ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Session III

Just means that the Iowa wrestlers should not be in that position as often as they are...
It's the riding in the 2nd/3rd that kills us. Both ways. Guys either aren't as good on top or struggle to escape, especially vs stall rides.

Can't really do much about their opponents wasting the 1st period blocking/stalling (but only occasionally called) because they don't like that Iowa wrestlers "come at them".

2-6 after 1. TD, 2 NF, Reversal, Reversal. At least that’s what I’m going with following along on Track.

Looks like Bowman is entering desperation mode to try to stick Venz with the way he’s rolling around out there.

Just a bit of sloppy wrestling by Turk. The TD he gave up was on a desperation type move that wasn't necessary. I love his effort and I am glad he's a hawk.
Turk's inability to get out from bottom is what led to that desperation move. If he's tied 1-1, he doesn't have to go for broke. It is what it is, he needs to get better at it if he wants the spot and to make a spash after that moving forward.

Kid goes for it, I'll give him that. He isn't constant motion or anything of the sort, and he doesn't light up the board, but he doesn't quit either. I like that about him for sure. He went down swinging.

Turk's inability to get out from bottom is what led to that desperation move. If he's tied 1-1, he doesn't have to go for broke. It is what it is, he needs to get better at it if he wants the spot and to make a spash after that moving forward.

Kid goes for it, I'll give him that. He isn't constant motion or anything of the sort, and he doesn't light up the board, but he doesn't quit either. I like that about him for sure. He went down swinging.
It was 1-0 when he tried an inside trip. Completely unnecessary and it was a strategy that has worked in this tournament.

I don't believe I said even one time you can't feel the way you want to - I just think it's fairly pathetic to live through college kids - and yes, I have the right in a free country to feel that way.
We're all aspiring to be perfect like you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT