ADVERTISEMENT

**NEW** Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Thread

It’s 6’5 Layla Hays, all the way in Alaska lol. But yeah, I agree she should be the highest priority in the 2025 class. Fortunately I also think she is the warmest target.

Tho I’m not as concerned if we don’t get her since Heiden at 6’4 isn’t too shabby either. I suspect she’ll be rearing to go out the gates and Bluder will be happy to give her the reins.
According to Twitter, Leah Magner is Layla's aunt. Leah played for us the last two years of Angie Lee's tenure and the first two years of Bluder's.

The family aspect didn't help us with Kiah Stokes, but I can't imagine it would hurt us.

He’s making it sound like this commitment is even more exciting than when Lisa signed Clark. This is exciting news but I’m not sure how you top signing CC. Granted, no one knew how good she was going to be but she was the highest ranked recruit ever for Lisa.

• Haha
Reactions: HIWILLE
He’s making it sound like this commitment is even more exciting than when Lisa signed Clark. This is exciting news but I’m not sure how you top signing CC. Granted, no one knew how good she was going to be but she was the highest ranked recruit ever for Lisa.
Sad Fight Club GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

A new Daily Iowan article about Callie Levin:

It's interesting that former Hawkeye Darryl Moore is Levin's personal trainer.

Bumping this here bc no one saw it in the Portal Targets thread and I feel like it deserves more eyes:

Iowa WBB may not be done adding to roster. Rumblings of possible visit by Arkansas portal entry; 6'4" JR to be.

If true, it means one of the following:
  • Swarm is looking to pay for an additional player above the 15 scholly limit
  • Ava Jones is medically retiring
  • Someone is transfering out (and will have to sit a year before they play again, since the deadline has passed for a waiver)
HawkOd says this comes from Hawkeye Insider, I believe they have a source from inside the Swarm, so the first seems like likely. Since this is the first we heard about another visit, I wonder if a major contribution with an intended outcome came thru?

Last edited:
Bumping this here bc no one saw it in the Portal Targets thread and I feel like it deserves more eyes:

• Someone is transfering out (and will have to sit a year before they play again, since the deadline has passed for a waiver)
HawkOd says this comes from Hawkeye Insider, I believe they have a source from inside the Swarm, so the first seems like likely. Since this is the first we heard about another visit, I wonder if a major contribution with an intended outcome came thru?

I doubt this, but just in case....

A grad transfer does not need to go on the portal by the passed deadline, they can transfer at any time. I'm not sure which current players might be in line to be graduating before next fall. AJ??? Addi?? They both are strong students, but I can't remember what they have as majors.

Reactions: Torg and shikreto

A grad transfer does not need to go on the portal by the passed deadline, they can transfer at any time. I'm not sure which current players might be in line to be graduating before next fall. AJ??? Addi?? They both are strong students, but I can't remember what they have as majors.
AJ designed her own major in DEI, so could very well graduate soon. Addi is doing something in the hard sciences (engineering? biochem? something along those lines — it made sense to me when I learned it bc tbh it always seemed like she got less time in the gym and I chalked it up to that) so less likely I’d guess.

I am a skeptic about Dauda to Iowa. Would be the most shocking commit of the Bluder era.

Last edited:
Reactions: shikreto
I guess this should rly stay in the portal targets thread so this will be the last I post here about it. but it seems this topic is not dead over in that thread. Just sharin with the class…

"Update" approx an hour ago:

'Iowa is trying to get her on campus and there have been positive conversations.'

I guess that's better than, "Whoops, we messed up. She's actually talking to Idaho."

They recently changed that rule. Grad transfers' portal to enter closes one day after the undergraduate portal. My supposition, at least.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT