ADVERTISEMENT

The Cupboards Are Bare

Thunderlips71

HR Heisman
Oct 29, 2014
Absolute coaching malfeasance by Kirk on the offensive side of ball. Just look at the recruiting and player “development” over the past three seasons and objectively ask yourself (1) where this staff has earned its paychecks and (2) which groups give you optimism going into next season:

Tight end group = one of the best in the nation and doesn’t get enough credit for blocking effectively

Running back group = meh. Some potential but Johnson wasn’t himself this year. Williams certainly had some bright moments this year.

Quarterbacks = worst in the country

Offensive line = worst in the country

Wide receivers = worst in the country

The only saving grace for this offense next year is Lachey is coming back and Brian isn’t. Cade is a major upgrade over Hill but also isn’t going to light the world on fire. Our only hope is that they hit transfer portal hard for OL or maybe someone emerges.

Absolute coaching malfeasance by Kirk on the offensive side of ball. Just look at the recruiting and player “development” over the past three seasons and objectively ask yourself (1) where this staff has earned its paychecks and (2) which groups give you optimism going into next season:

Tight end group = one of the best in the nation and doesn’t get enough credit for blocking effectively

Running back group = meh. Some potential but Johnson wasn’t himself this year. Williams certainly had some bright moments this year.

Your critiquing him when he had his 3 rd string QB, and receiving core? U can’t be that dmb?

The only saving grace for this offense next year is Lachey is coming back and Brian isn’t. Cade is a major upgrade over Hill but also isn’t going to light the world on fire. Our only hope is that they hit transfer portal hard for OL or maybe someone emerges.
How do u know Cade won’t? What did he do when healthy last time u saw him? I’m curious? Bc I was there to see it. Jfc yall dmb!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: ICHerky and GHawk

I am guessing KF will 'evaluate' in the off season (as he always does) and then proceed to dole our bonuses/promotions to Copeland, Barnett, and Budmayr. He may even try to arrange a golden parachute for his son Brian - at the urging of his wife Mary.... ;)

Your critiquing him when he had his 3 rd string QB, and receiving core? U can’t be that dmb?
You just proved my point, silly. Kirk & co. have failed miserably at recruiting talented players and developing depth on that side of the ball.

All other teams deal with injures/opt-outs/transfers. Just look at today’s opponent: missing its starting QB, two leading rushers, starting defensive end, six defensive backs, two wide receivers, two linebackers, and an offensive lineman. And they still whipped the shit out of Iowa 35-0.

Stop making excuses for Kirk Ferentz’s failures.

The guards got whipped a lot and I saw OLs just flat miss assignments a fair amount as well.

3 year starters in some cases.
The problem is, just like this year, KF will have very good feelings about the OL experience we have coming back and will be optimistic. There is no development of this line. We will likely have 3 and 4 year starters not get drafted. That says an awful lot.

You just proved my point, silly. Kirk & co. have failed miserably at recruiting talented players and developing depth on that side of the ball.

All other teams deal with injures/opt-outs/transfers. Just look at today’s opponent: missing its starting QB, two leading rushers, starting defensive end, six defensive backs, two wide receivers, two linebackers, and an offensive lineman. And they still whipped the shit out of Iowa 35-0.

Stop making excuses for Kirk Ferentz’s failures.
It might be a good thing to remember the smartest thing Hayden Fry ever said while at UIowa…….”You’re never as good as you might think you are…..and you’re never as bad as what people say you are.“

Where can I score what you 2 have?

Seriously. As much as today sucked,.it's still a 10 win season.

That team finished 3-8 and lost 5 in a row to end the year including a blowout loss to the Gophers.
I would love to take blow off the toilet you use if you happened to watch any big the west game and the 3 ass fvckings we took from anyone with a pulse. Wake up.

It might be a good thing to remember the smartest thing Hayden Fry ever said while at UIowa…….”You’re never as good as you might think you are…..and you’re never as bad as what people say you are.“

Except that last statement has been disproven this year. The offense is objectively as bad as everyone has been saying it is.

And I give Cade about a 25% chance of making it through the season. Very good chance we end up relying on the back-up again. If that’s Hill again, 1) the new OC should be fired and 2) we’re screwed.

There should certainly be multiple coaches let go on the offensive side of the ball. Hodge and Betts should be the only ones returning in my opinion. The TE and RB room are in good shape. Budmayer(whatever his name is) should have been fired yesterday.

And I give Cade about a 25% chance of making it through the season. Very good chance we end up relying on the back-up again. If that’s Hill again, 1) the new OC should be fired and 2) we’re screwed.

One would hope they would scour the portal

The guards got whipped a lot and I saw OLs just flat miss assignments a fair amount as well.

3 year starters in some cases.
Yeah, the OL remains a huge problem. It needs to be blown up but there’s nobody better in the program. I highly doubt we can solve that problem via the portal. This year, Feth was average at best and Parker didn’t even play.

Highly ironic that our HC’s forte has become such a disaster.

The seeds of the offensive downfall began with the MASSIVE whiff on the OLine recruiting in the Class of 2021.
That class had Davidkov, Myslinski, and Stephens. Through injury/bad luck/no development none ever contributed. Add in, from that class, Dunker/Colby...who are average on a good day, and we have the current mess.

Reactions: GHawk and Tom Paris
Yeah, the OL remains a huge problem. It needs to be blown up but there’s nobody better in the program. I highly doubt we can solve that problem via the portal. This year, Feth was average at best and Parker didn’t even play.

Highly ironic that our HC’s forte has become such a disaster.

Oh no doubt. It's the most mystifying part.

I saw the guards get literally thrown aside in more than one game. I don't like to call out individuals.

The problem is, just like this year, KF will have very good feelings about the OL experience we have coming back and will be optimistic. There is no development of this line. We will likely have 3 and 4 year starters not get drafted. That says an awful lot.
Our OL will be better next year....

• Haha
Reactions: littlez and DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT