ADVERTISEMENT

******Midlands Session 1*****

Those that listened on the radio - how exactly did McD and Grace do it? I mean there were 4 and 5 Iowa matches going on all day long. Did they focus on one match - try to do them all - split it up among them? Just give results?

Most of the time there were 4/5 matches, MATT was in someone's corner. Grace does a good job staying on more than one match at a time.

I watched on BTN Plus. Crystal Clear. A little bit of freezing but not too much
I still have both subs so I was able to watch at work on BTN2Go and the wife was able to watch using FLO from home.......I mean I was able to watch in the basement and mom was able to watch upstairs. I get confused some times.

Man has technology improved my ability to waste a whole day at work on wrestling. Never would have thought it was possible just a few years ago.

ET

Tsirtsis just beat Barone of ILL in Tsirtsis like fashion 4-4 in TB2 on about an extra 12 secs or so of riding time
More Barone like. His junior year in hs he had wrestled all 5 of the other state placers on the podium with him either at state or the week before at a sectional. Each of those matches went to UTB.

Reactions: Gobblin
If he doesn't lose his grip on the tilt he is up 4-2.
If my aunt had bigger junk she’d be my Uncle. Point is he got taken down, ridden then reversed and stuck in under four minutes by a guy with far less accolades than Max. There was talk about pulling his shirt and him being ready to go, clearly not the case. Got some work to do. He’s got a lot going for him and is going to be fun to watch, but the kid got hammered.

Reactions: hawknut
Stoll was getting pinned by worse guys than that as a true freshman, give the kid a break.

You know, you're not the first person who has rattled on about the pins Stoll took as a freshman so I finally decided to check out the stats (since my memory sucks). As a freshman he was pinned once...so he wasn't pinned by "worse guys," but rather one guy. And yes, it was by a guy worse than Tanner Hall, to give you credit for that part of your statement. And please don't be one of those guys who chastises every word that is spoken on the board. I'm sure the person(s) who posted the comments - that I concurred with - about Costello meant no harm by the comments, as I'm sure everyone of us on this board (who isn't a PSU fan), wants all of our guys to be the best in the country. But that doesn't mean we can't talk a little smack here and there. If everything said on this forum was all nice, sweet, comforting, blah, blah, blah, most of us would bail and go to another forum where we could actually talk. :)

If my aunt had bigger junk she’d be my Uncle. Point is he got taken down, ridden then reversed and stuck in under four minutes by a guy with far less accolades than Max. There was talk about pulling his shirt and him being ready to go, clearly not the case. Got some work to do. He’s got a lot going for him and is going to be fun to watch, but the kid got hammered.
No doubt he has work to do. Talk of pulling the shirt was definitely optimistic thinking by several fans, and unrealistic the whole time. Murin’s credentials are not that great. A couple PA titles are nice, but rather limited nationally.

But the redshirt talk shouldn’t factor into this match’s analysis. The fact is he got caught on one move. It was not even a move the other guy initiated. Max got sloppy on a roll through and caught on his back. Getting pinned in that situation is not really a beat down. It’s more fluky than anything.

Last edited:
No doubt he has work to do. Talk of pulling the shirt was definitely optimistic thinking by several fans, and unrealistic the whole time. Morons credentials are not that great. A couple PA titles are nice, but rather limited nationally.

But the redshirt talk shouldn’t factor into this match’s analysis. The fact is he got caught on one move. It was not even a move the other guy initiated. Max got sloppy on a roll through and caught on his back. Getting pinned in that situation is not really a beat down. It’s more fluky than anything.
He looks small for a 141 pounder. Sure wish he could make the cut to 133. Go Hawks!!!

IDK, his accolades were good enough to be seeded while Max was not. Murin is scrappy but too small for 141 this year. He is a tweener right now.

Reactions: DirkTang1
I gotta tell you guys, I'm feeling a bit bad for these 285ers that Sammy is pushing around the mat. These guys would rather be DQ'd than feel the wrath of the face smashing, head twisting, shoulder dislocating, arm breaking, etc., that goes on while Sammy is on top trying to roll his opponents. Hope that knee holds out for the entire season...what a fierce competitor! :)

I gotta tell you guys, I'm feeling a bit bad for these 285ers that Sammy is pushing around the mat. These guys would rather be DQ'd than feel the wrath of the face smashing, head twisting, shoulder dislocating, arm breaking, etc., that goes on while Sammy is on top trying to roll his opponents. Hope that knee holds out for the entire season...what a fierce competitor! :)
I agree 100%. Man, I would not want to be tangling with him on the mat, especially me at 160 soaking wet. Go Hawks!!!

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Hopefully Alex can develop a little more self awareness and feel some burn from the truth. He is a talent, but our youth needs better examples of solid character and grace these days. As for folks who don't see his behavior the same as I do, that's OK... they are entitled to voice their own opinions and have their own value system to guide them. But IMHO, they have drank some unhealthy Kool-Aid and may also demonstrate poor sportsmanship themselves. Replies to this post will likely show their true colors.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alex Marinelli gets the pin, then signs autographs for young fans. </p>&mdash; Christian Pyles (@CPyles8) <a href="">December 29, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If he doesn't lose his grip on the tilt he is up 4-2.

Pic of your aunt’s small junk?

Reactions: SDHN2013
Quarters and Consi Round 4 both start at 7pm. Quarters will be on mats 5-8. Spencer is first up on mat 8, Glynn is on deck mat 6 with Happel to follow on mat 6.

Reactions: tigerguy_
Grace said his wife is there with him helping with mat assignments, brackets,etc. I thought that was awesome that she came along to help!
That is awesome! I'm here by myself on a 27 in monitor with 5 windows blazing - and no help just to watch! I can't imagine trying to call the play by play on radio in real time!

You are right. The kid from poly is a SR, and a pinner, and a qualifier. Yeah he will be a .500 wrestler kinda guy but you have to be awake to wrestle. Hope it was a good kick in the crotch!

Hopefully Alex can develop a little more self awareness and feel some burn from the truth. He is a talent, but our youth needs better examples of solid character and grace these days. As for folks who don't see his behavior the same as I do, that's OK... they are entitled to voice their own opinions and have their own value system to guide them. But IMHO, they have drank some unhealthy Kool-Aid and may also demonstrate poor sportsmanship themselves. Replies to this post will likely show their true colors.
I didn't notice the handshake "incident".

What my wife and I did notice was a little kid and his dad flag the big bad bully down for an autograph as he came off the mat. After signing the youth's hat the Bull started to walk off but he himself was gestured back to shake the kids hand. He reached up into the stands and obliged.
Horrible example for our youth.

Troll much?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT