ADVERTISEMENT

MBB Portal Targets (confirmed contacts)

Every player that Iowa would want in the portal would start at their previous school. Playing time is not the issue. Dix could make more money elsewhere.

That said, he seems like a kid who will be at Iowa for four years.
Not accurate at all. If TJ Power wanted to transfer from Duke or JP Estrella from Tennessee, Iowa takes them without any questions asked.

Don’t you ever get tired of being wrong all the time?

Between our feeble NIL basketball funds and the new additions to the B1G next season, my optimism for any kind of hoop success is greatly diminished. I like McCaffery, but now it's like he's competing with one arm tied behind his back. Might be enough for him to examine retirement as a viable option, especially now that Patrick has entered the portal and Jack has said he won't be playing for his Dad.

AJ Storr of Wis declared for NBA draft but retain eligibility so could come back.
Conner esegian and 2 frosh guards also to the portal.
Storr is the only one that really hurts them.
Esegian might fit Frans profile for guard.

Is it safe to say that Fran will make an effort to bring Tony back into the program? I hope Tony would be receptive to that possibility, if Iowa can scrape together a decent NIL offer.

AJ Storr of Wis declared for NBA draft but retain eligibility so could come back.
Freshman Gus Yalden, redshirted this year for Wisconsin. He was a 4* last year, 6'9". He entered the portal today.

everyone is entering the portal just to see what their worth is.... it's a negotiating tactic.

Show Me The Money GIF

The guards other than Connor are walk-ons. Only one that did anything was AJ. Hasn’t been in the same place for more than a year in 7 years.

Above all else, we need rebounding & defensive minded players. Guards, Forwards & centers. Then a good strong sizeable pg.
If the players other than Tony and Patrick return, the defense will definitely improve. Patrick and Krikke were our worst defenders. Dembele will likely get most of Krikke's minutes. The freshmen will also get some minutes inside and from Patrick's absence. Krikke was a positive on the offensive end, but losing these two is addition by subtraction otherwise.

We will miss Tony, if he is definitely gone. We definitely need another combo or PG, preferably one with some toughness.

I saw Storr has predictions to transfer to illinois if he doesn’t go pro.

That would have to STING for the badgers

When all this shit shakes out, let me know who Fran will have on his roster. This is tiring and BS. I feel sorry for college coaches. A fricking free-for-all. Too many kids could care less about going to college and getting a degree. $1M NIL deals don't guarantee a championship. Look at Baecot (sp?) from NC. Love at Arizona.

Every player that Iowa would want in the portal would start at their previous school. Playing time is not the issue. Dix could make more money elsewhere.

That said, he seems like a kid who will be at Iowa for four years.
That’s not necessarily true. Guys sitting on the bench at Duke or NC would be welcome at Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT