ADVERTISEMENT

**** Men's NCAA Tournament ****

Edey gets real good whistle now that he is a star. Couple plays Zag defenders get their hands on the ball and refs wait to see if Edey misses the shot and then call foul.

I think this Purdue team can beat Uconn but not sure Purdue makes the Final-4. Purdue is looking tough though.

I guess it is good for B1G rep if Purdue wins it all, even though it is mainly because the have a Giant that opens things up for all the rest of the team.
I think Purdue probably has a better shot vs Uconn than Houston.

Theoretical question: put Edey on the Iowa squad this year, does Iowa make the sweet16? Probably not---two inconsistent with 3ball and too weak perimeter defense.
Garza was better than Eddy, the difference is guard play. Good news is I think Harding can be as good as Smith, but Freeman will have to continue to improve a lot to be as good as Edey or Garza.

The giant was a huge project when Purdue got him. They coached him up and he worked his ass off. A lot of teams could have recruited him.
Who’s their next 7’2”+ goon that no one else wanted who will magically become a All-B1G? They’re on quite the hot steak in that department

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Garza was better than Eddy, the difference is guard play. Good news is I think Harding can be as good as Smith, but Freeman will have to continue to improve a lot to be as good as Edey or Garza.
Garza is a far more talented scorer and has some of the best efficiency numbers in history.

That said, it's not the same thing because Edey is so big defenses don't bother him like a normal player.

It's absolutely not the gaurds making Edey look good its the other way around.

Edey passes more in one game than Garza did in a season. His unselfishness is what makes him special.

My gosh these games are physical. Refs need to call just a few more fouls.

This idiot announcer for the Creighton vs. Tenn game thinks it's good that the Tenn player just ran over the screener.... "That'll make him think twice about screening in the future".

What a clown. That's not basketball

My gosh these games are physical. Refs need to call just a few more fouls.

This idiot announcer for the Creighton vs. Tenn game thinks it's good that the Tenn player just ran over the screener.... "That'll make him think twice about screening in the future".

What a clown. That's not basketball
But it’s just a “common foul.” A foul that makes the other team think twice about setting simple screens on offense is just part of the game now, I guess…

These teams are mostly struggling to score vs very physical defenses.
CU is 1 of 10 last ten shots.
You need a above and beyond freak like Edey to open things up.
Edey has very strong hands as they hack away at him constantly in traffic.

Shedd of Houston turned his ankle badly...huge loss. Duke gets the big break..boo.
Houston struggles to score anyway but without shedd they are in BIG trouble.
Knecht is that guy for Tenn...he can elevate them.

Reactions: TheCainer
Glad you enjoyed it. Now, how does he make the guards look good? Purdue plays a three guard lineup, so what else is new?
Well you see, if the defenders are focused on Edey they aren't paying attention to their own guys.

Ever notice when Braden drives off a screen and Edey roles that both defenders always go with Edey?

It gets no easier in college basketball than being Zack Edeys teamate. You are going to get open looks all day.

Tenn with an excellent tackle on the rebound before half. CREIGHTON should have been shooting FTs. Greg M. having a discussion with the official before going to the locker room. I don't understand how you miss obvious calls like that at this freaking level.

Creighton is in trouble. They've been stuck on 39 points for a loooong time. They were leading 39-37. Now down 39-55.

21 - 4 advantage for Tenn in the second half. 13 mins left

Yeah, tough to win 'em all. I was just curious if those games revealed any flaws or patterns that could be exploited.
Outside of 3 big upsets in the NCAA tournament the past 3 years, Purdue has not lost a non-con game since December of 2020 at Miami, FL. The B1G teams have an advantage when playing Purdue due to familiarity.

Of Purdue's 4 losses this year, 2 were in OT, Edey got into some first half foul trouble in a 4 point loss at OSU, and Nebraska actually beat them convincingly in Lincoln, although they did hit 14-23 from 3 that game. Tominaga went off that night as well as one of their bench players who hit 3-4.

Turnovers are Purdue's achilles heel in all of their losses this year as they have averaged over 15/game. Non-conference opponents have to adjust on the fly during their games with Purdue since Edey has started playing as they usually only have a couple of days to prepare. Being physical against Purdue is also an advantage as long as the officials don't blow too many whistles (fouls).

Houston's physical Defense.... still stuck on 4 fouls.

Time to get a coach that plays aggressive physical defense, cause that is what the NCAA rewards

Reactions: HawkBall23
Does Lappas really have all these obscure stats in front of him to speak from, or is he just pulling them out of his ass? Tennessee is #4 in the nation in scoring with under 5 seconds on the shot clock? Really?

Tenn defender hooking the Creighton post player as he tries to make a post move. Play on.

Then a foul call on Creighton on the rebound.

2 more foul calls on the defensive end against Creighton. LOL

Another tackle by Tenn on defense as Creighton drives to the hoop.

Eff this sh*t. Not even basketball.

Announcers bragging about the physicality of Tennessee.... Meanwhile only having 6 fouls called on them. Doesn't add up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT