ADVERTISEMENT

The Cupboards Are Bare

Brian has destroyed our quarterback and receiving rooms. Maybe one of the young qbs will be good but we will never see it. If we are counting on Cade staying healthy and not having a contingency plan like we didn’t have this year, that’s a problem. The line is as bad as it’s been this century.
What would be your contingency plan? Maybe having a 5 and a 4 star backup QBs waiting for their opportunity? Get real, we lack the speed and talent at the skill positions and Iowa's best HS linemen are going to Alabama. You're likely looking at a 10 year decline in Iowa FB unless some multimillionaires step up with NIL money to buy some skill players...

What would be your contingency plan? Maybe having a 5 and a 4 star backup QBs waiting for their opportunity? Get real, we lack the speed and talent at the skill positions and Iowa's best HS linemen are going to Alabama. You're likely looking at a 10 year decline in Iowa FB unless some multimillionaires step up with NIL money to buy some skill players...
this would not be the world's smartest investment

Reactions: doughuddl2
I’m probably one of the few, but I think this group of OL could be good with a different position coach and OC.

I have zero doubt that those coaches are out there and attainable. I have much doubt that we’ll end up with any of them.
I’ve been saying this for awhile as well. You can’t tell me all 8-9-10 guys on the o line suck. Our scheme actually makes it almost impossible to execute these days. When you’re as predictable in formations and down and distances as we are with the elite athletes on defense it makes the game really really hard. Then you put QB’s that can’t move in empty backfields and other ridiculous things we do it’s a no win situation. This mess can’t be cleaned up. It needs to be blown up.

I’ve been saying this for awhile as well. You can’t tell me all 8-9-10 guys on the o line suck. Our scheme actually makes it almost impossible to execute these days. When you’re as predictable in formations and down and distances as we are with the elite athletes on defense it makes the game really really hard. Then you put QB’s that can’t move in empty backfields and other ridiculous things we do it’s a no win situation. This mess can’t be cleaned up. It needs to be blown up.
I agree I don't think this OL is very good to begin with but I don't believe they are awful either. Predictability kills us.
Kirks constant arrogant view that Execution mitigates Predictability was doubled and tripled on by his OC son who like Dad has that same arrogant view. That works when you are loaded with 5* but we aren't.
There's so many things they could do on offense to move the ball but they don't because "we just don't do that here"

Reactions: littlez
That's the impression I came away with the one time I saw Iowa play in person. They won the game, but man they looked like a lower division team vs years past.

The coaches are not trying to be brain surgeons or rocket scientists. They are trying to do football. According to KF. I suppose that is an apt analogy by captain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT