ADVERTISEMENT

Max Dean in Portal

I generally do not think anyone should be forced to undergo a medical procedure without consent, nor do I think someone should be coerced. I would think you'd agree. That is a line we do not want to cross.

In any event, so long as everyone who wants the shot has had the opportunity to get it, that is good enough for me. If someone chooses not to get it, that is their right and it should be respected, and frankly you shouldn't care.

Want to convince skeptical people to take it? Advocate for the removal of legal immunity for vaccine makers. That would do a lot of good, and if anything ever did go wrong, people would have recourse. A win-win.
Shouldn't care? Uummm no. I guess I don't live on the same remote island as you.

I don't think people should be forced to get the shots, I just think they should. I got my first one out of the way, and would have gotten it sooner if I could have. I don't want to live in a COVID world any longer than necessary, that's pretty much it. No-brainer IMO.

If the shots get me quicker access to Freedom, well, Braveheart here I come.

Medical procedure? It's a damn shot (or two) not a heart/lung transplant. We wouldn't have to discuss mandatory if people would just make the most obviously correct decision. People wouldn't have to be coerced if other people stopped spreading nonsense. There is a greater good question here. If enough people don't get the shot, we don't drop the virus low enough to slow the spread of mutants. If we allow mutations to spread we are back to square one.

Shouldn't care? It affects everyone! We should all care. Again, life can go back to normal and all we have to do is not be STUPID. Why don't you want this to be over?

First, anyone can sue for anything. Winning is a different question. But yeah, let's spend several years getting something through congress (!!!) before we get this thing OVER.

Suck it up, get the shot, get this thing behind us.

So your life has been pretty normal so screw the 600,000 dead people. Tough for them. A coulpe of anecdotes about mild cases makes the whole thing fake news I suppose. The peanut allergy is touching but not relevant. Would you object if knowing that your kid had the allergy people kept bringing peanut treats to her birthday parties? That seems more like the appropriate analogy to people knowingly endangering others by not getting the vaccine.

I just don't get this, we can be back to normal or not. All you have to do is get a little tiny shot. Maybe you are afraid of needles tough guy, sorry you are scared. I can come hold your hand if you like. Frankly I would be happy if people like you just shut up instead of trying to convince others they shouldn't get the shot.

Seriously, aren't you tired of this? I know I am. Just get the shot, you don't have to tell anybody. They'll still think you're a stud.
What I am tired of is people who won't stf up about it.

I just don't get this, we can be back to normal or not. All you have to do is get a little tiny shot. Maybe you are afraid of needles tough guy, sorry you are scared. I can come hold your hand if you like. Frankly I would be happy if people like you just shut up instead of trying to convince others they shouldn't get the shot.

Seriously, aren't you tired of this? I know I am. Just get the shot, you don't have to tell anybody. They'll still think you're a stud. So what I’m understanding is that he needs to quit trying to convince people not to get the shot and shut up. But you can try and convince people to get the shot and keep running your f*****g mouth. Am I correct?
And I don't care what people think about me. You obviously think I'm a moron for not wanting the shot, yet you haven't pressured me into getting it. Your theory can't really work on both sides stud. Lunatics....give it a rest. I'm not scared of key board warriors trying to bully me into thinking or living the way they were scared into living.

And I don't care what people think about me. You obviously think I'm a moron for not wanting the shot, yet you haven't pressured me into getting it. Your theory can't really work on both sides stud. Lunatics....give it a rest. I'm not scared of key board warriors trying to bully me into thinking or living the way they were scared into living.
Hey dumb shit, it wasn’t posted towards you. It was quoted from the Moran ebdad and responded to him

Reactions: Ol' Dirty Bastard
Not an anti vaccine person per say and there are some vaccines you absolutely should get and others like flu that I don't feel the need for me to get. IMO the concept that covid will be wiped out by these vaccines is naive. They may be effective to one degree or another but are not elimination effective. It will mutate just like other corona viruses have in the past. There are too many people, too many places and too much travel to realistically get rid of it. I'd love to be wrong but I think the cat's out of the bag and it's here and really coronavirus has been here long before. Getting back to normal is going to be as much or more about the mental approach as the scientific approach.

Not an anti vaccine person per say and there are some vaccines you absolutely should get and others like flu that I don't feel the need for me to get. IMO the concept that covid will be wiped out by these vaccines is naive. They may be effective to one degree or another but are not elimination effective. It will mutate just like other corona viruses have in the past. There are too many people, too many places and too much travel to realistically get rid of it. I'd love to be wrong but I think the cat's out of the bag and it's here and really coronavirus has been here long before. Getting back to normal is going to be as much or more about the mental approach as the scientific approach.
While I agree to some extent, I don't agree enough to not get the vaccine. Yes, COVID is likely here to "stay", but we can render it much less deadly by getting vaccinated as a population.

So much wrong in what you believe, These vaccines have been extensively and scientifically tested. They work very well and are quite safe (nothing is 100%). All of the evidence says that they do indeed reduce or prevent the spread and they are extremely effective at preventing DEATH. The risk in people in their early twenties isn't to THEM, but to those around them. As to how long it lasts, it certainly lasts longer if you get the shot than if you don't. Duh

The anti vaxxers conspiracy nuts are going to allow this damn thing to continue to spread and therefore mutate until we are back at square one. Do you not get that? If we all get shots this thing is OVER. Thinks about, NORMAL F'ING LIFE if people just do the right thing. I really don't understand the anti science culture in this country. Take the damn shot and find something else to bitch about. Cripes
Holy Flipping Nut Jobs!! Maybe pull your head out of Fauci's ass for a couple of seconds and get some fresh air.

Would love to see a healthy Bull next year stick it to Griffith. Think he's definitely the better wrestler and wins that 7/10.

Do you work for William Hill? Something about this post reminds me of their Iowa wrestling lines.

Then what happened to MERS? and Avian flu Sars virus?

Reading these arguments (both sides) is like watching a slow train wreck.

This disease was politicized and the truth was the first casualty.

How can you tell if a politician is lying? Their lips are moving.

Think Max Dean would entertain a year in Iowa City?

Then what happened to MERS? and Avian flu Sars virus?

Reading these arguments (both sides) is like watching a slow train wreck.

This disease was politicized and the truth was the first casualty.

How can you tell if a politician is lying? Their lips are moving.

Think Max Dean would entertain a year in Iowa City?
Sounds like a done deal to Michigan doesn't it?

I guess I already moved on from Max Dean. I'm more interested about 2-3 years out recruiting and things of that nature.

Reactions: armbartilt
Medical procedure? It's a damn shot (or two) not a heart/lung transplant. We wouldn't have to discuss mandatory if people would just make the most obviously correct decision. People wouldn't have to be coerced if other people stopped spreading nonsense. There is a greater good question here. If enough people don't get the shot, we don't drop the virus low enough to slow the spread of mutants. If we allow mutations to spread we are back to square one.

Shouldn't care? It affects everyone! We should all care. Again, life can go back to normal and all we have to do is not be STUPID. Why don't you want this to be over?

First, anyone can sue for anything. Winning is a different question. But yeah, let's spend several years getting something through congress (!!!) before we get this thing OVER.

Suck it up, get the shot, get this thing behind us.

So your life has been pretty normal so screw the 600,000 dead people. Tough for them. A coulpe of anecdotes about mild cases makes the whole thing fake news I suppose. The peanut allergy is touching but not relevant. Would you object if knowing that your kid had the allergy people kept bringing peanut treats to her birthday parties? That seems more like the appropriate analogy to people knowingly endangering others by not getting the vaccine.

Seriously, aren't you tired of this? I know I am. Just get the shot, you don't have to tell anybody. They'll still think you're a stud.

Seriously, aren't you tired of this? I know I am. Just get the shot, you don't have to tell anybody. They'll still think you're a stud. So what I’m understanding is that he needs to quit trying to convince people not to get the shot and shut up. But you can try and convince people to get the shot and keep running your f*****g mouth. Am I correct?
No I don’t think I will get the shot but thanks for the advice, psychopaths.

With Borelli going to American U, does everyone thing Griffin follows him? I am sorry for trying to get this thread somewhat back on topic. Please forgive me. :)
I guess Borelli wasn't waiting around to see if Stanford Wrestling could be saved. Good for him. As for Griffith following him, I suppose he could. I can't imagine many moving to D.C. on purpose, and American U doesn't have the panache of a Stanford or Michigan as far as the sports world, but who knows.

I guess Borelli wasn't waiting around to see if Stanford Wrestling could be saved. Good for him. As for Griffith following him, I suppose he could. I can't imagine many moving to D.C. on purpose, and American U doesn't have the panache of a Stanford or Michigan as far as the sports world, but who knows.
Griffith listed Michigan, UNC, and PSU as his 3 options. He sounds like a heavy Michigan lean. I don't think AU is even in the running. I doubt we see many Stanford guys follow. Borelli will need to start from scratch as that program is in bad shape. I was worried they were going to drop it.

Griffith listed Michigan, UNC, and PSU as his 3 options. He sounds like a heavy Michigan lean. I don't think AU is even in the running. I doubt we see many Stanford guys follow. Borelli will need to start from scratch as that program is in bad shape. I was worried they were going to drop it.
Interestingly, some of the top schools in his major (Science, Technology and Society) are also pretty decent wrestling schools: Virginia Tech, Cornell, and Lehigh, for example. Of the three you mentioned, Michigan does seem to be the best.

Without researching I'm assuming they aren't fully funded either, but adding Griffith would be a good start in gaining some momentum for Borelli at his new home. Griffith may have other ideas I suppose, and good for him on whatever he decides, a decision he probably didn't think he'd be facing (as long as it's not PSU, then it's screw you kid! Ha!).

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Without researching I'm assuming they aren't fully funded either, but adding Griffith would be a good start in gaining some momentum for Borelli at his new home. Griffith may have other ideas I suppose, and good for him on whatever he decides, a decision he probably didn't think he'd be facing (as long as it's not PSU, then it's screw you kid! Ha!).
Fortunately, I think PSU is a huge longshot as he wants to go 174 next year. Even the guys on BWI have mostly moved on.

174 is on track to maybe be the best weight of all time next year:

Starocci
Lewis
Griffith
Kemerer
Hidlay
Labriola
Truax
Romero
Smith

3 NCAA champs, 2 finalists, then "depth" guys like Labriola, Truax, etc... Pretty sick.

So much wrong in what you believe, These vaccines have been extensively and scientifically tested. They work very well and are quite safe (nothing is 100%). All of the evidence says that they do indeed reduce or prevent the spread and they are extremely effective at preventing DEATH. The risk in people in their early twenties isn't to THEM, but to those around them. As to how long it lasts, it certainly lasts longer if you get the shot than if you don't. Duh

The anti vaxxers conspiracy nuts are going to allow this damn thing to continue to spread and therefore mutate until we are back at square one. Do you not get that? If we all get shots this thing is OVER. Thinks about, NORMAL F'ING LIFE if people just do the right thing. I really don't understand the anti science culture in this country. Take the damn shot and find something else to bitch about. Cripes
Just a point of clarification, and feel free to educate me on this but how does someone not getting the vaccine cause this to mutate? What I’m told is it doesn’t need to mutate for them, it is actually the vaccine that causes the mutation, no? For the record, I think vaccines work and I have had vaccines, probably too many as I was in the military.

I just don’t like this agenda to push this on people that don’t want it. Right or wrong. While we have very smart doctors etc. they have been wrong many times in history.

Just a point of clarification, and feel free to educate me on this but how does someone not getting the vaccine cause this to mutate? What I’m told is it doesn’t need to mutate for them, it is actually the vaccine that causes the mutation, no? For the record, I think vaccines work and I have had vaccines, probably too many as I was in the military.

I just don’t like this agenda to push this on people that don’t want it. Right or wrong. While we have very smart doctors etc. they have been wrong many times in history.
Considering the mutations started before the release of the vaccines, I'd say no.

Reactions: HawkMD

My limited understanding is that when viruses copy or replicate they don't always replicate exactly/precisely 100% so these "mistakes" are actually mutations. The longer the virus stays around and infects people the more replication errors or mutations that occur. At some point the current vaccines are no longer effective because of these mutations. Thus, the longer the virus "hangs around" and not eradicated, the more likely some sort of mutation will occur that renders the current vaccines useless. New vaccines will need to be developed, tested, approved which obviously takes time.

It seems the current vaccines available would greatly reduce any new waves of infection, whereas the more people who opt out, the more likely another wave will come.

The more the virus circulates the more chance it has to mutate. The more it replicates the more errors there are which can result in "escape" mutants for which neither immunization nor prior infection can provide immunity. Vaccination slows circulation and reduces the probability of mutation.

I apologize for hijacking this thread and the tone of some of my posts but I think it is very important that we reach herd immunity as soon as possible. To me it is not a political issue. The issue is simply the desire to return to normal or to continue to have this disrupting the things we all love to do. If you want 14,000 in the stands for one of the best Hawkeye wrestling teams ever, then do your part to get us to the threshold necessary to have that possibility. It's just a shot, you don't have to changer your politics, religion, or worldly view.

The more the virus circulates the more chance it has to mutate. The more it replicates the more errors there are which can result in "escape" mutants for which neither immunization nor prior infection can provide immunity. Vaccination slows circulation and reduces the probability of mutation.

I apologize for hijacking this thread and the tone of some of my posts but I think it is very important that we reach herd immunity as soon as possible. To me it is not a political issue. The issue is simply the desire to return to normal or to continue to have this disrupting the things we all love to do. If you want 14,000 in the stands for one of the best Hawkeye wrestling teams ever, then do your part to get us to the threshold necessary to have that possibility. It's just a shot, you don't have to changer your politics, religion, or worldly view.
I had Covid, so I did my part for herd immunity.

Are you f*****g retarded to? why group me in this? It’s quoted and responded to ebdad. Learn how to read before responding
In fairness, your post kind of ran together and was harder to decipher because you apparently had a mishap with the Quote/Reply function, at least the version I see (it happens).

So I could see how it could be confusing to others. Just pointing that out, carry on.

I had Covid, so I did my part for herd immunity.
I was thinking that since I have the antibodies, it would be a good idea to spread them around. I am thinking of opening a kissing booth: say 3 dollars for a 6 second kiss. No guys - only girls. I know it is sexist, but I am who I am. What do you guys think.
Let’s be part of the solution and not part of the problem. I could even give stickers similar to the “I voted” stickers. Maybe something like”I am part of the herd”. I could even travel from town to town. No needles. No controversy. No one worried about dying from an injection and instead of big Pharma getting all the money, a lot of small local businesses would profit.
I am a genius!!!!!!!

Reactions: rider57
I was thinking that since I have the antibodies, it would be a good idea to spread them around. I am thinking of opening a kissing booth: say 3 dollars for a 6 second kiss. No guys - only girls. I know it is sexist, but I am who I am. What do you guys think.
Let’s be part of the solution and not part of the problem. I could even give stickers similar to the “I voted” stickers. Maybe something like”I am part of the herd”. I could even travel from town to town. No needles. No controversy. No one worried about dying from an injection and instead of big Pharma getting all the money, a lot of small local businesses would profit.
I am a genius!!!!!!!
You might be able to sell that idea to the anti-vaxxer crowd 😉.

For more legitimacy, you might try a breast feeding booth instead. You could be the antibody donor if you are lactating. If not, you could be the recipient and have those that are lactating come to your booth. Either way, scientifically legit AND....shall we say....titillating.

I am a genius!!!!!!!
Are you sure you still have the anti-bodies? My symptoms appeared June 29th. In February I participated in a study by my state's health department - I no longer had any anti-bodies. Getting my 2nd Pfizer shot on the 22nd.

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
Are you sure you still have the anti-bodies? My symptoms appeared June 29th. In February I participated in a study by my state's health department - I no longer had any anti-bodies. Getting my 2nd Pfizer shot on the 22nd.
Appreciate your participation and info, but you didn't say if you tested positive for COVID on June 29th? Kind of relevant to the discussion other than just symptoms.

Appreciate your participation and info, but you didn't say if you tested positive for COVID on June 29th? Kind of relevant to the discussion other than just symptoms.
I had covid. Had all kinds of wackiness going on until September including neurological weirdness. Six weeks in was when my breathing got so bad I could only speak two words before taking a breath. Yes, positive and never want to have it again.

I had covid. Had all kinds of wackiness going on until September including neurological weirdness. Six weeks in was when my breathing got so bad I could only speak two words before taking a breath. Yes, positive and never want to have it again.
Well that sucks. I've avoided it to this point and have 1 shot down, 1 to go. I've had several family members of various ages get it and they had some minor issues and got on with it after quarantine.

Also my gals Mother had to do the Remdesivir treatments, but was no worse for the wear and she's in her 80's and has some minor breathing issues already.

I haven't even had the regular flu in ages, get shots some years and some years not, been awhile since I did. But I'd rather get the flu on occassion than wear a mask around the rest of my life. Can't wait for that burn party.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT