ADVERTISEMENT

The Double Standard of Anti-Semitism

My guy....you are chugging the propaganda. I get you're trying to drive home this "the left are hypocrites" narrative or maybe Americans are hypocrites? Idk but you're one step away from the deep end. I just feel like your underlying issue with all of this is that it's hypocritical of American college students to support Palestine while also supporting African-American and LGBTQ+ rights. Idk man, just how I'm reading you're very passionate posts.

My guy....you are chugging the propaganda. I get you're trying to drive home this "the left are hypocrites" narrative or maybe Americans are hypocrites? Idk but you're one step away from the deep end. I just feel like your underlying issue with all of this is that it's hypocritical of American college students to support Palestine while also supporting African-American and LGBTQ+ rights. Idk man, just how I'm reading you're very passionate posts.
Is he wrong?

Reactions: ClarindaA's
We get it, what some of these protestors are doing and saying is disgraceful and disgusting. We all agree on this. You don't get a monopoly on these feelings.

The difference between us is that some of us also believe that the genocide of a people, including the death of at least 25,000 women and children (all human shields though amirite ;)) 228 foreign aid workers and 100 journalists so far is also disgraceful and disgusting, especially when we are funding it.

Both of these things are bad, it's ok for you to admit it.

We get it, what some of these protestors are doing and saying is disgraceful and disgusting. We all agree on this. You don't get a monopoly on these feelings.

The difference between us is that some of us also believe that the genocide of a people, including the death of at least 25,000 women and children (all human shields though amirite ;)) 228 foreign aid workers and 100 journalists so far is also disgraceful and disgusting, especially when we are funding it.

You forgot to count the bodies of 10/7 victims and also the hostages.
Carry on.

Is he wrong?
I mean, yeah? I honestly don't know. It just doesn't make sense to me that he's using examples of an actual war like it's the same thing as the culture war that's going on in America.

There is a huge difference between protesting BLM and LGBTQ+ and Israel vs Palestine. They don't even compare.

To me, this whole Palestine vs Israel situation really shows you how small American issues are currently.

Anyone who thinks it's acceptable to compare LGBTQ+ and African-American rights in America like it's the same thing as the ever escalating war in the Middle East has an agenda they are trying to push too hard.

FaultyGator does not like Liberals. We get that. That point has been driven home and then some. It just seems like he's going an extra step too far with this thread. That's just my viewpoint anyway.

It's amusing to see guys like him try to take the high road.
13,000+ dead children in Gaza so far.

By guys like these:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ree4
Here? Where? On this message board? Because you posted a story about it from NBC who wasn't ignoring it. Also, are they doing that on a college campus and being allowed to attend classes the next day with no repercussions? Thanks for proving my point with the Double Standard so perfectly.
Yes, here on this board. Every time someone posts a story about nazis waving their flags.

Thousands of students in masks calling for the death of Jews and America while cheering on Hamas, and your first reaction is to deflect away from it. Exactly what I expected from you.

Because with the left, if you're a liberal screaming pro-Hamas chants and calling for the destruction of Israel, Death to America and Death to Jews, it's all part of that famous "right wing conspiracy" you have learned to love ever since slick Willie was getting hummers (from a Jew, ironically) in the Oval Office.
So many straw men in here you could start an army.

Strawman as I have never stated differently from anything you just brought up. How about all of these things being true? Follow along.

The attack on Israel on October 7th was bad.

The death of thousands of Palestinians in response is bad.

The cheering of Hamas by Palestinians dragging a dead naked girl through the streets makes me care way less about their deaths as they were all for whatever violence Hamas was dishing out.

The death of innocent children and Palestinians is awful and should be avoided at all costs.

Protests of this response is perfectly fine.

Many of the protesters have zero fvcking clue what they're even protesting about.

The cheering of Hamas and Death to Israel and Death to America chants on college campuses is happening and these people are rabid anti-Semites.

The colleges who have let this fester and grow nearly out of control are to blame and enablers of the anti-Semitism.

These colleges are hypocritical because if these protester were "anti-anything but Jews" rallies, students would be expelled and professors fired, immediately. Hence the thread title talking about he double standard.

All of these things are true and happening currently and it's OK for you to admit it.

I mean, yeah? I honestly don't know. It just doesn't make sense to me that he's using examples of an actual war like it's the same thing as the culture war that's going on in America.

There is a huge difference between protesting BLM and LGBTQ+ and Israel vs Palestine. They don't even compare.

To me, this whole Palestine vs Israel situation really shows you how small American issues are currently.

Anyone who thinks it's acceptable to compare LGBTQ+ and African-American rights in America like it's the same thing as the ever escalating war in the Middle East has an agenda they are trying to push too hard.

FaultyGator does not like Liberals. We get that. That point has been driven home and then some. It just seems like he's going an extra step too far with this thread. That's just my viewpoint anyway.
Fair assessment. But this thread is more about my dislike of hypocrites than liberals. There are many liberals I very much like.

I posted several videos in this thread already. Why don't you watch them?

Here...is the phrase "We are ALL HAMAS" confusing to you?

OH good effing God...a Fox News link...of course they are going to exaggerate the hell out of this. Do you see a lot of white Americans in that video shouting? Let alone THOUSANDS?? I saw what looked to be Muslims shouting. Have the day you deserve.

Reactions: torbee and Ree4
OH good effing God...a Fox News link...of course they are going to exaggerate the hell out of this. Do you see a lot of white Americans in that video shouting? Let alone THOUSANDS?? I saw what looked to be Muslims shouting. Have the day you deserve.
Perfect. FOX did a special on the Holocaust a while back. Glad to know you don't believe in the Holocaust because of it. Of course, your behavior in this thread has already made that point obvious. Get help.

He's just both sidesing things as usual. Now he thinks all democrats support HAMAS, apparently.

Strawman as I have never stated differently from anything you just brought up. How about all of these things being true? Follow along.

The attack on Israel on October 7th was bad.

The death of thousands of Palestinians in response is bad.

The cheering of Hamas by Palestinians dragging a dead naked girl through the streets makes me care way less about their deaths as they were all for whatever violence Hamas was dishing out.

The death of innocent children and Palestinians is awful and should be avoided at all costs.

Protests of this response is perfectly fine.

Many of the protesters have zero fvcking clue what they're even protesting about.

The cheering of Hamas and Death to Israel and Death to America chants on college campuses is happening and these people are rabid anti-Semites.

The colleges who have let this fester and grow nearly out of control are to blame and enablers of the anti-Semitism.

These colleges are hypocritical because if these protester were "anti-anything but Jews" rallies, students would be expelled and professors fired, immediately. Hence the thread title talking about he double standard.

All of these things are true and happening currently and it's OK for you to admit it.
I agree with ALL of this...but for some reason you post in a way that all of this from both sides is equal and that libs hate Israel. The people harassing Jews makes me sick. If they aren't Americans kick them the eff out of the country.

Some of those protesters sure seem fine with Hamas.
Some of those protestors have probably always hated Israel. Not many Muslims like Israel so when I see people who look Middle Eastern, yeah I think they probably don't love Jewish people.

Apparently they're wrong. See how easy that was?
Your first post in this thread stated "Is it pro-Hamas or Pro-Palastinians? There's a difference. I don't know anybody who likes Hamas."

Amazing how you now have been awakened to the reality! You've managed to miss this reality since October somehow, but Alas! You've seen the light! After ignoring and avoiding a hundred videos posting simple proof, you've decided to click on one and accept that this may actually be happening! And when you finally see the light, and realize how stupid you've been, what is your awesome response??? "Apparently they're wrong." Wow. So inspiring.

Some of those protestors have probably always hated Israel. Not many Muslims like Israel so when I see people who look Middle Eastern, yeah I think they probably don't love Jewish people.
Yeah. They're called anti-Semites. And they're the college students now spewing their hatred. Complete effing scumbags. Took you long enough. Congrats, I guess.

All I can say is that the killing, maiming and starving of innocent non-combatants, esp, women and children constitutes cowardice and genocide. Killing an 80 year old dude for yuck yucks whether done by the Indian Army, US Army, or aliens from Zeta Reticuli is shit. Here's my 2 cents. You cannot kill people and then when they want to kill you yell "Hey that's anti-semitic." No one with a working brain supports Hamas. Then again, if you lived in a tin shack hut where you poop outside, have no electricity and drink poop water and still call that a good life, and next day a drone or F-35, which we supply for pretty much f'ing free, bombs you and maims your kids and makes you blind, I can see why they support terrorists, as they have NO FREAKING MILITARY force.

Now, what do I think of these students? I think most of you are young and 99% percent of you don't know shit about the middle east, couldn't spot it on a map or lived there. This shit has been on going for decades. My entire youth was the Arab-Lebanese war, ramifications thereof, and the shit stain that continues. Prior to that was the PLO, Black September, Munich, blah blah blah.

I used to be a blanket supporter of Israel. No more. I don't support the Arabs either because at least where I lived wealth was extreme and they did jack shit for their poor brethren. Lebanese refugees in Dubai were treated like hot garbage, which for even an early teen like me made me sad.

Most of the students protesting don't know shit. They are doing it because they are privileged and think it will make a difference. It wont. That being said, America cannot and should not blindly support Israel. There is a difference between anti-zionism and anti-semitism. Israel can and should exist as an independent nation, not the 51st state of the US. It's sad to see that the people who were the victims of the holocaust resemble the Nazis more than the people who gave us empathy and culture. I don't condone these actions by _any side_ and honestly, they should be attending class.

But give me a f'ing break. In the 80's life was about protests. Apartheid protests including camping out on campus. Hell there was a sit in at the President's office at the University of Iowa. Maybe you thick headed clowns or those not born in those times should go to your local library and go through some microfiche or read the digital edition of the daily Iowan. The intifada existed to redress dissimilarity in killing--largely aided by us. All humans bleed red. There is nothing special just because you are a Christian or a Jew.

Last edited:
Your first post in this thread stated "Is it pro-Hamas or Pro-Palastinians? There's a difference. I don't know anybody who likes Hamas."

Amazing how you now have been awakened to the reality! You've managed to miss this reality since October somehow, but Alas! You've seen the light! After ignoring and avoiding a hundred videos posting simple proof, you've decided to click on one and accept that this may actually be happening! And when you finally see the light, and realize how stupid you've been, what is your awesome response??? "Apparently they're wrong." Wow. So inspiring.
I literally don't know anybody who likes Hamas. Nobody on this board defends them. But some probably Muslim college students - not the thousands you claim - but some, yell We are Hamas...from a Fox News video. You just flail and flail. What I do KNOW is this isn't something you REALLY care about...it's you using an issue to troll libs, just like you told us you were going to do a few years ago. I member.

Reactions: Ree4
The problem is a lot of these protests have gone from criticizing Israel to full on hatred of Jews.
Have they really or are politicians magnifying a few incidents and conflating it to the entire movement?

As I’ve said, I’m at a “pox on both houses” state with the Israelis and the Palestinians - neither are serious about peace and both sides commit heinous atrocities.

But in a lot of the coverage I’ve read (Wall Street journal/Washington Post/The Atlantic - they point out the majority of demonstrations are mild affairs and that there are actually relatively large numbers of Jewish students participating in them.

Personally, any student calling for the killing or elimination of ANY ethnic/religious/national group should be expelled from any university immediately. Im
Just not convinced that is happening as often as some are portraying

Reactions: Ree4 and BelemNole
but for some reason you post in a way that all of this from both sides is equal and that libs hate Israel.
Are you just a liar or do you really have no understanding of the things you read and see? 100% of my posts on this issue have been aimed at college kids and the idiot administrators in academia. You're just making shit up when you spew that crap.

People don't have a problem with Judaism. People have troubles with the Government of Israel violating all norms of warfare killing innocent non-combatants. These actions are now blurring the line between Judaism, the religion, and policy of the Government of Israel. The more this happens and the more it continues, the more people will violently overreact. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Even the US Government is tired of some of the actions of the Israeli military.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT