ADVERTISEMENT

my only pet peeve about keeping CERTAIN INFO

Hawkeye2222

HR MVP
Dec 21, 2014
PREMIUM is that if the list of the 60 players that came in and where they were from, would go a long way to shut up the bashers of the coaches about being lazy and would keep trolling from other teams to a bare minimum

Or just pay up for that info. They Are running a business can't give away everything for free.

Who cares out of the 60 kids that come Iowa will be lucky to get maybe 1 or 2 kids to commit.

Majority of them are midwest kids from what I have been reading. I am sure kids from Texas or Florida don't travel that way for a Junior day.

Maybe for a camp, but not a junior day.

You do realize there are only a handful that have upper level Power 5 offers, right? This isn't a knock on the coaching staff, I'm just saying it's not hard to bring a bunch of FCS and MAC level recruits to a Big Ten school for junior day. Very few players at junior day had an offer list that would jump out at you.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

PREMIUM is that if the list of the 60 players that came in and where they were from, would go a long way to shut up the bashers of the coaches about being lazy and would keep trolling from other teams to a bare minimum
Hawkeye2222, I would assume with all the time you spend reading multiple sites you would be able to compile the list yourself.

Without divulging too much info, I was able to see the list and, as you should know (from being the recruiting guru that you are), Junior Days are paid for by the recruit and for that reason they are typically regional. Although Iowa had some kids from Georgia and Ohio, the vast majority of them came from Iowa and bordering states Illinois, Missouri, and Wisconsin. This group will comprise a good portion of next year's class, but many of the recruits which Iowa needs from Texas, Florida, and the East Coast were not in attendance and likely will only attend IF they accept an official visit to Iowa next year. These kids are the ones I'm most interested in and is why I'm not overly excited about Junior Days.

4* OL Olsen is not a MAC level recruit and his dad played for Fry, care to tell that to his face he is nothing but a MAC Recruit,
'
this is exactly my point if they would at least show who and where they are from. that way these posters would shut up and stop bashing Iowa recruits and the coaches.

is that to much to ask?

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

4* OL Olsen is not a MAC level recruit and his dad played for Fry, care to tell that to his face he is nothing but a MAC Recruit,
'
this is exactly my point if they would at least show who and where they are from. that way these posters would shut up and stop bashing Iowa recruits and the coaches.

is that to much to ask?
I didn't say there were not any recruits with good offers, just not many. The vast majority of the players on campus were not Big Ten level players. This doesn't mean Iowa can't have a good class, it just means that Iowa's junior day was not impressive as you are leading on.

Looking at the players that Iowa has a legitimate chance with, Iowa will more than likely be near the bottom of the Big Ten in recruiting again next year. That can change, but right now I don't know how you could predict anything else. At the level Iowa is recruiting, it will take a minor miracle to have any 9+ wins in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT