ADVERTISEMENT

Session III - PBP

Watched the video of Ca$h's match

TB1 when Mattiace is on top.

They go oob in 23 seconds. This is the First C on Mattiace. I thought it was on Ca$h for starting to early, but the ref clearly points to a confused Mattiace. Ca$h stands, gets dumped down with 18 seconds and back up and Ca$h gets up and out with 14 seconds left. When Ca$h gets to his feet, he gets hand control and they go OOB. The escape and OOB were very close to being at the same time. Ca$h is clearly out but Mattiace is still in / close to being in.
On the neutral restart Mattiace walks to the center and just taps Ca$h's head. Like they are in a practice room. Ref calls it as the second C: no argue.

TB when Ca$h is on top.
Ca$h chases him out at 23 seconds. Penn challenges for locked hands. Review. No locked hands and they lose their challenge. Restart after the review, to their feet. Mattiace turns and The Body lock reversal occurs at the 12 second mark. Mattiace takes Ca$h to his back. He rolls and scrambles to get out. They are near OOB with 5 seconds and it looks like Mattiace can keep a toe in a run the clock out, however Ca$h hits the scorer's table and the ref points to it and calls OOB. 2 seconds left. Mattiace does clap a couple of times (nothing obnoxious).

The escape in 2 seconds.
I watched the escaped very intently. I stopped it and advanced the frames by 1 second Wilcke is to his feet and fully turned from the 2 second to 2 second mark. That is in ZERO seconds. At the 1 second mark, the his hips are back and the hands of Mattiace are still on the sides of hips. At zero seconds, he is clearly out. I could not stop the frames any better but it occurred to be a 50/50 call. However, since Penn had used a challenge on the locked hands, they were "out" of challenges and cannot get a review. Iowa clearly could have challenged it. The ref has a "buzzer" on their wrist to start the clock, according to ESPN

On their feet OT
On their feet again, Wilcke takes a shot on the reshot, Mattiace is in deep on one of his only shots. Crowd wants "2". Mattiace has Ca$h on his butt and head is down. Hand around both sides but Ca$h has him locked. They go OOB with 18 seconds left and back to the center.
Once again in the center. Mattiace taps Ca$h on the head, not even close to the restart for the third C in 2:00 of wrestling action.

Match over.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT