ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Nick Brooks decomitted

Fans that root for Iowa: "I say good riddance. Yeah, we didn't need him anyway. We're good with the guys we got!"

*OL whiffs on another block and Deacon Hill, starting for a second year in a row is strip-sacked for a scoop and score*

Also fans that root for Iowa: "THIS OL SUCKS!!! FIRE EVERYONE, INCLUDING THE OL COACH AND THE UI PRESIDENT AND WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE OF MARKETING BECAUSE THEY SUCK AT THEIR JOBS TOO!!!!!"

he has vibes of the big lineman that was in wisconsin for hs, then North fayette, committed to iowa, decomitted, committed then went to indiana and really never played.
Can't remember the name

Ripping on a teenager for having second thoughts about his commitment and blaming him for not sticking to it, or for not waiting to commit until he was 100%, is f*cking stupid and delusional. The kid is 17, he owes nothing to Iowa football, and this will be one of the biggest decisions of his life. I'd love to see some of the choices and decisions some of you made at 17.
Let me guess, you either don't have children, or your children are loser excuse makers who always have someone else to blame. (and it sounds like the blame should fall on your parenting)

life goes on...there are probably 40 kids like him in Georgia, 50 in Texas, and 30 in Florida. He was most likely 3 years away from probably starting at Iowa anyway. Contrary to fan belief recruits like B. Ferentz and I have heard many OL recruits really like Barnett as a person and coach. Writing is on the wall. there will probably be more changes on the Offensive side of the ball heading forward. first Signing day is in what 5 weeks too.
No, there simply are not many kids this size. That is why he will be coveted.

No, there simply are not many kids this size. That is why he will be coveted.
Exactly. And the 120 kids from Florida, Texas and GA help us how @jaysea21 ? We have not developed linemen for whatever reason the last few years whether this kid is flighty or not it's a position of need, as are pretty much any offensive players moving forward.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
I know Kennedy lost to Cedar Falls twice this year I believe. Did he look like he could dominate at the next level?
I’m not gonna say much…the kid is probably what, 16 or 17? He needs to lose a bunch of weight and reshape his body for starters. Definitely a good run blocker but struggled in pass pro in the games I saw him and sure liked to talk a lot shit for someone getting worked. I hope the best for the young man, but this isn’t the end of the world.

I firmly believe this has nothing to do with Iowa's offense as much as people claim, he's not a skill guy that isint going to get his touches he is a lineman who is going to run block or pass block reguardless of the offense. This in my opinion is all about the $ and I believe Colorado had just offered and Dion himself just said recently they need all new lineman and threw them under the bus. This kid smells the $ and I would bet the $10 in my pocket he will end up in Colorado. I dont care who our OC is and how good or poor he is your not stopping a kid in todays world from chasing the money. I'm not a BF fan but I cant blame him for this as much as others.

While I think there's a lot going on w/this kid offensive recruiting is not going to be easy. 3 years of lousy and a lot of uncertainty everywhere on the offensive side. We have our work cut out for us for sure.
The ghost of BF is going to hover over the Iowa offense for a while.

Reactions: millah_22
Let me guess, you either don't have children, or your children are loser excuse makers who always have someone else to blame. (and it sounds like the blame should fall on your parenting)
Two daughters, one recently graduated college w/honors, the other just started college. They're both badasses, so try something else. Lol.

You really shouldn't let the decision of a 17 year old HS kid who you've never met affect your daily life to this extent. Why let your panties get into such a serious bunch just because he didn't pick your team? Lol.

Two daughters, one recently graduated college w/honors, the other just started college. They're both badasses, so try something else. Lol.

You really shouldn't let the decision of a 17 year old HS kid who you've never met affect your daily life to this extent. Why let your panties get into such a serious bunch just because he didn't pick your team? Lol.
This site is exponentially better when you put ol abby on ignore.

Brian is gone bro. Maybe Brian was his guy? Maybe he fears Kirk will depart sooner? Maybe Deion swooped in or will swoop in?
Brian is gone? That’s great! Who’s calling the offensive plays Saturday?!? Or maybe the kid got sick and tired of seeing how bad the offense is and was like, “Why on earth would I go there right now?”

Iowa's offensive offense is due to a lack of talent and a bad scheme not player development.
There’s no way you actually believe that player development is not a problem on the offensive side of the ball. If so, then please name one player on our offense that it is clearly better now compared to when he arrived on campus, especially OL.

Just stop. You have no idea what you are talking about. There are more Hawkeyes in the NFL than they have a right to have because of Iowa's program. There isn't a better place for an offensive lineman in the country if he wants to play in the league. Iowa's offensive offense is due to a lack of talent and a bad scheme not player development.
Our o-line has been crap for a few years running now (despite Tyler L). We aren't developing linemen with the moron running that room right now.

2025 class will be flux till the new OC is named and they can sell what that hire brings. I would say on this Player from what My In Laws in CR have said having watched the Metro area games there are mobility and effort shortcomings , That is the PG version of what I was told and it pretty much is the same vibe the earlier poster was alluding too. Iowa just needs to finish the Season get an OC in place and move forward. The Swarm collective will be VERY important this offseason , very important indeed .

This is why I rarely bother to check this stuff. It just leads to aggravation. Until they've signed the letter, they haven't committed to jack.

Reactions: pistachio1999
Cannon Leonard kid will be a great hawk OL someday… has this kids height but with a bit more athletic ability, just needed to add some weight and technique work… book it. Has nothing to do with this kid but reminded me that sometimes these giant kids dominate at run game and don’t have the athleticism for pass blocking… this kid seems like that if he doesn’t get the right coaching. I hope he does well wherever he goes…

I don't know but I watched Proctor play Saturday and no one got passed him.
You must have tuned in late. #4 went right around him early in game for a sack. 20 seconds into the video below.

He's played well for a FR well but has given up 10 sacks this year too.

Last edited:
With this fan base booing and bitching the entire game at the coaches etc.,. No wonder! I heard it first hand, unbelievable, never before had I been so embarrassed in Kinnick. Like spoiled fking brats, meanwhile their team was about to go 7-1 but for the officials. It’ll get worse, and Iowa will be buried with the likes of Purdue bc of the selfish idiotic fan base we now have w younger spoiled clueless fools…. Have fun talking about the good old days with KF in about 5 yrs. Dipshits.

• Haha
Reactions: Easthawk1062
With this fan base booing and bitching the entire game at the coaches etc.,. No wonder! I heard it first hand, unbelievable, never before had I been so embarrassed in Kinnick. Like spoiled fking brats, meanwhile their team was about to go 7-1 but for the officials. It’ll get worse, and Iowa will be buried with the likes of Purdue bc of the selfish idiotic fan base we now have w younger spoiled clueless fools…. Have fun talking about the good old days with KF in about 5 yrs. Dipshits.
Awwwww. Yes. The good old days. I remember five years ago. Iowa had an actual offense. It was glorious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT