ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds takes aim at AEAs

Have you seen an ounce of actual change at your school since this law was adopted? I seriously doubt it.
Take a look at indiana and the other states that took their marching orders from ALEC and the heritage foundation when they wrote legislation. The end goal is to get money to the homeschoolers that shelter their child from any thinking other than their own.

Take a look at indiana and the other states that took their marching orders from ALEC and the heritage foundation when they wrote legislation. The end goal is to get money to the homeschoolers that shelter their child from any thinking other than their own.
LOL - this change just happened. It's a fallacy that you know what the outcomes are.

You're a shill.

You ****ing moron - I gave an hypothetical to demonstrate a point. Dowling can't take on 10K students. There's not 10K students who want out. JFC.

Your idiocy is astounding.

Edit to say 10,000 new students would be about 2.5% of the public school population. That's more than all the private schools in Iowa can take on. They might het to 4000 new students at some point yet Kim has devoted $300M to fund this effort. That comes out to about 75K per new student. 10X what the state pays per public school student.

If this sham continues you can be sure there will be private entities taking advantage of it. Most prominent will be home schooling.
It was your hypothetical. You aren't very good at this. Try being less stupid

Reactions: Pinehawk
And you took it as fact. Because you're a moron.
No you complete fool. You laid out a hypothetical and I applied actual numbers to your idiocy. That you don't understand it isn't a real surprise. That you can't do math is also not a surprise.

By the way Wisconsin has had a very successful voucher program since 1990. Lots of voucher schools in the state working quite well for low income students and families.

Like I said. Try being less stupid.

No you complete fool. You laid out a hypothetical and I applied actual numbers to your idiocy. That you don't understand it isn't a real surprise. That you can't do math is also not a surprise.

By the way Wisconsin has had a very successful voucher program since 1990. Lots of voucher schools in the state working quite well for low income students and families.

Like I said. Try being less stupid.
Below is your response. Claiming that there are 10K students who want to get out. That's not even close to accurate - you said that because you took my hypothetical as fact. Because you're stupid.

And the point was the private schools can't even approach handling 10K new students. But you missed that as well. Because you're a moron.

Wisconsin's voucher program is geared toward low income families. Primarily in Racine or Milwaukee. Outside of those areas vouchers are only allowed to a family of 4 with less than $61,050 of income per year. Likewise, not all private schools are eligible and there is accountability and reporting required. It's nothing like the Iowa program. But you don't know that because you're an idiot.

10,000 students want put of their current school in this scenario and you think West Des Moines not letting them in is the problem. You just illustrated the issue wonderfully and don't get it at all.

10k kids and their parents want out. Why would they want out? They must all be Maga idiots right?

Let's work more on your scenario. 7,600 per kid with 10k kids is 76 million dollars. That is 76 million dollars per year. I wonder if there was that kind if demand for a product with a guaranteed payment if the market could rise to the occasion. It is so interesting when people like you lay out these scenarios that you think will make a point and yet underlines the opposite of what you are selling.

It's a failure even before it begins for the reasons stated. The "proof" you want won't be evident for years. This is just your way of turning a blind eye to it. Hell, you've even stated private schools should have to report on how they're spending the money and their progress - that alone makes it a failure.

We get it - you're a parochial school shill because you support the religious organizations that are benefitting.
Nope. I support the kids that are benefiting. If even one kid that couldn’t afford to go to his/her choice of school gets to, it’s worth it.

If I don’t think my kid should be exposed to something, anything at all, then that should be my choice. But youve hit the nail on the head.

Parents, some not all, have strong reservations against the direction public schools are heading in regards to some of the social things they are exposed to and accordingly want other options.

If I don’t think my kid should be exposed to something, anything at all, then that should be my choice. But youve hit the nail on the head.

Parents, some not all, have strong reservations against the direction public schools are heading in regards to some of the social things they are exposed to and accordingly want other options.
They always have. Mostly due to religion so they paid for it.

This. You can choose to send your kid to a religious school. Why the f/ should I have to pay for it? Separation of church and state you right wing gun owner original textists
Not how that works counselor. If it were, certainly the case would be before the SCOTUS.

I’m quite certain case law and precedent exist supporting the policy. You tell me?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
This. You can choose to send your kid to a religious school. Why the f/ should I have to pay for it? Separation of church and state you right wing gun owner original textists
You don’t. Why should it matter to you which school the state sends the money allotted per student?

Each child costs the same amount no matter where they choose to go. We have been over the cost per pupil spent in Iowa for K-12. 11k/year. The amount allotted to each student to attend a school of true choice is considerably less than the 11k.

What this does do is pull that funding from the public school they might have attended. But not all the money.

You don’t. Why should it matter to you which school the state sends the money allotted per student?

Each child costs the same amount no matter where they choose to go. We have been over the cost per pupil spent in Iowa for K-12. 11k/year. The amount allotted to each student to attend a school of true choice is considerably less than the 11k.

What this does do is pull that funding from the public school they might have attended. But not all the money.

So If I don't support I-35 construction tax paid money, I should be able to send my money to E-18 county road?

Your premise is wrong and parochial schools will not take on the tough IEP kids. You know it. I know it. Therefore public schools will be sheltering all the costs

Your premise is wrong and parochial schools will not take on the tough IEP kids. You know it. I know it. Therefore public schools will be sheltering all the costs
Yep. We'll get to keep the kids that cost $40k a year to educate and take a huge hit on them while Johnny in his BMW gets to go to a private school for free.

This makes total sense, especially with no oversight of and accountability from the private institutions.

Below is your response. Claiming that there are 10K students who want to get out. That's not even close to accurate - you said that because you took my hypothetical as fact. Because you're stupid.

And the point was the private schools can't even approach handling 10K new students. But you missed that as well. Because you're a moron.

Wisconsin's voucher program is geared toward low income families. Primarily in Racine or Milwaukee. Outside of those areas vouchers are only allowed to a family of 4 with less than $61,050 of income per year. Likewise, not all private schools are eligible and there is accountability and reporting required. It's nothing like the Iowa program. But you don't know that because you're an idiot.
It was your ficking scenario that you laid put you compete dimwit

Seems the Iowa Governor is backing off on her original proposal to trash the AEA.

The rush to the sub committee hearings has been overwhelming in support of AEAs.

We'll see the backlash continue from rural school districts until Reynolds realizes her numerous mistakes.

Keep hope, Iowans.

Seems the Iowa Governor is backing off on her original proposal to trash the AEA.

The rush to the sub committee hearings has been overwhelming in support of AEAs.

We'll see the backlash continue from rural school districts until Reynolds realizes her numerous mistakes.

Keep hope, Iowans.
I would think “smaller” districts are the ones benefitting the most from AEA expertise……Kim’s proposal is to enable these districts to hire their own experts…and then “share them” to keep costs down……when this is what the AEAs are doing today, and keeping personnel by paying them “competitive” salaries/wages.

Yep.

The other issue was Reynolds ramrodding this through and wanting school districts to decide by some time in April.

Doesn't seem like Terrace Hill put much effort into this idea.

It was more about slashing the AEA budget to free up funding for the voucher giveaway.

That you took as real. Because you're a moron.
Simply applied the math to your scenario. I wonder if it had even sunk in yet that the math stays the same at scale. I doubt it because you truly as stupid as advertised.

Will maintain that you simply need to be less stupid. Your scenario literally demonstrated the absolute bullshit you are selling

Simply applied the math to your scenario. I wonder if it had even sunk in yet that the math stays the same at scale. I doubt it because you truly as stupid as advertised.

Will maintain that you simply need to be less stupid. Your scenario literally demonstrated the absolute bullshit you are selling
You didn't, you were simply stupid enough to believe that there are 10,000 new students wanting to move from public to private schools. You're ignorant to the fact that private schools couldn't handle that many new students even if they wanted to - and they don't. That 10,000 new students is 2.5% of the public school population so even at that extreme high end number it would be serving a fraction of the public school students. And that Kim has pledged $300M to this which is an astronomical sum per new student attending private school even at this highly inflated hypothetical number.

You're an idiot. You took an inflated hypothetical number of students used to demonstrate how absurd this policy is as the actual number of new students. The fact remains that the vast majority of the students receiving this subsidy were students at private schools before the policy was put in place. The fact remains that the choice of who attends private schools remains with the school. The fact remains that the number of new students attending private schools will be a tiny fraction of the public school population.

The policy is a sham to benefit religious organizations and well to do families who have been support their private schools.

In short, you're an idiot.

You didn't, you were simply stupid enough to believe that there are 10,000 new students wanting to move from public to private schools. You're ignorant to the fact that private schools couldn't handle that many new students even if they wanted to - and they don't. That 10,000 new students is 2.5% of the public school population so even at that extreme high end number it would be serving a fraction of the public school students. And that Kim has pledged $300M to this which is an astronomical sum per new student attending private school even at this highly inflated hypothetical number.

You're an idiot. You took an inflated hypothetical number of students used to demonstrate how absurd this policy is as the actual number of new students. The fact remains that the vast majority of the students receiving this subsidy were students at private schools before the policy was put in place. The fact remains that the choice of who attends private schools remains with the school. The fact remains that the number of new students attending private schools will be a tiny fraction of the public school population.

The policy is a sham to benefit religious organizations and well to do families who have been support their private schools.

In short, you're an idiot.
Welfare for the middle/upper class of Iowa. The kind of “economic development” Iowa Republicans love!

Keep hope, Iowans.
Probably because she's taking a hit publicly. KCRG with a fact check to refute Kimmie's false statements.
https://www.kcrg.com/2024/01/20/fact-check-reynolds-aea-history-special-education-performance/

Keep hope, Iowans.
That’s what my wife is hearing. The public backlash, especially with teachers and administrators has come out strongly in favor of the AEA. Social media sucks for the most part, but there was a social media campaign that was fast and furious in support of the AEA. Good for social media on this. So my wife is hearing that the cuts might not be as deep as previously thought, directly due to the backlash.

That’s what my wife is hearing. The public backlash, especially with teachers and administrators has come out strongly in favor of the AEA. Social media sucks for the most part, but there was a social media campaign that was fast and furious in support of the AEA. Good for social media on this. So my wife is hearing that the cuts might not be as deep as previously thought, directly due to the backlash.
Kim’s AEA plan is part of her “gotcha” master plan for public schools. By “gifting” is mix ox Federal, state and local monies directly to each school district, she is preparing public schools for the inevitable cut in funding coming their way once she cuts more Iowa state taxes. This “additional” monastery to each district will actually do nothing more than replace the lost funds coming their way.
Plus, it will be interesting to see how the assets of the AEAs will be distributed throughout the state after their inevitable break-down. AEAs provided valuable “independent” non-traditional school services for Iowa schools. The professions AEAs provide Iowa schools are cost effective and efficient on the whole. It’s a pretty solid system that is in place and unique to Iowa. Kim is posed at the Iowa Education Association because they questioned and opposed her of gifting tax monies to private/parochial schools. This is one way Kim is getting even for their public opposition on that issue.

Kim’s AEA plan is part of her “gotcha” master plan for public schools. By “gifting” is mix ox Federal, state and local monies directly to each school district, she is preparing public schools for the inevitable cut in funding coming their way once she cuts more Iowa state taxes. This “additional” monastery to each district will actually do nothing more than replace the lost funds coming their way.
Plus, it will be interesting to see how the assets of the AEAs will be distributed throughout the state after their inevitable break-down. AEAs provided valuable “independent” non-traditional school services for Iowa schools. The professions AEAs provide Iowa schools are cost effective and efficient on the whole. It’s a pretty solid system that is in place and unique to Iowa. Kim is posed at the Iowa Education Association because they questioned and opposed her of gifting tax monies to private/parochial schools. This is one way Kim is getting even for their public opposition on that issue.
She’s incredibly vindictive.

Parents are mobilizing against this plan.
This is why Kimmie jammed through the voucher program so quickly last year, with so little public input. Kimmie doesn't want Iowans having a voice in policy.
The area GOP that refused to attend that meeting in NL were afraid to face questions from the public.

Truly disgusting behavior from Iowa Republicans. But behavior that we've come to expect.

I saw that story on the news Sunday nite and called Sherman's office today. Got some staffer that said they'd forward my message to him.

Yeah, right!

Republicans=Trash

Reactions: srams21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT