ADVERTISEMENT

Rouse

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Very quiet with his recruitment. ON3 is saying it is between The Hawks and Huskers. We'll see

And two guards and a center.

and depth....It is a rare season where both Tackles stay healthy for every game and sometimes we've seen points in season where both starting Tackles are injured. From what I've seen we have One Tackle on the team....Richman...the other guys they've tried at Tackle like Colby, Plumb, Elsbury have not looked to athletic enough to block in space. KF/BF definitely should be taking two Tackles....spend some Swarm money.

and depth....It is a rare season where both Tackles stay healthy for every game and sometimes we've seen points in season where both starting Tackles are injured. From what I've seen we have One Tackle on the team....Richman...the other guys they've tried at Tackle like Colby, Plumb, Elsbury have not looked to athletic enough to block in space. KF/BF definitely should be taking two Tackles....spend some Swarm money.
You don't just snap your fingers and say swarm money. Wish it was that simple.

You guys calling out the line probably never played and certainly are not worthy of carrying their jock strap. Colby and Jones are Sophomores and Steven's was a Freshman.
Definitely agree with you and especially about Stephens. He's got a mean streak and Definitely has an upside. I can see him being a really good offensive lineman. I think he really progressed through the season and has a lot of years ahead of him.

You guys calling out the line probably never played and certainly are not worthy of carrying their jock strap. Colby and Jones are Sophomores and Steven's was a Freshman.
While this is true for every college athlete vs message board posters (unless they actually played college football).... you don't need to be in the trenches to know the OL play has been garbage regardless of age. I've never understood this argument.

There is a huge problem with the OL right now

While this is true for every college athlete and message board posters (unless they actually played college football).... you don't need to be in the trenches to know the OL play has been garbage regardless of age. I've never understood this argument.

I completely agree but expect big things from Stephens.

While this is true for every college athlete vs message board posters (unless they actually played college football).... you don't need to be in the trenches to know the OL play has been garbage regardless of age. I've never understood this argument.

I rewatched all of the games over the past two weeks. I saw several issues that the line has faced for several years.

1. Iowa is a run first offense and teams load the box with at least eight to stop the run. Our receiver room has struggled getting separation off the line, the short quick passing game has been nonexistant. WR injuries certainly made for a thin room.

2. Petras' lack of mobility hurt and he seemed to struggle looking for options 2 & 3.

3. With a struggling running game, defenses don't respect the run fake, making it hard to roll out or drop back.

I thought we looked better against Kentucky who had a top 20 defense. I think there are some good pieces on the line.

I rewatched all of the games over the past two weeks. I saw several issues that the line has faced for several years.

1. Iowa is a run first offense and teams load the box with at least eight to stop the run. Our receiver room has struggled getting separation off the line, the short quick passing game has been nonexistant. WR injuries certainly made for a thin room.

2. Petras' lack of mobility hurt and he seemed to struggle looking for options 2 & 3.

3. With a struggling running game, defenses don't respect the run fake, making it hard to roll out or drop back.

I thought we looked better against Kentucky who had a top 20 defense. I think there are some good pieces on the line.
67 yards rushing for the entire game. 24 of that in the last few plays of the game. Prior to that it was 43 yards rushing for an average of 2.0 yards per play against a defense that allowed over 140 yards/game and over 4.2 yards per carry. If that's better, I think the bar is way too low. Maybe the pass protection was somewhat improved?

Sorry you had to rewatch all of the games the past couple of weeks to draw these conclusions. I mean....these have been pointed out hundreds of times (maybe more) on this board over the course of the last 4 months. Solid work on your riveting assessment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT