ADVERTISEMENT

State Wrestling 2024

I used to. It's never going to happen. When and where?
Didn't there used to be something a few weeks after the state tournament where some of those matchups happened? In Charles City? May have only been two classes then. Not sure everyone trained for those.
You wouldn’t love to see it anymore?

@el dub Orabies got a title tonight at 190 2-A. Kory Roos' son. 1st title since Josh Ihnen who went on to AA at Nebraska.
Cook. The only Roos I know is Chuckie from Boyden. Who is Kory’s dad?

Edit: Did my homework. Chuckie lives in Lyon county and not grandpa of Kory’s state champ son.

Last edited:
Yes.

He was 235 lbs for football and had to cut to make 215.

Gonna be interesting to see how he grows. I see him in the vein of a taller Kyle Snyder. "Undersized" Heavyweight, but technically better than his peers, and that's where he can take advantage.

If he’s walking around at 235 as a 6’4” 16 year old HS soph I doubt he’s going to be terribly undersized in 5-6 years.

O
Didn't there used to be something a few weeks after the state tournament where some of those matchups happened? In Charles City? May have only been two classes then. Not sure everyone trained for those.

The CC all star meet always/used to invite all the champs but they don’t always show and most don’t maintain their training for it. Especially when it was in June back in the day.

Back in 80s-90s most wrestled in the Fort Madison FS tourney shortly after state. To me it always seemed to be the informal all class tourney. Great matches.

Technically it is not a “true” seedling like they do at tournaments during the season.

It is a points based seeding that is very heavily weighted towards older kids.

You get points for being a state qualifier, state placer, state champ… Then there are other criteria that freshman can get, but they will most likely always fall behind older kids with state experience.

It is not unlike how they seed Worlds and the Olympics.
Well then it's a 💩 💩 💩 💩 system.

If Schwab was a 1 seed no reason at all for Landers to be seeded so poorly.

Not an Iowa fit with that style
Bored Will And Grace GIF by Cameo

Kid is an absolute stud and seems to be a great kid as well. Hoping the Hawks can get him. Bright future for him!

Totally agree, might be the most exciting Hs wrestler in the state, and this will go over like fart in an elevator here, but I’m hoping if he’s a Hawkeye I’ll be watching him at Kinnick. Always a chance he could two sport it I guess

Reactions: shobart
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT