• Ashlyn Koupal (Wagner HS, SD) - SG - ‘26
  • Libby Fandel (Xaver HS, IA) - G - ‘25
  • Jhaliana Guy (Clinton HS, IA) - PG - ‘28

Iowa Commits
  • Aaliyah Guyton - G - ‘24
  • Teagan Mallegni - G/F - ‘24
  • Taylor Stremlow - G - ‘24
  • Callie Levin - G - ‘24
FYI I am pretty positive Guy will be playing for Bettendorf. I think she’s a cousin of the McCorkle girl who is there. McCorkle transferred from Davenport North.

So I don’t see Jenica Lewis on the visit list for tomorrow or am I missing it? would also like to Jordan Speiser. Am I missing them somewhere? I am very happy with our overall visitor list, though!

So I don’t see Jenica Lewis on the visit list for tomorrow or am I missing it? would also like to Jordan Speiser. Am I missing them somewhere? I am very happy with our overall visitor list, though!
They’ve both been to campus. Lewis for sure more than once. Not too worried about either getting a feel for Iowa City.

Speiser is also highly interested in K-State…wouldn’t be surprised if she lands there. Interestingly though they’ve kind of slid (as of late) while KU has had some late season momentum (and won the H2H)…not sure if Speiser has had interest with the latter.

Hopefully they even each other out and Iowa is the superior choice :) I did see she liked the tweet below lol

Last edited:
Hope they were impressed today!

1709500878797-jpeg.536170

Greenway, Bjorn and Lewis.

Did anyone in attendance today get an eye on Deal? It was an interesting day for her in particular bc Ohio State is certainly high on her list. I think her top 4 are likely Iowa, LSU, Stanford, Ohio State. Could anyone tell if she was cheering for the home team??

Did anyone in attendance today get an eye on Deal? It was an interesting day for her in particular bc Ohio State is certainly high on her list. I think her top 4 are likely Iowa, LSU, Stanford, Ohio State. Could anyone tell if she was cheering for the home team??

I really like the Hawks chances of getting her. Hope today gets her to pull the trigger and commit.

I thought I read somewhere that Speiser was leaning towards KSU.

• Sad
Reactions: ddeanHawk
The great thing is that Iowa has drawn significant interest from of number of major players over the next couple of seasons. Rather unprecedented in Iowa WBB. The watershed moment will be when/if one of them commits first, and inspires others to follow. Who do you think would be the most influential recruit in 2025?

Didn't Jensen have a knee injury her first year? Sometimes I think that happens when maybe they don't feel a part of the team. Just speculation.

I always thought Jensen was a 2 guard, but she sure has excelled at that position since.

Lisa and the coaching staff put the full court press on her before the game. Felt bad for the other recruits because they were getting kind of ignored.

Lisa and the coaching staff put the full court press on her before the game. Felt bad for the other recruits because they were getting kind of ignored.
Thanks for the info. At first glance this isn’t surprising tbh. Greenway, Lewis, Bjorn have each reportedly been to campus already — and are younger. Theyre not from too far away either so visiting them is easier as well. Skinner, of course, you’d hope would have been made to feel special.

Last edited:
That's not good
Caught some of Lisa's call-in show on the way home from work tonight. While she wasn't talking about recruiting when answering a question, she did remark, "I was really busy with recruits today..." There were quite a few in this weekend, they were coming from California, Utah, Minnesota, South Dakota, Missouri as well as Iowa...maybe other states as well. Some of them may still be working around state tournament games. Point is, each recruit probably has a different schedule, and she/the staff have to work around that. Perhaps Deal came in earlier and had to leave earlier, so she got more attention early on while those who could stick around today got more one-on-one later in their visits. I don't know at all...just speculating. Even if I'm completely off on this thought, Deal is a 2025 recruit (vs 2026) which would put her above them in my mind, and she would be a HUGE get...therefore justifying more attention. There's sometimes a domino effect in recruiting where once a big star is signed others will follow. Addie has been on campus at least 2 other times, plus her brother is at Grinnell, so we know we're high on her list. I'd want her to be completely sure she know she's at the top of our list as well.

It seemed like there was a group off to the side talking the whole time, seemed like they were having fun. I don't remember seeing Lewis with that group, but Greenway and Bjorn seem to have met up with her.

Reactions: Torg
Hard to tell from the outside who they spent the most time with. Also agree that it could be a matter of coaches and recruits already having a feel for who's here for fun, who's on the fence, and maybe some that pretty much know they want to be here but want to take thier visits.

Reactions: kceasthawk
It seemed like there was a group off to the side talking the whole time, seemed like they were having fun. I don't remember seeing Lewis with that group, but Greenway and Bjorn seem to have met up with her.
I think I read somewhere that Lewis wasn't on an official visit? Anyone know for sure?

I think I read somewhere that Lewis wasn't on an official visit? Anyone know for sure?
She’s been to campus plenty of times already. It’s just down the road in any case. She may take an “official visit” but wouldn’t that just mean Iowa would pay for her hotel lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT