ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano to Rutgers?

I am not going to go into too much detail out of respect of my friends, but I can say with absolute confidence that at the end of the day Cael only cares about one person: Cael

However, I do have another great story about him. Another one of my friends (great HS wrestler, but chose to pursue a different path in college) had posted a tweet that was negative towards Cael. I can't remember what it said exactly, but it wasn't anything major or inappropriate. Basically was just saying Cael sucked or something like that.

This was in 2013 (right before the NCAA's in Des Moines), and Cael actually got my friend's phone number from somebody and called him about it. I know this is 100% true, because once my friend knew who it was, he recorded the call (I listened to it afterwards). Cael suggested they meet up when he was back in Iowa to "roll around" and said he didn't appreciate him talking that way about him.

When my friend mentioned to him that he was surprised a 4x NCAA champ, Olympic gold medalist was so concerned about the opinion of a 22 year old college kid, Cael got real quiet and pretty much just hung up the phone. The dude is a huge douchebag.
#CNN

Could be the kid just likes being at Penn State. We've had guys hang around at Iowa that could have started elsewhere.

Reactions: hlstone
Cowboy might be referring to the fact that BWI locked down the thread over there.

Kind of sad that the only open thread about a PSU kid possibly transferring is on HR.

Think I know why that is...

On BWI, threads can get locked if there is too much speculation. On HR, threads can go on forever even when they go off the rails.

On BWI, the mods warn you to stay in line. On HR, the mods say toughen up and stop whining about trolls.

So would that make BWI the Bizarro World of HR?

Here's a pic of some BWI posters meeting some HR posters. :);)

bizarroWorld.jpg

Too many pages to read with too many tangents I'm sure and BS. SO:

Is there seriously a possible change with Suriano???? That would be awesome, anywhere but PSU.

Too many pages to read with too many tangents I'm sure and BS. SO:

Is there seriously a possible change with Suriano???? That would be awesome, anywhere but PSU.
There is lots of smoke and he is supposedly bumping up to 133 regardless of where he decides to wrestle.

FLO Live had a great show today on Suriano. I'd be curious to see if this situation has made Teasdale rethink his commitment to PSU? Lee and Teasdale at 25/33 for the Hawks just makes too much sense.

Was thinking the problem may be that the coaches would like him to RS, if he can't make 125, to grow into 133 while Keener handles the weight this year. The RS might also clash with his desire to go MMA if he was planning to go 4 years and move on.

With all the speculation, I hope he will stay but if not I wish him well.

I doubt we have this conversation had Nick been healthy enough to challenge for the top of the podium.

His thread was getting to Brody 141 levels on bwi before they shut it down...in comparison, this is a short thread.

Anything that might show a crack or might prove that PSU is not always f*n...shut it down. Cowardly act.
Then reason it got shut down had nothing to do with Suriano. Note the new Suriano threads there.

Hasn't Suriano been training boxing and Bjj for years now during the off season? I don't think him doing it this year also should make people believe he's trying to go MMA route anytime soon. I think he just likes to cross train to not burn out. You have never seen him on the FRECO seen.

His thread was getting to Brody 141 levels on bwi before they shut it down...in comparison, this is a short thread.

Anything that might show a crack or might prove that PSU is not always f*n...shut it down. Cowardly act.
The thread got shut down I believe when some HR posters started rolling it off the rails with comments about Cael and Long.

Reactions: nitlion6
Just like the PS posters do here. There is a simple solution to that.
Although I get what you're driving at, I dont think there are many or any PSU posters over here insinuating Brands is less than a respectable guy. There may be one or two on BWI doing that, just like there are some here that do it to Cael, but I would hope that PSU posters severely flaming Brands on the HR would get a timeout.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
That thread wasn't close to Spencer's wedding one much less getting near Brody. But Dayhawk did the dirty work ;)

Reactions: WildTurk
I would agree with that but I'm not a moderator.

I get that you can't answer why that thread was locked, but it does seem odd to think it was because HR posters brought up Cael and Long.

There is another thread on BWI titled "PDIII to iowa?". On that thread several PSU posters bring up the subject of Andrew Long, even labeling him a "sexual deviant". They go on to say they hope PD3 joins the Hawks so that no one will be able to throw the Long story in their faces anymore. That thread didn't get locked, so it doesn't really make sense.

Reactions: Neo_Hawk
Am I the only one who thinks that all negative posts about Iowa wrestling and the Brands boys should be deleted on HR? Some of the posters should be banned also

I am not going to go into too much detail out of respect of my friends, but I can say with absolute confidence that at the end of the day Cael only cares about one person: Cael

However, I do have another great story about him. Another one of my friends (great HS wrestler, but chose to pursue a different path in college) had posted a tweet that was negative towards Cael. I can't remember what it said exactly, but it wasn't anything major or inappropriate. Basically was just saying Cael sucked or something like that.

This was in 2013 (right before the NCAA's in Des Moines), and Cael actually got my friend's phone number from somebody and called him about it. I know this is 100% true, because once my friend knew who it was, he recorded the call (I listened to it afterwards). Cael suggested they meet up when he was back in Iowa to "roll around" and said he didn't appreciate him talking that way about him.

When my friend mentioned to him that he was surprised a 4x NCAA champ, Olympic gold medalist was so concerned about the opinion of a 22 year old college kid, Cael got real quiet and pretty much just hung up the phone. The dude is a huge douchebag.
Sounds real believable. So when Cael got emotional after one of Taylor's finals losses he was crying for himself? The amount of hypocrisy on this site is amazing. "douche bag"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT