ADVERTISEMENT

PBP - Session II

If Brooks were to win tomorrow, does the NCAA seeding go something like this?

1. Dean
2. Brooks
3. Martin
4. Nickal

Reactions: Exo
I'll chime in on the Meyer discussion. He is doing his best...his skills and quickness are not a good match for anybody within the top 15 during the first period. Things start to flip to his favor when he's on the mat or when his superior conditioning kicks in. Overachiever

maybe I had unfair expectations for him....I really thought he would be in the hunt....he has one more shot at it....I've just never seen a wrestler that caliber that can't defend his legs like that.....Im a fan of all our kids...rarely criticize but sometimes it seems like they aren't living up to their potential....Im sure Brands is more frustrated than any of us....get to your offense early and often

Reactions: Lsanders20
Don't you put that evil on him
I'll chime in on the Meyer discussion. He is doing his best...his skills and quickness are not a good match for anybody within the top 15 during the first period. Things start to flip to his favor when he's on the mat or when his superior conditioning kicks in. Overachiever
I respectfully disagree. I have seen Meyer sprawl better than he did today. It was a rough day on the feet for Alex

Is he a 184 that stayed down cause of Brooks? I don't think his lack of quickness would get as exposed quite as bad.

That would be awesome
No way Martin jumps Nickal if he doesn't beat Brooks (and Nickal takes 3rd). Hard to see Nickal falling out of 2nd if he takes 3rd. He'd be 1-0 v Brooks with 1 less loss and 1-1 with Martin with about 4-5 less losses

Last head to head or tournament placing holds no water on that? You get beat and still seed ahead of the guy who beat you 2 weeks ago?
That is BS of the highest order.

Last head to head or tournament placing holds no water on that? You get beat and still seed ahead of the guy who beat you 2 weeks ago?
That is BS of the highest order.

Huh? Martin and Nickal will be 1-1 against each other this season. Nickal (if he comes back and gets third) will have one loss on the season. Martin will have at least 5 losses(6 counting a medical forfeit).

And you think Nickal, who has pinned the third and fourth ranked wrestlers and beaten the number 5 guy by 6, getting the higher seed would be "BS of the highest order"? What are you even talking about?

Cali high school state finals are on if you like to watch funk and offense. Trackcast

I am tired of hearing of the keep scoring mentality. For the last 6 years we average about 1.5 of 10 each year that try to score. Jesus even Ramos got to the point of 3-2 matches. If you are going to lose then lose but at least shoot. God it is painful. Brandon at least shoot. I will still go to St Louis but for the first time having Taylor as a coach my checkbook will listen to.

I am tired of hearing of the keep scoring mentality. For the last 6 years we average about 1.5 of 10 each year that try to score. Jesus even Ramos got to the point of 3-2 matches. If you are going to lose then lose but at least shoot. God it is painful. Brandon at least shoot. I will still go to St Louis but for the first time having Taylor as a coach my checkbook will listen to.
What is so frustrating is BS showed during the Zain match he can cut it loose and beat anyone. Why he wouldn't just cut it loose and try and score 15 a match is beyond me.

Reactions: TarpHawk
not so many - if you win 1st =4 more. after that i think it is about 2 points for 3rd instead of 4th. and 1 point or so outside of that. Big points are done - if you are close (within 8 points or so) you can overtake. Bonus points are still in-play - but it is usually hard to get those late in the tourney.
Semifinal loser can drop to 6th. They got the 6th place points but not the 5th , 4th, or third place points. 6th to third is another 4 points.

Huh? Martin and Nickal will be 1-1 against each other this season. Nickal (if he comes back and gets third) will have one loss on the season. Martin will have at least 5 losses(6 counting a medical forfeit).

And you think Nickal, who has pinned the third and fourth ranked wrestlers and beaten the number 5 guy by 6, getting the higher seed would be "BS of the highest order"? What are you even talking about?

First off, thank you for the respectful discussion.
Second, the adage "as good as your last fight" is what I am talking about. Yes, if your split with someone, who wins last should get favor. Only have one loss? Great, get behind him. Wrestling is supposed to be the demomocratic sport. You can wrestle off the state champ on your team. Beat him, you go. Lastly, I was stating an opinion that seeding criteria like this is bs. People are allowed to have them big guy. He got beat. Should not be second seed at nationals ahead of the guy who beat him.

First off, thank you for the respectful discussion.
Second, the adage "as good as your last fight" is what I am talking about. Yes, if your split with someone, who wins last should get favor. Only have one loss? Great, get behind him. Wrestling is supposed to be the demomocratic sport. You can wrestle off the state champ on your team. Beat him, you go. Lastly, I was stating an opinion that seeding criteria like this is bs. People are allowed to have them big guy. He got beat. Should not be second seed at nationals ahead of the guy who beat him.

Wait, so do you want to do NCAA seeding based on adages, or do you want it to be democratic? The democratic way to do it is based on the body of work a wrestler puts together over the course of a season, and not according to tired slogans and sports tropes.

Wait, so do you want to do NCAA seeding based on adages, or do you want it to be democratic? The democratic way to do it is based on the body of work a wrestler puts together over the course of a season, and not according to tired slogans and sports tropes.

Too tired for this.....body of work? Ugh.
Ok big boy you win.

Reactions: bphawkeye_Rivals
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT