ADVERTISEMENT

Little brother not so little anymore?

Its not our superbowl but if that makes you feel superior while getting beat then great.

Sure it is. If it wasn't then show us all the other schools who had a coach in year 5 go 3-9 and follow that up with a 2-10 season who also didn't fire their coach. I mean if this is so common there has to be a long list Taz, just give it to us.

Or are you arguing that it was Toledo and not the Iowa win that allowed Rhodes to keep his Job? No seriously no one in their right mind would laugh at isu for that Taz.

Or, this goes to show you how historically mediocre the B1G is?
Umm compared to what?

List of teams that have won a national title from the Big Ten and Big 12:

Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State (won as Indep.)
Michigan State
Minnesota
Iowa
Illinois

Nebraska (now Big Ten)
Colorado (now PAC 12)
Texas A&M (won out of conf. Now SEC)
Texas
Oklahoma

So the only teams currently in the Big 12 that have any are Texas and Oklahoma. #soproud

But I guess I don't know what you're defining mediocrity as. Being an Iowa State fan, I'm sure you have a good idea though.

Reactions: icu81222
Never said KF was awesome but at least he has one more than 7 games something Rhoads has done once. And yes look at 2009 Minnesota they won 3 non conference games all by 7 or less. They were 3-5 in conf. A logical college fan would realize most 6-6 teams would be .500 or below in conf.
You mean like iowa last year. At least Minny in 2009 beat two D1 teams with winning records. iowa last year...none.

The only reason I argue this is becaus ei was told iowa was good last year because they were 7-5 and Minny was a crappy team with one less loss. Just seems odd that they can both be true.

I stand corrected on the 10 of 17. However, the 1998 loss belongs Hayden Fry. I also stand corrected on my improper grammar.

Hey st8tailg8r, when exactly will the Big 12 live up to the bogus hype that has been generated the last 10 years? I mean it doesn't matter if it is football or MBB but when the post season rolls around the Big 12 has been proving just how over-rated they are each and every year.

Only in the eyes of isu fans was a conference with a losing record in the MBB tournament still the best conference in the country.

I eagerly await your well thought-out and fact based reply.

Sure it is. If it wasn't then show us all the other schools who had a coach in year 5 go 3-9 and follow that up with a 2-10 season who also didn't fire their coach. I mean if this is so common there has to be a long list Taz, just give it to us.

Or are you arguing that it was Toledo and not the Iowa win that allowed Rhodes to keep his Job? No seriously no one in their right mind would laugh at isu for that Taz.
If rhoads would have gone 2-10 by beating KSU and losing to iowa it would be the same thing. The iowa win did not save his job. He was getting another year no matter what.

But hey, keep believing iowa is relevant to anyone outside of iowa. I mean the bgi10 showed hoe relevant iowa was by protecting their rivalry with ....purdue.

What does iSu get out of playing iowa besides a win more times than not?

I like the game and it is great for the state but iSu gets nothing out of it.
Again my comment still stands true. I don't even need to say anything. But I'm sure you're the first person to try this. ;)

It really is though. No matter how bad the season is, and I've heard this many times from numerous Clone fans/alum/whatever, as have many others. "2-10? Well, at least we beat Iowa,..hahhhaha,...derp."
Not to mention that I've heard "We could lose every game, but as long as we beat Iowa, I'm happy."

That being said, the facilities do look to be coming around nicely.
And I here the same from SOME iowa fans but it doesn't mean anything. It definitely isnt the teams superbowl and it isn't why the team beats iowa. They beat iowa because they are better. Final records on the season pretty much back up my claim with the exception of 02' and 11'. isu and iowa have pretty much finished within a game or two of each other whenever iSu wins. It is just a fact that gets in the way of the superbowl claim. Hell, even 2002 is arguable since iSu started 6-1 with a close loss to FSU. and then slid.

It isn't my fault iowa is overrated every year. The superbowl myth ranks right up there with KFs teams get better as the year goes on myth. That was a handy excuse until iSu won in November in 01'. But apparently that was iSu's superbowl that year as well even though both teams finished 7-5 and played late in the season

If rhoads would have gone 2-10 by beating KSU and losing to iowa it would be the same thing. The iowa win did not save his job. He was getting another year no matter what.

But hey, keep believing iowa is relevant to anyone outside of iowa. I mean the bgi10 showed hoe relevant iowa was by protecting their rivalry with ....purdue.

But you didn't beat KSU so that argument is irrelevant. You did beat Iowa and Toledo so which win saved Rhodes' job? No one will laugh really Taz.

Oh and since you nor any other clone fan will answer my question I will keep asking. When exactly will the Big 12 be relevant in the post season for football or MBB? For more than a decade when the post seasons rolls around the Big 12 proves how over-rated they were.

We all await your well thought-out and fact based reply Taz. But try not swearing this time. Take a deep breath and calm down first.

And I here the same from SOME iowa fans but it doesn't mean anything. It definitely isnt the teams superbowl and it isn't why the team beats iowa. They beat iowa because they are better. Final records on the season pretty much back up my claim with the exception of 02' and 11'. isu and iowa have pretty much finished within a game or two of each other whenever iSu wins. It is just a fact that gets in the way of the superbowl claim. Hell, even 2002 is arguable since iSu started 6-1 with a close loss to FSU. and then slid.

It isn't my fault iowa is overrated every year. The superbowl myth ranks right up there with KFs teams get better as the year goes on myth. That was a handy excuse until iSu won in November in 01'. But apparently that was iSu's superbowl that year as well even though both teams finished 7-5 and played late in the season

Nope Iowa teams never get better as the year goes on.

Signed,
the #3 ranked PSU team from 2008
The ACC Champions, Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl

But you didn't beat KSU so that argument is irrelevant. You did beat Iowa and Toledo so which win saved Rhodes' job? No one will laugh really Taz.

Oh and since you nor any other clone fan will answer my question I will keep asking. When exactly will the Big 12 be relevant in the post season for football or MBB? For more than a decade when the post seasons rolls around the Big 12 proves how over-rated they were.

We all await your well thought-out and fact based reply Taz. But try not swearing this time. Take a deep breath and calm down first.
I will answer your questions when you answer mine.

More than a decade? Hmmm. So you hang your hat on tOSU's national championship? because the big has been relevant in the post season last year, other than that...overrated.

I await your well thought out drunk answer based on little fact but emotion as you type sitting in your 80s era nylon windbreaker in the shitter at McDonalds while you are on break from flipping burgers.

Nope Iowa teams never get better as the year goes on.

Signed,
the #3 ranked PSU team from 2008
The ACC Champions, Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl
signed Minnesota, iSu, indiana, NW, Purdue, Illinois, Western Michigan, Tennessee,Texas, etc, etc, etc

You serious Clark?

I missed the part where isu has ever been ranked in the top 3 in the country let alone at anytime during the 2002 season.

For some odd reason when I look at the final poll after the 2002 season I see Iowa in the Top Ten but can't find little brother isu anywhere. Hey maybe you can point it out for me since you are always so concerned with my reading comprehension.

Last edited:
signed Minnesota, iSu, indiana, NW, Purdue, Illinois, Western Michigan, Tennessee,Texas, etc, etc, etc

Wait did most of those Iowa teams won enough games to have made them a Top 20 in all of isu history?

Nothing defines little brother more than that.

Last edited:

It is hear not here, not when you are speaking of a persons ability to detect sounds. The superbowl myth must be dipped in mythological teachings, to be a myth. It is not, it is based on facts, created by the mouths of ISU folks.
You know there is no chance of BCS level bowls, playoffs, or Conference championships, so you go for what you can win, the highest honor of the season if you will. That is and has for some time been beating Iowa.

More than a decade? Hmmm. So you hang your hat on tOSU's national championship? because the big has been relevant in the post season last year, other than that...overrated.

I await your well thought out drunk answer based on little fact but emotion as you type sitting in your 80s era nylon windbreaker in the shitter at McDonalds while you are on break from flipping burgers.

Called it Taz is losing it again. Keep kids away from the forum Taz s going to go on a swearing tirade again.

It is hear not here, not when you are speaking of a persons ability to detect sounds. The superbowl myth must be dipped in mythological teachings, to be a myth. It is not, it is based on facts, created by the mouths of ISU folks.
You know there is no chance of BCS level bowls, playoffs, or Conference championships, so you go for what you can win, the highest honor of the season if you will. That is and has for some time been beating Iowa.

Ouch, Taz taking a beating. But don't stop Taz, uphold the honor of little bro for us.

Meanwhile the Big 12 has had a losing record in bowls and the NCAA tourney for the better part of the last decade.

Can you say over-rated and irrelevant? Sure ya can.

Please explain why iSu has limitations? (You've already mentioned a few over the various threads you've posted in the last couple days. And again your fan percentage will never out gain Iowa's. I know you know this. But play devils advocate if you like wasting your time. ) The reduction of iowa's season tickets shows a lot of bandwagon fans that do not find the entertainment value and are going to be looking for other options. You're assuming they've basically quit the fanbase, but then again I suppose ISU would be open to taking bandwagon fans. Just so you realize that bandwagon fans will always be bandwagon fans and there is nothing about Iowa State as far as expecting great results to m opiate them to stay. The only thing they (ISU) have going for them is that they get more excited for big wins because of how rare they are.) I know of one long time season ticket holder(business man) who discontinued iowa tickets and bought iSu tickets this year. (Wow...One fan who has money to blow through and probably doesn't care all too much about how the teams on the field do. It's a national f***ing emergency, it is!!!) Closer, he feels the overall atmosphere is more enjoyable and easier to get in and out, better overall entertainment value for his customers. It is only one example but it really caught me off guard. (Well of course. ISU fans are easily impressed.;)) iSu has a larger student population all of which grew up when iSu was somewhat successful under DMac, LE, Rhoads and Fred. (Yes I know all about how they're whoring themselves out to all comers like a JUCO school. That's a true story despite the fact that you'll ask me how they're doing that in your reply. My advice is to deal with the fact that your school lowered its standards to get more students along with a fun little housing issue. Btw, my sister goes there and she's an Iowa fan. I had several friends who went to ISU and were Iowa fans that drove to Iowa City for home games.....how dare they, right?) iSu has never had that. There is now a generation that has attended school and has seen success (in basketball...you haven't won more than 7 games since 2000, unless you're defining success as winning 7 games....or beating Iowa :eek:), have enjoyed the game day atmosphere (yeah I did too when I went to a game there...and I still wouldn't ever think about trading Iowa City for it. Iowa City at its best has been one of the top 10 game day environments in the country.), and are more entrenched. Unlike the 80s and 90s where students and fans saw very little athletic success. (Oh so you were talking about the football team meaning 7 wins is the definition of success for ISU fans. Guess you're gonna have to make up your mind on a few statements you've made in these threads you have commented on.) On top of that you have a rapid growing metro area within 40 mins where a lot of alum go to work once finished with college. (Yes it only took you 110 years to finally get an 'in' with the major city you've always been closer to than Iowa.)

As for painting iowa as the bad guy....I don't think the younger generation views iowa as the bad guy near as much as my generation. (But see I'm assuming that I'm younger than you, and I interactive with kids often through my job so I get an idea of how they feel about sports teams. The feelings haven't really changed....) My generation had to endure a decades worth + of beat downs. The younger generation now expects a win.(That's because this what the younger generation has become. They expect things to happen even if they more than likely won't....and will tend to complain when they don't get their way. Yes Iowa fans are dealing with the same thing regarding Ferentz. This nothing that's unique, nor does it mean anything as far as ISU becoming a better football program than Iowa.

Deal with it.)

Poised
  • Administration support (meh...)
  • quality facilities (but not better than Iowa's)
  • strong foundation of loyal fans (meh...)
  • momentum from basketball (no.)
  • large and growing population within 40 min (Yes that will put you over the top....)
  • a generation of alum that have witnessed success while attending school (success in what besides basketball?)
iSu has never had any of the above when the opportunity existed in the past. they have it now. They need to perform on the field. (No they dont.) I tend to think that the coaching changes Rhoads made a year and a half ago have led to one of the better staffs iSu has ever had but that has to translate to on the field success this year so improved recruiting can happen. (Hey one can dream...)

Just like how the Big 12 annually shows how much they care about the ISU football program.....

So if my kid gets to join the Jr. Cyclone Hillside club(uggghhh) and gets to go to every home football game and I have to pay $99 for that, does that make it a $99 season ticket? The ISU chart makes it sound that way.

Why wouldn't everyone want to play in the Big10? You can go through a season and not beat a division one school with a winning record and go to a bowl. What a joke. That's why Iowa got their butt kicked by a marginal Tennessee team.

You are right....your 7-6 team was soooo much better than our 2-10 team, but yet you lose to us at home.

So you would rather play your conference division mates of Illinois, NW, Purdue instead of the exciting brand of football that Baylor and TCU (not to mention TX and OK) because of history? And we play them EVERY YEAR. You see Halley's comet more often than the teams teams in your conference that actually bring some clout and prowess (tOSU).

You go ahead and enjoy Baylor and TCU and completely ignore Baylor...well just a few short years ago. This is such an incredibly ignorant view of collegiate football.

Let me guess, you don't even realize that Baylor from 2002-2012 was 54-78, hell include the last 3 years you want to hang your hat on and they are 76-82. I'm not bagging on Baylor, good for them and Briles competing the way they do, it certainly works in the B12, but to pretend this will sustain automatic success is insane. You probably also don't realize that NW went to Rose Bowls and were exciting as well.

So by your last ignorant statement you are somehow ignoring Wisconsin and Michigan State just in the last few years, and Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State.

But go ahead and think what you want, I gave clear and concise reasons why Iowa fans would not want ISU's schedule, it has NOTHING to do with strength. I'd love for Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Nebraska to all be top 25. Oh wait, Wisconsin is, Nebraska and Minny ended last season receiving votes, from the Big obviously OSU and Michigan State. Compare that to TCU, Baylor and KState from the B12 with OK receiving votes. Huh.

Hok myth # 2. That simply isn't true. UNI, OSU, KSU, OU, Texas and even Western Illionois draw larger crowds. Hell iowa only takes up two of the top ten largest crowd in iSu history
This is from Wikipedia, but still........................no, you didn't.

1. 56,800 October 13, 2012 - #5 Kansas State (L 21–27)
1. 56,800 August 31, 2013 - Northern Iowa (L 20–28)
1. 56,800 September 14, 2013 - Iowa (L 21–27)
1. 56,800 October 26, 2013 #19 - Oklahoma State (L 27–58
5. 56,795 September 8, 2007 - Northern Iowa (L 13–24)
6. 56,585 November 3, 2012 - #12 Oklahoma (L 20–35)
7. 56,390 October 1, 2011 - #17 Texas (L 14–37)
8. 56,085 September 10, 2011 - Iowa (W 44–41 (3OT))
9. 55,783 September 15, 2012 - Western Illinois (W 37–3)
10. 55,518 September 30, 2006 - Northern Iowa (W 28–27)

A few things here. Northern Iowa is in there 3 times, each time establishing or tying a school record for attendance....you're also 1-2 in those games. That's very funny, btw. I'm laughing.
2012 and 2013 make it in there 3 times each. You went 1-5 in those games.

I'm also only seeing one November game in there, from 2012, and seeing as how your attendance mark set on September 8th, 2007 held serve until 2012 and no November games before or since then have even come close to reaching these marks, I have to ask....what the f- are your fans doing in November besides not showing up to see this sleeping giant of a football program?

Side note: in 2014, Jack Trice Stadium briefly reduced capacity to 54,800. This number was hit in the first two games of the season against NDSU and Kansas State (both losses) and home attendance steadily declined almost every week after that, with a low of 50,059 in their finale against West Virginia. It was their lowest-attended home finale since 2010 versus Missouri in their final Big 12 game against the Cyclones, when only 41,766 showed up to watch. After week 2, their highest-attended game was against Toledo (52,281) and no other Big 12 conference game surpassed the 52k mark. Iowa's lowest-attended game in 2014 was 64,210 against Ball State.

Reactions: ichawk24
Why wouldn't everyone want to play in the Big10? You can go through a season and not beat a division one school with a winning record and go to a bowl. What a joke. That's why Iowa got their butt kicked by a marginal Tennessee team.

You are right....your 7-6 team was soooo much better than our 2-10 team, but yet you lose to us at home.
Why mock Iowa for losing to a team that would b**** slap yours even worse?

You're all over the place in this post.

The KF teams get better in November myth began in 2002 when Iowa was peaking then. They spent the early part of the season playing with fire, which actually is typical of a Ferentz team with close wins against Miami (OH), Penn State and Purdue, as well as the loss to Iowa State after leading 24-7 at halftime, which is conveniently forgotten by Cyclone fans. But after the narrow win against Purdue, Iowa won its remaining games by a combined score of 229-67, or an average of 38.2 ppg to 11.2 ppg.

As far as difference in overall records, here's the margin for each year, starting in 1998:
Year: Iowa / Iowa State - mod
1998: 3-8 / 3-8 - even
1999: 1-10 / 4-7 - 3 (ISU)
2000: 3-9 / 9-3 - 6 (ISU)
2001: 7-5 / 7-5 - even
2002: 11-2 / 7-7 - 4 (Iowa)....ISU w
2003: 10-3 / 2-10 - 8 (Iowa)
2004: 10-2 / 7-5 - 3 (Iowa)
2005: 7-5 / 7-5 - even
2006: 6-7 / 4-8 - 2 (Iowa)
2007: 6-6 / 3-9 - 3 (Iowa)....ISU w
2008: 9-4 / 2-10 - 7 (Iowa)
2009: 11-2 / 7-5 - 4 (Iowa)
2010: 8-5 / 5-7 - 3 (Iowa)
2011: 7-6 / 6-7 - 1 (Iowa)....ISU w
2012: 4-8 / 6-7 - 2 (ISU)
2013: 8-5 / 3-9 - 5 (Iowa)
2014: 7-6 / 2-10 - 5 (Iowa)....ISU w

So what do we take away from this?
- ISU had a better record than Iowa 3 times since 1998, but just once since 2000.
- Both teams finished with the same record 3 times, with ISU winning all three games.
- Iowa has finished with a better record than ISU 11 times, but is 7-4 in those seasons.
- 2002 and 2014 are the only years either team has had a +4 or higher margin of record and lost. Both Iowa losses in Iowa City to ISU.
- ISU is 6-0 against Iowa in seasons where they finish with an even or better record
- Aside from 2002, every year Iowa State beat Iowa, the Hawkeyes never won more than 7 games.
- 2006 was the only year Iowa didn't win at least 8 games after beating Iowa State
- And to your point....of the 4 seasons ISU beat Iowa while finishing with a worse record, Iowa had at least 3 more wins in 3 of the 4 years. The lone exception being 2011 when ISU earned a 44-41 triple OT win in Ames.

So basically...if Iowa wins, they'll most likely win at least 8 games this year. If Iowa State wins, Iowa will struggle to reach 7 wins.

This is from Wikipedia, but still........................no, you didn't.

1. 56,800 October 13, 2012 - #5 Kansas State (L 21–27)
1. 56,800 August 31, 2013 - Northern Iowa (L 20–28)
1. 56,800 September 14, 2013 - Iowa (L 21–27)
1. 56,800 October 26, 2013 #19 - Oklahoma State (L 27–58
5. 56,795 September 8, 2007 - Northern Iowa (L 13–24)
6. 56,585 November 3, 2012 - #12 Oklahoma (L 20–35)
7. 56,390 October 1, 2011 - #17 Texas (L 14–37)
8. 56,085 September 10, 2011 - Iowa (W 44–41 (3OT))
9. 55,783 September 15, 2012 - Western Illinois (W 37–3)
10. 55,518 September 30, 2006 - Northern Iowa (W 28–27)

A few things here. Northern Iowa is in there 3 times, each time establishing or tying a school record for attendance....you're also 1-2 in those games. That's very funny, btw. I'm laughing.
2012 and 2013 make it in there 3 times each. You went 1-5 in those games.

I'm also only seeing one November game in there, from 2012, and seeing as how your attendance mark set on September 8th, 2007 held serve until 2012 and no November games before or since then have even come close to reaching these marks, I have to ask....what the f- are your fans doing in November besides not showing up to see this sleeping giant of a football program?

Side note: in 2014, Jack Trice Stadium briefly reduced capacity to 54,800. This number was hit in the first two games of the season against NDSU and Kansas State (both losses) and home attendance steadily declined almost every week after that, with a low of 50,059 in their finale against West Virginia. It was their lowest-attended home finale since 2010 versus Missouri in their final Big 12 game against the Cyclones, when only 41,766 showed up to watch. After week 2, their highest-attended game was against Toledo (52,281) and no other Big 12 conference game surpassed the 52k mark. Iowa's lowest-attended game in 2014 was 64,210 against Ball State.

..and that as they say,...that is that.

What does iSu get out of playing iowa besides a win more times than not?

I like the game and it is great for the state but iSu gets nothing out of it.

Iowa state community college gets PAID for playing Iowa because of a split gate and I can't believe it hasn't been brought up and you're being so igbornant even as a homer. Iowa has everything to lose in the series whereas you have everything to gain both financially and on the field so get a grip on reality bud. ISCC would be in very serious trouble without the revenue they receive when they come to Kinnick and when hawks visit that dump in Ames.

Iowa state community college gets PAID for playing Iowa because of a split gate and I can't believe it hasn't been brought up and you're being so igbornant even as a homer. Iowa has everything to lose in the series whereas you have everything to gain both financially and on the field so get a grip on reality bud. ISCC would be in very serious trouble without the revenue they receive when they come to Kinnick and when hawks visit that dump in Ames.

Also to be clear there is no way in hell you would ever get a home and home with another power 5 team besides Iowa... Never ever ever because you literally have nothing to offer no team gains anything by playing iscc so you best hope the series continues

Iowa state community college gets PAID for playing Iowa because of a split gate and I can't believe it hasn't been brought up and you're being so igbornant even as a homer. ISCC would be in very serious trouble without the revenue they receive when they come to Kinnick and when hawks visit that dump in Ames.
This was true once. It no longer is true. The home team keeps the gate. Which might be why it wasn't brought up before.

You're all over the place in this post.

The KF teams get better in November myth began in 2002 when Iowa was peaking then. They spent the early part of the season playing with fire, which actually is typical of a Ferentz team with close wins against Miami (OH), Penn State and Purdue, as well as the loss to Iowa State after leading 24-7 at halftime, which is conveniently forgotten by Cyclone fans. But after the narrow win against Purdue, Iowa won its remaining games by a combined score of 229-67, or an average of 38.2 ppg to 11.2 ppg.

As far as difference in overall records, here's the margin for each year, starting in 1998:
Year: Iowa / Iowa State - mod
1998: 3-8 / 3-8 - even
1999: 1-10 / 4-7 - 3 (ISU)
2000: 3-9 / 9-3 - 6 (ISU)
2001: 7-5 / 7-5 - even
2002: 11-2 / 7-7 - 4 (Iowa)....ISU w
2003: 10-3 / 2-10 - 8 (Iowa)
2004: 10-2 / 7-5 - 3 (Iowa)
2005: 7-5 / 7-5 - even
2006: 6-7 / 4-8 - 2 (Iowa)
2007: 6-6 / 3-9 - 3 (Iowa)....ISU w
2008: 9-4 / 2-10 - 7 (Iowa)
2009: 11-2 / 7-5 - 4 (Iowa)
2010: 8-5 / 5-7 - 3 (Iowa)
2011: 7-6 / 6-7 - 1 (Iowa)....ISU w
2012: 4-8 / 6-7 - 2 (ISU)
2013: 8-5 / 3-9 - 5 (Iowa)
2014: 7-6 / 2-10 - 5 (Iowa)....ISU w

So what do we take away from this?
- ISU had a better record than Iowa 3 times since 1998, but just once since 2000.
- Both teams finished with the same record 3 times, with ISU winning all three games.
- Iowa has finished with a better record than ISU 11 times, but is 7-4 in those seasons.
- 2002 and 2014 are the only years either team has had a +4 or higher margin of record and lost. Both Iowa losses in Iowa City to ISU.
- ISU is 6-0 against Iowa in seasons where they finish with an even or better record
- Aside from 2002, every year Iowa State beat Iowa, the Hawkeyes never won more than 7 games.
- 2006 was the only year Iowa didn't win at least 8 games after beating Iowa State
- And to your point....of the 4 seasons ISU beat Iowa while finishing with a worse record, Iowa had at least 3 more wins in 3 of the 4 years. The lone exception being 2011 when ISU earned a 44-41 triple OT win in Ames.

So basically...if Iowa wins, they'll most likely win at least 8 games this year. If Iowa State wins, Iowa will struggle to reach 7 wins.

Please refrain from using facts to point out more reasons why Iowa isu's Super Bowl. Using verifiable facts isn't playing fair when dealing with isu fans.

Redcy,

Maybe you can help answer a great mystery no clone fan has yet to conquer or refuses to even acknowledge for that matter.

When exactly is the Big 12 going to have the post season success that matches their in season Strength of Schedule, hype and rankings?

For the better part of the last decade Big 12 teams choke when the post season rolls around and it doesn't matter if it is Football or MBB.

So it seams to me that everyone would love to play in the Big 12 as they are never actually as good as their hype, rankings or SOS say they are. But please do tell us how it really is.

Last edited:
Reactions: And1Hawk
This was true once. It no longer is true. The home team keeps the gate. Which might be why it wasn't brought up before.

The fact that it was ever true is just another example of Iowa looking out for little bro isu.

We thought about having bake sales with proceeds going to poor, poor isu so they could afford Men's Gymnastics and Baseball but in the end we decided to keep the one sided football contract in place a little longer.

Nothing really is any different today. isu's whole identity is wrapped up in comparing themselves to Iowa.

Hey, LC why haven't we seen any press release from Pollard touting how great isu did in the Directors Cup? Oh right when isu is looking up at Iowa yet again Pollard goes silent.

Chalk up another one.

Last edited:
Redcy,

Maybe you can help answer a great mystery no clone fan has yet to conquer or refuses to even acknowledge for that matter.

When exactly is the Big 12 going to have the post season success that matches their in season Strength of Schedule, hype and rankings?

For the better part of the last decade Big 12 teams choke when the post season rolls around and it doesn't matter if it is Football or MBB.

So it seams to me that everyone would love to play in the Big 12 as they are never actually as good as their hype, rankings or SOS say they are. But please do tell us how it really is.

First off all stay on topic and you are really going to question the Big12 post season performance in comparison to the Big 10?????

Tell me, how many teams with a winning record did iowa beat last year? Isu beat two.

First off all stay on topic and you are really going to question the Big12 post season performance in comparison to the Big 10?????

Tell me, how many teams with a winning record did iowa beat last year? Isu beat two.

How did the Big12 do in the playoffs last year? That's right they were not invited. The B1G won the first ever playoff and will go down in history as the first winner. That is fitting.

The B1Gs bowl record is not always good but under the old format we typically played 3 of the better teams out of the SEC along with a majority of games against the power 5.

How did the Big12 do in the playoffs last year? That's right they were not invited. The B1G won the first ever playoff and will go down in history as the first winner. That is fitting.

The B1Gs bowl record is not always good but under the old format we typically played 3 of the better teams out of the SEC along with a majority of games against the power 5.
It's not very good to use a sampling of one statistically. One can make what ever point they want using that sampling. Go back the last 10 years and tell me what you get.

I know many hawk fans would like to go back to the 80's in regards to where these two programs were. The point of the OP is that these programs are not that far apart. Iowa has a huge budget and should be ahead of ISU. The reality of the situation is that gap in talent, facilities and coaching has closed greatly.

The little Texas 12 gets the easiest bowl match ups in the country and still struggle to save face. The big 12 doesn't know what defense is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT