ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano to Rutgers?

I know several of my friends who wrestled for him at ISU would disagree with you. Dude is a giant POS, but it's not like that's much of a secret outside of State College (nothing new for that fanbase).

They do have a history.....

I know several of my friends who wrestled for him at ISU would disagree with you. Dude is a giant POS, but it's not like that's much of a secret outside of State College (nothing new for that fanbase).

I'll take the giant POS with a side of 6 championships. My point being, you would like Cael too if he had the same results at Iowa.

Please go on. Don't tease us so.

I am not going to go into too much detail out of respect of my friends, but I can say with absolute confidence that at the end of the day Cael only cares about one person: Cael

However, I do have another great story about him. Another one of my friends (great HS wrestler, but chose to pursue a different path in college) had posted a tweet that was negative towards Cael. I can't remember what it said exactly, but it wasn't anything major or inappropriate. Basically was just saying Cael sucked or something like that.

This was in 2013 (right before the NCAA's in Des Moines), and Cael actually got my friend's phone number from somebody and called him about it. I know this is 100% true, because once my friend knew who it was, he recorded the call (I listened to it afterwards). Cael suggested they meet up when he was back in Iowa to "roll around" and said he didn't appreciate him talking that way about him.

When my friend mentioned to him that he was surprised a 4x NCAA champ, Olympic gold medalist was so concerned about the opinion of a 22 year old college kid, Cael got real quiet and pretty much just hung up the phone. The dude is a huge douchebag.

This was in 2013 (right before the NCAA's in Des Moines), and Cael actually got my friend's phone number from somebody and called him about it. I know this is 100% true, because once my friend knew who it was, he recorded the call (I listened to it afterwards). Cael suggested they meet up when he was back in Iowa to "roll around" and said he didn't appreciate him talking that way about him.

When my friend mentioned to him that he was surprised a 4x NCAA champ, Olympic gold medalist was so concerned about the opinion of a 22 year old college kid, Cael got real quiet and pretty much just hung up the phone. The dude is a huge douchebag.
So you're saying that about half of Hawkeye Report should be receiving a phone call from Cael any day now? If anyone takes him up on his offer, please be sure to capture on video, and post immediately.

I am not going to go into too much detail out of respect of my friends, but I can say with absolute confidence that at the end of the day Cael only cares about one person: Cael

However, I do have another great story about him. Another one of my friends (great HS wrestler, but chose to pursue a different path in college) had posted a tweet that was negative towards Cael. I can't remember what it said exactly, but it wasn't anything major or inappropriate. Basically was just saying Cael sucked or something like that.

What's the weak point of that story as you told it? Think about ...

I heard that Cael called Suriano's dad, said he didn't appreciate the way he was talking about him, and then asked him down to Happy Valley to "roll around".

Here's Cael's favorite movie character.;)

I heard that Cael called Suriano's dad, said he didn't appreciate the way he was talking about him, and then asked him down to Happy Valley to "roll around".

Here's Cael's favorite movie character.;)

Heard stories of him going apoplectic over a 2nd string ISU kid transferring to Wartburg. Combine that with a couple stories him throwing fits when he misses on top recruits, I am sure this Suriano situation isn't pretty.

Last edited:
Reactions: MVPFAN
FWIW, I'm going to repeat what an ex-ISU wrestler told me within weeks of Cael leaving ISU. I was told Jamie Pollard had dressed-down Cael concerning proselytizing and this blew up the relationship and his loyalty to ISU. Apparently, Pollard handled the situation very poorly. I haven't heard this since, but the source was about as good as you can get.

If it's true, it explains a lot.

So you're saying that about half of Hawkeye Report should be receiving a phone call from Cael any day now? If anyone takes him up on his offer, please be sure to capture on video, and post immediately.

I don't know about a phone call, but this would be me in the stands..
randy-marsh-what-do-you-wanna-do.gif

FWIW, I'm going to repeat what an ex-ISU wrestler told me within weeks of Cael leaving ISU. I was told Jamie Pollard had dressed-down Cael concerning proselytizing and this blew up the relationship and his loyalty to ISU. Apparently, Pollard handled the situation very poorly. I haven't heard this since, but the source was about as good as you can get.

If it's true, it explains a lot.

Proselytizing? Very impressive BUT you may want to dumb it down just a tad. Have you read some of the posts?:)

Last edited:
Rasheed has lost his spot 2 years in a row on his team and even given the circumstances still has nothing bad to say about the guy and he seemed like a pretty good guy when I met him last summer but I guess there's something's I don't know

Reactions: Grass
Rasheed has lost his spot 2 years in a row on his team and even given the circumstances still has nothing bad to say about the guy and he seemed like a pretty good guy when I met him last summer but I guess there's something's I don't know

You just came to the conclusion that 'there's something's I don't know'?

I am sure he is going to talk shit about his coach to some numbnut he meets during the summer. Great example.

Hey NY, I usually try to keep things light around here but I've got a serious question for ya. Does Rasheed ever say why he doesn't look to transfer? Seems like a guy that would want to start somewhere and he's probably gonna be stuck behind Nickal, McCutcheon and Cassar the next 2 years.

Was wondering that myself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT