ADVERTISEMENT

Max Dean in Portal

Sounds like there was a falling out between Gabe and Cornell staff. So Max is out also.

Would Dean consider Iowa? It's been a back and forth show with Brands and Assad.. Max Dean could give us a potential finalist and lots of tournament points. I don't know if Iowa even has room, just throwing out a question..

Have to assume Foca putting it on him has a lot to do with it. Very good chance he was riding the bench this year.

A lot of people are hyping Michigan as a title contender if he transfers in, but he would actually be a downgrade from what they were expected to have because it means Amine is done and not cutting back to 184 as speculated with Brucki coming in at 197.

Would Dean consider Iowa? It's been a back and forth show with Brands and Assad.. Max Dean could give us a potential finalist and lots of tournament points. I don't know if Iowa even has room, just throwing out a question..
Maybe. They could have that conversation, but a LOT of factors. If he came for nothing scholarship wise it would be hard to turn down, but even then there is risk involved. Assad got pulled out of redshirt, then sat the free year (assuming injury), so he's just getting started. He was a 7 seed(?) when the tournament got cancelled. That's pretty good for a true freshman, at the upper weights to boot.

The transfer portal is a big part of the deal nowadays, Coaches are going to have to learn as they go on how to balance that with high school recruits and their parents. Iowa got DeSanto and Eireman, that's been helpful for sure. It's part of the gig now for everybody.

I wonder if there much less to this than people are reading into. He has not been on the roster since '18-'19 and I know the Ivies have very different rules. Maybe he stayed in school both those years and exhausted his "Cornell" eligibility. Who knows. If he wanted to use the free year, he was going to have to transfer anyway.

Don’t kid yourself. Carl is all over this.
Bael 100% is trying to recruit Max Dean. Here is a picture of him on a recruiting visit in Ithaca just yesterday

giphy.gif

I wonder if there much less to this than people are reading into. He has not been on the roster since '18-'19 and I know the Ivies have very different rules. Maybe he stayed in school both those years and exhausted his "Cornell" eligibility. Who knows. If he wanted to use the free year, he was going to have to transfer anyway.
Don't think so. I think the big driver is that he got beat up by Foca at last chance, who looks way too big for 174 now. With Darmstadt up at 197, he doesn't have a spot. I think Foca is going to be a hammer. He's so dynamic.

Almost 0% chance of it happening, but Iowa would be a good fit style wise and he would be a good addition to the RTC.

With all the family ties, MSU actually has a shot. Would just need to figure out how Gabe would fit in. Would they bump Miklus?

Reactions: 4everahawk
Just following the twitter link above (so at best 5th hand knowledge) it says Gabe didn't wear combat sports singlet, some fall out, he and brother are supposedly going to Michigan, along with Grif from Stanford.

Just following the twitter link above (so at best 5th hand knowledge) it says Gabe didn't wear combat sports singlet, some fall out, he and brother are supposedly going to Michigan, along with Grif from Stanford.
All of these what-ifs are hard on the brain. Sorry, that's all I got.

Reactions: butchinmi

Two-team race next year might soon turn into three-team race. Love it. Let's beat everyone who brings their best lineup possible.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Two-team race next year might soon turn into three-team race. Love it. Let's beat everyone who brings their best lineup possible.
Michigan won’t be in the team race. The points at 174 and 197 will be equal if not worse and even if Dean wins 184 that’s not enough points to be in the mix. What place did Michigan get last year? 10th?

Michigan won’t be in the team race. The points at 174 and 197 will be equal if not worse and even if Dean wins 184 that’s not enough points to be in the mix. What place did Michigan get last year? 10th?

If they get Real Woods, Dean, Griffith, Brucki to go along with guys like Ragusin, Cam Amine, and Parris... that's a pretty salty lineup.

Last edited:
If they get Real Woods, Dean, Griffith, Brucki to go along with guys like Ragusin, Cam Amine, and Parris... that's a pretty salty lineup.
Salty lineup. Likely a trophy. Not in the mix for a title

Edit to add: they finished 60 points behind Iowa and 44.5 behind Penn St last year. Iowa will be better next year and Penn St will be at least equal, I hesitatate to say much better because of 157 but likely will score more points next year. Michigan isn’t making up that kind of ground.

Last edited:
5th actually. Their being in true contention would actually hinge on a lot, but Dean really isn’t any factor in that. What it comes down 100% to is if Micic comes back and Griffith ends up there.
This lineup would be VERY tough:

125-Medley/Ragusin
133-Micic
141-Mattin/Ragusin
149-Storr
157-Lewan
165-Amine
174-Griffith
184-Amine
197-Brucki
285-Parris

that is 5 legit Finalists in Micic, Griffith, Amine, Brucki and Parris along with likely AA Amine and possible AA’s in Lewan and Storr with a small chance at 125 as well.

5th actually. Their being in true contention would actually hinge on a lot, but Dean really isn’t any factor in that. What it comes down 100% to is if Micic comes back and Griffith ends up there.

125-Medley/Ragusin
133-Micic
141-Mattin/Ragusin
149-Storr
157-Lewan
165-Amine
174-Griffith
184-Amine
197-Brucki
285-Parris

that is 5 legit Finalists in Micic, Griffith, Amine, Brucki and Parris along with likely AA Amine and possible AA’s in Lewan and Storr with a small chance at 125 as well.
that's minimal points from 25, 41, 49, 57. Lets be honest if Bull hadn't MFF out this year Amine wouldn't be an AA. Also i don't think Micic comes back so minimal points from 33 also. Micic graduated HS in 2014. Tell that to the people giving Kemerer crap

Reactions: IRONBIRD

125-Medley/Ragusin
133-Micic
141-Mattin/Ragusin
149-Storr
157-Lewan
165-Amine
174-Griffith
184-Amine
197-Brucki
285-Parris

Why wouldn't Ragusin go 125 and it sounds like Real Woods will slide into the 141 spot. No?

Ragusin
Micic
Woods
Storr
Lewan
Amine
Griffith
Amine/Dean
Brucki
Parris

Both would be a great add - gabe was a very good scorer in college

Why wouldn't Ragusin go 125 and it sounds like Real Woods will slide into the 141 spot. No?

Ragusin
Micic
Woods
Storr
Lewan
Amine
Griffith
Amine/Dean
Brucki
Parris
Ragusin was having trouble with the cut last year.

125-Medley/Ragusin
133-Micic
141-Mattin/Ragusin
149-Storr
157-Lewan
165-Amine
174-Griffith
184-Amine
197-Brucki
285-Parris

Would love to see a healthy Bull next year stick it to Griffith. Think he's definitely the better wrestler and wins that 7/10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT