cannot adjust
7-0
Bradley tries to come out front
Cannot get it and oob
40 s
riding tough
Urbas is over matched and working the turtle
Urbas does not want to be down.
I remember when Junior had to wrestle up at Hwt a couple times.
It didn't end well.

2nd period
Urbas on top. Urbas chose top
rding well
Hill tripod with 1:35
Urbas hanging on
This is a crab ride and now has a leg
RT under a min
on a count with the leg turk
now Hill for an esc
8-0
40 s
end of 2,

3rd period
neutral
This guy is 3 inches taller than Hill
Urbas hasn't had much opportunity to score
urbas misses a duck, Hill counters, and Urbas rings it and covers
TD for Urbas 8-3
"Can he get a turn?" -espn
"Urbas hangs on doesn't give up another point"-espn
Iowa wins 7 of 10 bouts
22-13 winner.

on the video after the match, an women with iowa gear was talking to the Penn coach. then Bobby T went to hug the lady. Mom?

KCIX post game
Iowa was gritty
We didn't look as good as we've been in the past
They came out to beat us
It turned out to be a not awesome match for us
I don't think anyone in the locker room is pleased.
If they are pleased, then they aren't Iowa wresters.

If you like hand fighting for 5 minutes in neutral….vv3 is the man for you. Looking a lot like a 1-0 match.
I hate watching his matches…hope we’re not paying this guy any NIL money. If anything he’s alienating some of our fans with his boring, hand fight 7 minutes and then lose, style of wrestling.

I hate watching his matches…hope we’re not paying this guy any NIL money. If anything he’s alienating some of our fans with his boring, hand fight 7 minutes and then lose, style of wrestling.
In a head to head VV may eke out a 1-2 point win over Rathjen, but at least CR is scrapping and trying to score points. VV is probably going to net 2ish points at NCAAS, but give me Rathjen in duals.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Wtf Woods.

Take a f*cking shot dude.
My god, we are BORING. No sense of urgency for bonus points whatsoever.
This kind of wrestling/performance from these first four weights will not help our recruiting efforts especially given how Woods wrestled just last year. I guess with Lee and ADS graduated everybody just goes back to the hand-fight for 7 minutes style...which will result a very ugly performance at NCAAs and zero recruits from the 2025 class. We've really got to get it together. Love what PK and Gabe did last week and I love the strategy by
TNT last week, but our wrestling has been for shit when we look at our competition. If we don't perform better than this going forward Penn State won't be our only concern; they will be one of many.

To be fair to the program some bad things have happened lately
Yeah I fully agree with you here and it’s why I have not fully lost my mind yet lol. I’m close no doubt and Jim really left us bare but this team just isn’t it and for our standards at Iowa are high. Seems a lot of kids just don’t have “it”

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
This kind of wrestling/performance from these first four weights will not help our recruiting efforts especially given how Woods wrestled just last year. I guess with Lee and ADS graduated everybody just goes back to the hand-fight for 7 minutes style...which will result a very ugly performance at NCAAs and zero recruits from the 2025 class. We've really got to get it together. Love what PK and Gabe did last week and I love the strategy by
TNT last week, but our wrestling has been for shit when we look at our competition. If we don't perform better than this going forward Penn State won't be our only concern; they will be one of many.
I honestly would like to see them shirt Gabe, save the eligibility of Ferrari, hit the portal hard and regroup next year. We are simply not a trophy winning team this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT