ticket? Or are you talking about young adult prices?

Now you are just making shit up. Well you have always made shit up but this is a whopper

In the end, if you take donations+ ticket prices....it is going to be pretty damn close.

I am just looking at the isu web site that clearly states season tickets costs in sections lower than $425 based on availability.

Thanks....Holy shit you guys get in cheap with donations. 50 yard line cost you $5000 and $425 at iSu. 25 yard line will get you $1000+ $425. Hell I can sit at the fifty for $300 cheaper than I can sit at the 25 at iSu.

I know JR8/91/idiot likes to mock the parking at iSu but what do they stick you for parking at iowa?
Yeah, Iowa has cheaper seats on the 25 yard line...I pay $1,000 donation + $950 for my 2 seats on the 25 yard line at Jack Trice. That's still more than the total cost for 2 seats on the Kinnick 25 yard line. I actually assumed Kinnick was more expensive.

I am just looking at the isu web site that clearly states season tickets costs in sections lower than $425 based on availability.
LMAO.....you really do have reading comprehension issues. Yes, if they are available, you can buy them for $425 + a donation of $100+

You seriously can't be that stupid or that drunk.

There are $175/$250 tickets. I laid that out for you but the $425 sections are $425.

I am begining to see why iowa has one price. different price points is too difficult for people like you to understand. evene though it is used in just about every stadium I have ever been too.

Last edited:
So does it piss you off when you find others in your section paid less? All it takes is someone between 20-29 and availability.

LMAO.....you really do have reading comprehension issues. Yes, if they are available, you can buy them for $425 + a donation of $100+

You seriously can't be that stupid or that drunk.

So you assume all tickets are only sold to donors and not clone fans aged between 20-29? They don't pay $425 but only $275z.

Not drunk or stupid just reading what isu has on their web site. Do tell us though how it really is.

So does it piss you off when you find others in your section paid less? All it takes is someone between 20-29 and availability.
Nope, not at all. Love the idea of getting people fresh out of college in the habit of going to games. Especially since they are donating $100 which puts them in line with 30-40% of what hok fans are paying.

Does it piss you off?

Nope, not at all. Love the idea of getting people fresh out of college in the habit of going to games. Especially since they are donating $100 which puts them in line with 30-40% of what hok fans are paying.

Does it piss you off?

No one in my section is paying anything any different than I am regardless what age they are.

So you assume all tickets are only sold to donors and not clone fans aged between 20-29? They don't pay $425 but only $275z.

Not drunk or stupid just reading what isu has on their web site. Do tell us though how it really is.
I have told you how it is.

How about you tell me how it is mr " I think I know it all because I drink all day and the bartender tells me". What is the ticket price at iSu?

Does it piss you off?

$275 + $100 donation is less than 100% of Iowa tickets sold to the general public.

I have told you how it is.

How about you tell me how it is mr " I think I know it all because I drink all day and the bartender tells me". What is the ticket price at iSu?

According to the isu web site if you are aged 20-29 the cost is $275.

No one in my section is paying anything any different than I am regardless what age they are.
And? so what...your big boner is the only reason iSu sells season tickets is because they are far cheaper. That simply isn't the case especially when you add in donation requirements. And if you take the time to see where most of the available season tickets are, you will find that most are in the low rent sections. In other words.....most of iSu's season ticketes that are currently sold are in the $425+$100+ donation areas.

But let's play your little game shall we let's say there are 20,000 20-29 year olds paying $275...they still have to pay $100 donation and most will be paying $500-$5000. Still far moer than your $395+50-600.

Yeah, Iowa has cheaper seats on the 25 yard line...I pay $1,000 donation + $950 for my 2 seats on the 25 yard line at Jack Trice. That's still more than the total cost for 2 seats on the Kinnick 25 yard line. I actually assumed Kinnick was more expensive.

Is that all the way up? Surprised, if accurate.

And? so what...your big boner is the only reason iSu sells season tickets is because they are far cheaper. That simply isn't the case especially when you add in donation requirements. And if you take the time to see where most of the available season tickets are, you will find that most are in the low rent sections. In other words.....most of iSu's season ticketes that are currently sold are in the $425+$100+ donation areas.

But let's play your little game shall we let's say there are 20,000 20-29 year olds paying $275...they still have to pay $100 donation and most will be paying $500-$5000. Still far moer than your $395+50-600.

20,000 at $375 ($275+$100 donation) will always be less than the same 20,000 at Iowa going for $395 + donation regardless of how you cut it.

Unless of course math is different at isu.

That must include donations right? 395x 67,512=26,672,240/7=3,810,320 per game

I'm not sure what you mean. Kinnick seats 70,585, multiplying that x $395 (which is wrong, students are less, staff are less, boxes are done differently) is just under $4M, but again, those seats costs are wrong. I read, but don't have a cite, that Iowa home games are ~$5M. Take it for whatever that is worth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT