ADVERTISEMENT

******NCAA Championship Session 1a Thread*******

Vallholl

HR Legend
Feb 2, 2013
Grabbed this schedule off Track and it doesn't appear that Spencer will go right away -
how much time after the pigtail match before his opponent can go?

MAT 1
BOUT
Prelim
Kysen Terukina, 8-5 (Iowa State) vs Patrick McCormick, 8-5 (Virginia)
MAT 1
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Brody Teske, 12-1 (Northern Iowa) vs Brandon Kaylor, 9-5 (Oregon State)
MAT 1
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Taylor LaMont, 9-1 (Utah Valley) vs Jackson DiSario, 7-3 (Stanford)
MAT 1
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Jared Van Vleet, 5-5 (Air Force) vs Jarrett Trombley, 7-4 (NC State)
MAT 2
BOUT
Prelim
Bryce West, 10-5 (Northern Illino) vs Cole Rhone, 5-2 (Bloomsburg)
MAT 2
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Trevor Mastrogiovanni, 13-4 (Oklahoma State) vs Michael DeAugustino, 6-3 (Northwestern)
MAT 2
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Robert Howard, 5-4 (Penn State) vs Malik Heinselman, 10-3 (Ohio State)
MAT 3
BOUT
Prelim
Vinny Vespa, 4-5 (Hofstra) vs Cayden Rooks, 5-9 (Indiana)
MAT 3
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Liam Cronin, 9-3 (Nebraska) vs Jake Ferri, 13-2 (Kent State)
MAT 3
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Patrick McKee, 8-6 (Minnesota) vs Noah Surtin, 8-4 (Missouri)
MAT 4
BOUT
Prelim
Cameron Hunsaker, So 7-5 (Utah Valley) vs Greg Gaxiola, 4-3 (Hofstra)
MAT 4
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Zurich Storm, 8-5 (Campbell) vs Drew Hildebrandt, 10-0 (Central Michiga)
MAT 4
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Jonathan Tropea, 6-4 (Rider) vs Sam Latona, 10-0 (Virginia Tech)
MAT 5
BOUT
Prelim
Wyatt Sheets, RS Jr 6-6 (Oklahoma State) vs Luca Frinzi, 4-3 (Lehigh)
MAT 5
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Brandon Courtney, 11-0 (Arizona State) vs Micah Roes, 6-2 (Binghamton)
MAT 5
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Malyke Hines, 6-1 (Lehigh) vs Devan Turner, 6-4 (Oregon State)
MAT 6
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Killian Cardinale, 12-4 (West Virginia) vs Codi Russell, 15-1 (Appalachian Sta)
MAT 6
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Eric Barnett, 7-5 (Wisconsin) vs Jaret Lane, 8-0 (Lehigh)
MAT 6
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Michael McGee, 8-1 (Arizona State) vs Richie Koehler, 9-2 (Rider)
MAT 7
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Devin Schroder, 9-4 (Purdue) vs Fabian Gutierrez, 14-3 (Chattanooga)
MAT 7
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Dylan Ragusin, 7-3 (Michigan) vs Daniel Vega, 14-6 (South Dakota St)
MAT 7
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Jacob Rundell, 6-7 (Purdue) vs Chris Cannon, 8-2 (Northwestern)
MAT 8
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Logan Treaster, 11-2 (Navy) vs RayVon Foley, 8-4 (Michigan State)
MAT 8
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Gage Curry, 4-1 (American) vs Jakob Camacho, 8-2 (NC State)
MAT 8
BOUT
Champ. Round 1
Micky Phillippi, 8-1 (Pittsburgh) vs Ty Smith, 8-5 (Utah Valley)

Here's my optimistic outlook/prediction (it's a lot more f*** dreaming big, than to have a pessimistic/realistic outlook).

- Each Hawk wins their two matches on Thursday, going 20-0 as a team. There will be 6 pins, 2 techs and 3 majors.

- This will put all 10 into the quarters, where Iowa will win 8 (Murin and Brands dropping their match). Hard to predict bonus points at this stage since competition naturally gets tougher each round. With that said, I expect Spencer to get a pin or tech, with Cassioppi, Kemerer, Eierman, Marinelli and DeSanto all capable of majors, depending on their opponents. I'd say 4 more bonus pts. in the quarters.

- With 8 in the semis, I'm looking at 4-5 advancing to finals: Lee, Eierman, Marinelli and Kemerer, plus either DeSanto or Warner.

- Whoever drops into consolations needs to place and hopefully score bonus along the way. 10 AAs is very realistic. I'd love to see everyone win their last match, meaning they all place either 1st, 3rd, 5th or 7th (nice way to finish a season, with a win).

Scoring record? Not sure, probably would need 6 in finals and win 5 of them. But will be f*** to pound PSU in the scoring. :):cool::D

Here's my optimistic outlook/prediction (it's a lot more f*** dreaming big, than to have a pessimistic/realistic outlook).

- Each Hawk wins their two matches on Thursday, going 20-0 as a team. There will be 6 pins, 2 techs and 3 majors.

- This will put all 10 into the quarters, where Iowa will win 8 (Murin and Brands dropping their match). Hard to predict bonus points at this stage since competition naturally gets tougher each round. With that said, I expect Spencer to get a pin or tech, with Cassioppi, Kemerer, Eierman, Marinelli and DeSanto all capable of majors, depending on their opponents. I'd say 4 more bonus pts. in the quarters.

- With 8 in the semis, I'm looking at 4-5 advancing to finals: Lee, Eierman, Marinelli and Kemerer, plus either DeSanto or Warner.

- Whoever drops into consolations needs to place and hopefully score bonus along the way. 10 AAs is very realistic. I'd love to see everyone win their last match, meaning they all place either 1st, 3rd, 5th or 7th (nice way to finish a season, with a win).

Scoring record? Not sure, probably would need 6 in finals and win 5 of them. But will be f*** to pound PSU in the scoring. :):cool::D

Love the optimistic outlook/prediction...hopefully your crystal ball is working and your predictions come to fruition! Like you, I don't see a chance in hell of achieving the scoring record and don't really care who's second or how much we win by as long as we win. Hoping for great things from the Bull since this stage has not been kind to him. Same goes for Kemerer as well since injuries have plagued him along the way. Hell, we've got such a great group of young men and I want them all to do well. But it would be really nice to see Alex and Kem finally get theirs!

giphy.gif

It all begins with going 10-0 the first round. Just one round at a time.

I think we would all LOVE to see 20-0 today. I want to see Murin against Lovett and see what he is made of. I think Murin has to be chomping at the bit for that one.

If Brands can go 2-0, it would be amazing.

How many did we get to the quarters two years ago?

THE HERMENATOR

Reactions: OldestandGreatest
dumb question - where can you listen to ironside and grace? I thought it was AM 800 but don't see it on the schedule when I look at iheartradio app

I mean I think the UV sanitizers are overboard. You could probably spray some disinfectant and let it set for five to ten minutes and be better off.

Did I hear Grace right that they are just doing the first 5 weight classes first?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT