ADVERTISEMENT

Soldier salute

Drake should cruise.

Teske vs Schreiver is big if it happens. Rini is good too.

Real against McNeil is going to be fun. I dont think McNeil is going to play defense so Real may end it quick if he gets going.

VV vs Ferrari is going to be a bore but critical for starting lineup.

Franek and Panira may look alot like VV and Ferrari. Id love to see Franek open it up a bit on offense.

Cali and PK is the must see match. We argued about it alot while PK was out but here we go. If Angelo enters here, then its by far the best weight of the tournament.

Gabe cruises. Going to be interesting to watch him against much lower ranked wrestlers. I think we see alot more offense.

Hope Riggins can get to finals in front of home crowd.

AJ, this will be fun to watch.

Hill same as Riggins, get to the finals and get a chance to win it in front of the home crowd. Is BK back from that stupid game out in Florida or can we have him fly in for a couple of days?

Just looked at midlands. 400 participants, several major teams with tons of starters. Seems they have got it back! Yes fan of midlands because of history…particularly iowas dominance as well as the level of compitition. I dont mind SS but not same weekend. Imo i dont think SS ever matches midlands if on same weekend.

I wouldn’t call it “back.” I just looked through the entries. A lot of backups and not so many starters from the best teams. Its weaker than it was 5-10 years ago let alone the 80s and 90s.

The SS has a long way to go. And like you said, it might never match. But it is nice to see the competition take a step forward this year.

I wouldn’t call it “back.” I just looked through the entries. A lot of backups and not so many starters from the best teams. Its weaker than it was 5-10 years ago let alone the 80s and 90s.

The SS has a long way to go. And like you said, it might never match. But it is nice to see the competition take a step forward this year.
Lots of starters, lots of back ups, D2 D3 as well.

After watching ISU-Cornell where CU ducked all the best matchups, maybe I am too cynical, but I am not sure coaches even want to go to a great tournament. Especially now that you can’t default out of a tourney without the loss counting against you. Why take your top rated kids somewhere they could drop some matches, when instead you could go to the end of the year without those losses? If true, the Midlands won’t ever become great again, but neither will any other tourney.

They were up with the disclaimer that changes could still be made, and they’re not up anymore.

Reactions: el dub
Does Anthony have a RS? Say he goes to the salute and doesn’t beat out VV and Rathjen and doesn’t start this year. Does that hurt us with AJ and Angelo?

Reactions: kkhawk
Does Anthony have a RS? Say he goes to the salute and doesn’t beat out VV and Rathjen and doesn’t start this year. Does that hurt us with AJ and Angelo?
Pretty sure he does have a RS available as I don't think he enrolled at Okie State. How would him getting beat out hurt us with his brothers?

Anthony is going. He’s the top seed.

Angelo has signed with Iowa. I don’t see how is brother losing a spot he never had would hurt anything.

All the brackets are again up except 197.

Drake should cruise.

Real against McNeil is going to be fun. I dont think McNeil is going to play defense so Real may end it quick if he gets going.

Franek and Panira may look alot like VV and Ferrari. Id love to see Franek open it up a bit on offense.

Cali and PK is the must see match. We argued about it alot while PK was out but here we go. If Angelo enters here, then its by far the best weight of the tournament.

Gabe cruises. Going to be interesting to watch him against much lower ranked wrestlers. I think we see alot more offense.

Hill same as Riggins, get to the finals and get a chance to win it in front of the home crowd. Is BK back from that stupid game out in Florida or can we have him fly in for a couple of days?
I would hesitate to say Drake should cruise. His potential semi-final matchup is multiple time AA Pat McKee. Drake is 0-5 vs him. A potential finals match vs #7 Jore Volk of Wyoming is a very tough test as well.

Remember freshman can wrestle unattached now it's 2nd semester . So if you're looking to save a date for a freshman he would go unattached
Just to clarify, are all these winter break events considered second semester? Never been clear to me where the line is.

Drake should cruise.

Real gonna end it quick against McNeil…🤣🤣🤣just like he was gonna tech echemendia…….apparently you’ve never seen McNeil wrestle

I see first session starts at 10, is that men and women or women first? Just got off work so trying to see if I have time for a quick nap or just power through

Selfishly, I’m hoping they redo the entire bracket. Original version of this bracket had all three gopher 197’s in the same semifinal grouping lol. Please spread them out!
Saw that as well and agree with you. They need to be moved, especially with matches against teammates not counting towards NCAA qualification.

Reactions: sdvike
Saw that as well and agree with you. They need to be moved, especially with matches against teammates not counting towards NCAA qualification.
IDK. Depends on what coaches want and their input. Minnesota's may priorize an increased likelihood of H2H in a tournament setting over increased match count. If not, then I'd agree with any sentiment that it looks bad, and that could have a negative affect on the tournament's growth.

After watching ISU-Cornell where CU ducked all the best matchups, maybe I am too cynical, but I am not sure coaches even want to go to a great tournament. Especially now that you can’t default out of a tourney without the loss counting against you. Why take your top rated kids somewhere they could drop some matches, when instead you could go to the end of the year without those losses? If true, the Midlands won’t ever become great again, but neither will any other tourney.
This won't change until the Conference and NCAA seating boards change their approach to seating.

I say if a coach dodges a match or if it's a major tournament and doesn't bring starter (barring injury) then the wrestler gets docked seating points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT